New member, new vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgw1986

Feb 10, 2012
Dallas, GA
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm new to vaping, new member here, and I think I'm addicted. I've been an analog smoker for about ten years, and I've been trying to find a way to quit smoking and gain some of my health back. I'm a college student, and heard some guys talking about e-cigs at one of the campus smoking areas. I went scouring the internet and found this forum. I immediately ordered what I thought would be a good starting point, even if a little overkill lol. I bought a dse 901 kit from litecigusa, some liquids from altcig, and then an eGo double kit from e cigarette impressions(great prices and purchase there).

So, I started out dedicated to getting off the smokes. I dropped a good bit of cash but it was well worth it. In the last three days that I have been vaping, I went from a pack a day, to 8 cigarettes a day, to none for the last two days. Money well spent. I've tried everything else and I've never been able to quit until now.

All of the vendors I used were awesome, fast shipping and good prices. Altcig and e cig impressions both threw in extras.

videodj

Feb 16, 2012
Northampton, England
I'm new to vaping too, I've been a smoker for 23 years and decided it was time to quit, so brought myself a Riva 510, as soon as I started using it, I haven't smoked a cigarette. I've also tried many things in the past, but always failed, hopefully this will work for me and improve my health and bank balance.

I've spent the last few days researching vaping, and mixing, waiting for my supplies to arrive so I can get started, much more fun than smoking!

jgw1986

Feb 10, 2012
Dallas, GA
I'm new to vaping too, I've been a smoker for 23 years and decided it was time to quit, so brought myself a Riva 510, as soon as I started using it, I haven't smoked a cigarette. I've also tried many things in the past, but always failed, hopefully this will work for me and improve my health and bank balance.

I've spent the last few days researching vaping, and mixing, waiting for my supplies to arrive so I can get started, much more fun than smoking!

Yeah as soon as I found out about vaping I couldnt wait to get started. The only reason I smoked 8 cigs that first day is I only had my 901 kit and hadn't gotten the hang of keeping the batteries charged yet. The next day got me eGo kits, with nice long battery life, and haven't looked back since.

More fun, better taste, and I dont feel bad about it!

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
Congrats on being a somewhat atypical new vaper.

Glad to hear you found ECF and did some research before purchasing your first kit. It's also nice to see you now have a backup device in case anything should happen to your preferred PV. Get some backup chargers, find the cartos/attys/juices you like and stock up and you'll be set for a while.

And don't forget to leave the house with a spare battery.

jgw1986

Feb 10, 2012
Dallas, GA
Such a warm welcome! I've definitely found my cure for analogs. I was so surprised how easy and fast it was to quit. I've found my favorite PV so far (I love my eGo). Next adventure is mixing my own liquids. The premixed ones I got from altcig were pretty good, but I want something more. I'm on the hunt for a good tobacco flavor, and some kind of minty flavor. Most of what I have now are sweet, which is good for the occasional but I really want a tobacco or mint go-to daily flavor. Also maybe a coffee... just something not so sweet for an all-day liquid.

Off to read reviews! thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Justin

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Such a warm welcome! I've definitely found my cure for analogs. I was so surprised how easy and fast it was to quit. I've found my favorite PV so far (I love my eGo). Next adventure is mixing my own liquids. The premixed ones I got from altcig were pretty good, but I want something more. I'm on the hunt for a good tobacco flavor, and some kind of minty flavor. Most of what I have now are sweet, which is good for the occasional but I really want a tobacco or mint go-to daily flavor. Also maybe a coffee... just something not so sweet for an all-day liquid.

Off to read reviews! thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Justin

For good tobacco flavors, I would recommend checking out Backwoods Brew. I went through a lot of tobacco liquids until I found his and I've liked them all. This thread is pretty good at giving descriptions of his various flavors.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-everything-descriptions-our-flavors-you.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread