Status
Not open for further replies.

torch

Jul 18, 2015
I guess I have to post 5 times in this area before I can reply to posts in other areas. So:

One.

Or ask questions in appropriate areas.

I have found that most forums appreciate it if one stays "on topic", ensuring messages are appropriate to the sub-forum.

Says Hey.... Fellow newbie here

The rules of this forum pretty much strive for the same thing. In fact, they seem to be more strict than most forums.

As this is my 5th post in this forum, I will mention that I am a long-time pack-a-day smoker (>40 years), looking to quit and have actually been lurking around here and a few other sites for a while trying to make sense of it all. Thanks to all that have already answered most of my questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: davevape55

Kimco

Jul 18, 2015
I am new here as well! Been smoking on and off for the last 25 years. I maintained myself at 1 or 2 cigs a day for the last 5 years or so. My kids are at an age where if they find cigs, or smell them on me, they get very upset. I promised them I would not have any more, and it's been about three weeks! vaping has solved most of my cravings. I have learned quite a lot lurking through these forums!

Reactions: dcfluegel

aga

Jul 18, 2015
I guess I have to post 5 times in this area before I can reply to posts in other areas. So:

One.

Or ask questions in appropriate areas.

I have found that most forums appreciate it if one stays "on topic", ensuring messages are appropriate to the sub-forum.

Says Hey.... Fellow newbie here

The rules of this forum pretty much strive for the same thing. In fact, they seem to be more strict than most forums.

As this is my 5th post in this forum, I will mention that I am a long-time pack-a-day smoker (>40 years), looking to quit and have actually been lurking around here and a few other sites for a while trying to make sense of it all. Thanks to all that have already answered most of my questions.
Hi. I'm 39 and smoke packet a day. Bought cheap battery and kept smoking and vaping. 2 weeks ago I got a good battery and tank and I'm really shocked. I never touch ciggi. Even going to the parties once a week surrounded by people smoking. Please invest in good equipment. It was very easy for me. Hope I keep going like that

Reactions: dcfluegel

torch

Jul 18, 2015
Well according to a moderator, I was "spamming for post count". I beg to differ, such action is defined as "placing meaningless posts" under the rules. The 5 post rule is explained as necessary protection against spam and the only place one can post is here. Therefore I was clearly attempting to show I was not a spambot.

Since the only place I can post is here, and since I have not yet seen mention of it here or elsewhere, I have a couple of legal points to make about Ontario's pending ban.

1. The Act clearly defines an e-cigarette as "1. A vaporizer or inhalant-type device, whether called an electronic cigarette or any other name, that contains a power source and heating element designed to heat a substance and produce a vapour intended to be inhaled {emphasis added] by the user of the device directly through the mouth, whether or not the vapour contains nicotine.

I believe this to be a critical loophole in the legislation. To be convicted of contravening the act (when and if it is proclaimed in force) the prosecution would have to prove intent. I therefore suggest that all retailers in Ontario immediately take steps to advise customers not to inhale the vapour. Nicotine can and will be absorbed sublingually, (or nicotine gum would not work) therefore inhalation is unnecessary.

Second, has anyone looked at launching a charter challenge? This legislation is clearly a contravention of Section 2, and while the Ontario Government could enact a notwithstanding clause, they have chosen not to do so. In the absence of such a clause, Charter rights are "subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society." and the Supreme Court has the bar is set very high in that regard.

I suspect there is sufficient public interest for this matter to be heard by the Ontario Superior Court. I would think legal fees would run upwards of $30,000, not including witness fees for experts.

Now I've said my piece, so it's back to lurk mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread