New to direct dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguifan

Jan 5, 2010
Shelby NC, USA
I've been vaping since November of last year (almost a year!). I've been using cartridges in my Joye 510, and a DSE 801. But I've become frustrated that neither of these wick juice very well. So I started dripping. The flavor is much better and the vapor has definitely improved. But I have two questions:

1)Does it make a difference whether or not you have stuffing in the cartridge tip?

2)Will my atomizers still taper off like normal or will they just suddenly stop working?

Any other advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
-jeff

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
aguifan:I've been vaping since November of last year (almost a year!). I've been using cartridges in my Joye 510, and a DSE 801. But I've become frustrated that neither of these wick juice very well. So I started dripping. The flavor is much better and the vapor has definitely improved. But I have two questions:

1)Does it make a difference whether or not you have stuffing in the cartridge tip?

It really doesn't make a difference, but there's no need for it and better yet, you'll do better with a drip tip so no removing the cartridge.

2)Will my atomizers still taper off like normal or will they just suddenly stop working?

Dripping can cause more build up on the coil which will tend to tax it more but unless you're using LR attys, you should get pretty good life with regular atomizers. As with any method - refill/drip when you detect a loss of flavor and don't take overly long draws.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
Dripping can cause more build up on the coil which will tend to tax it more but unless you're using LR attys, you should get pretty good life with regular atomizers. As with any method - refill/drip when you detect a loss of flavor and don't take overly long draws.

Because of that increased build up, I've found that dripping requires more 'atty maintenance.'

Initially, when i started dripping, I was surprised that my atomizers didn't seem to last as long. Performance dropped off more quickly than it did when I was using a cart. I was going through so many attys, that i was afraid I would either have to spend a mint on atomizers or give up dripping. Eventually, I realized that I just had to clean them out more often.

While you do have to be careful about keeping the atty wet when you drip, in my case, I was probably going overboard. As a result, the coils were accumulating a lot of gunk that quickly degraded performance. For me, a hot water rinse and soaking/swirling in white vinegar seems to take care of the residue.

So unless you have an unlimited budget for atomizers, keep 'em clean--particularly if you drip a lot--and they'll last longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread