new member, new to vaping. a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt58

Aug 22, 2013
SoCal
hi all, im new to vaping and i'd like to give it a go and possibly my girlfriend as well. ive been looking around and doing some research and i decided on a budget vape rig for my first one. my buddy has one of those provari's and it is insane. i might get one of those one day but for now i had a few questions on the rig i wanted to make. i was looking on discount vapers and saw they had an ego-t 1100 mah starter kit. it comes with 2 batteries so i could get one and my gf also. im not sure if those particular egos twist on the bottom to adjust voltage. if they dont do you think when i get my kanger pro tank 2 after i go through the 2.5 ohm coils the 2.2 ohm coil replacements will give me a bit more vape? do kanger pro tank 2's perform well on ego -t ?

with the kit, another charger, and the 2 kanger pro tank 2's it came out to just under 100$ and i think thats pretty awesome. will this be an ok rig for a first timer?

ego starter kit : DV eGo-T Starter Kit - 1100mah
ego charger for the other battery : eGo/510 USB Rapid Charger - 420mAh
kanger pro tank 2 : Kanger ProTank II
kanger pro tank 2 : Kanger ProTank II - Purple

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
I bought my first battery at Fasttech to see if I would like vaping or not. You can something like this if you're looking at the $100 range.
$48.39 Vamo V3 6-in-1 Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarettes Set with OLED Screen - 2*18350 / chrome / US plug at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

If you want to go super cheap, just get something like this:
$10.52 EGO-CE4 2-in-1 USB Rechargeable 650mAh E-Cigarettes Set with 0.65" Screen - black / 2.1

While some experienced vapers may say to get something more expensive, I still use my little eGO-t pretty often. While some flavors vape better at higher voltages, I've found some I prefer that don't require VV to taste really well.

If you're still loving it in a month, then I think it's time to consider buying something more expensive. Just my 2 cents.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
That started kit you chose will be fine to get your feet wet, but buy two of them. When your battery dies and needs to be charged you will wish you had a spare battery to vape with.

The Protank 2 is a solid choice, but it is heavy and is a little bulky on an eGo battery. It's also glass, so if you drop it on a hard surface it could shatter on you. To start with I would recommend something like the Kanger eVod. It vapes really well, is easy to use, it looks good on an eGo, and you can buy replacement coil heads for it that aren't very expensive and are easy to swap out. Just my opinion, I really like the EVODs on an eGo battery for carrying around with me.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
approximately how long will those ego t 1100 mah batteries last me before i have to charge them up

The general rule of thumb is for each 100 mAh you will get about an hour of vape time, but it varies depending on how often you vape, what you are vaping with, the quality of the internal battery, etc. I wouldn't expect to get more than 10 hours of vape time, and it will take a few hours to charge it up again completely once you drain it, so you'll be out of luck during that time. That's why it's recommended to always have a backup battery.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
approximately how long will those ego t 1100 mah batteries last me before i have to charge them up

As with last poster I'm sure it depends on how much you vape. I'm guessing I puff mine about 2-3 times every 10 mins sometimes more sometimes less but I'm guessing about that. I can make at all day through work and into part of the evening on most days with full charge. I was actually going to guess 12 hours for me but I'm sure that varies. My starter kit came with 2 batteries and have both in the carrying case that was provided with the ego-c starter kit and never have been worried about running out of battery power.

If your at work or near a computer you can always use the usb charger to always keep battery fully charged.

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
what voltage will the ego kit put out under load? im not sure if this model has the twisting bottom

If you want a little more leeway on the voltage, get a Joyetech eGo-c twist. Get the 1000mah or 1100mah. Will last all most of the day. Then get a charger bag and charge it overnight. You are ready for the next day.

Joyetech Twist

Joyetech Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh Battery

Charging bag

Li-Po GUARD 25x33cm Safety Battery Charging/Storing Bag

Greg W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread