new to cartomizers, can someone explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
CO
I had a m401 a year ago. Just ordered a Riva but i took a break from ecigs for a while. Nnever used a cartomizer. What is a cartomizer as opposed to an atomizer and a cart?

I used to take the batting out and replace it with nylon tea bag material. It would be nice if there was some sort of cart or cartomizer or whatever with no batting at all. Is there? is that what this cartomizer v2 is?

Should I just use drip tips? I never liked the idea of having some sort of material touching the atomizer. Burning cotton is not good to inhale, burnig plastic is certainly not good to inhale. Even is the cart is properly moist, I just don't like the idea of these fillers near where the heat is and you inhaling that. There has got to be a good solution!

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Instructions on how to make the ZFM or Zero Filler mod can be found in the Cartridge mods section. Scottyballs also sells them via his website.

If you choose to drip, a drip tip will streamline the process compared to using a blank cart. It's a mouthpiece with a hole through it.

A cartomizer is a combination of atomizer and cartridge. It has filler, juice, and heating element in one unit.

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
Yes, the cartomizer v2 is a unit with no filler. However, it still has wicking material in it. There are very mixed reports by several users in the reviews section. It has potential, and a lot of it. But it seems that it may still need development.

Basically, a cartomizer is an atomizer and cartridge combined. However, they do not last as long (usually) as an atomizer/cartridge, but then also cost less. Still, they do last for typically 3 to 10 refills, with some users reporting many more refills. Nonetheless, consider them a disposable item that will need to be replaced more often than an atomizer/cartridge.

Some really like the convenience, and report good vapor/flavor/th. Personally, I like the convenience, but still find an atomizer/cartridge gives a bit better flavor and th.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Cartomizers fill the nitch of holding more eliq than the cartridges. Sitting at home it's easy to top the cartridge off every other vape session or so, but I got them for the road. Not sure a cartomizer will last me all day, but it'll get me a fair piece down the road when topping off or changing cartridges could be a pain in the ***.

I'll admit to being a bit paranoid about vaping burning anything.........that's why I wanted to vape in the first place. But I'm willing to take a small calculated risk to eliminate the known hazards of analogs.

Cartomizer is like everything else in the PV world. It'll work for some and not for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread