New Member and new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen in North Pole AK

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
North Pole, AK
Hello, my name is Jen and I am in North Pole, Alaska. I have been a smoker for over 20 years.
I bought my first ego kit a few months ago while out drinking with friends and there was a guy letting people sample different flavors. $80 later, a new kit and a couple of flavors, I started the journey:) I guess here is where I mention that I have no impulse control after the first beer.

I checked out a couple of the local smoke shops for options (if you have ever been in Fairbanks or North Pole you will understand that options is used with sarcasm), and feel that my best choices are to figure it out through online shopping.
I have been ordering different atomizers and juices and am still working on getting the right set up. So far I have tried the CE 4, CE 5, GS-H2, Vista Nova, MT5, and an X6. I have tried ordering neat looking mod type tanks from China (did I mention how good Alaska made beer is, or how easy it is to shop online while drinking?), that was a waste of $s not to mention I have 2 gigantic set ups in an odd pinkish salmon hue.
My favorite as far as flavor/vapor is the CE 4, followed by the Vista Nova
Problem with the CE-4 is they start leaking and crack after only a couple of weeks. The Vista Nova tank doesn't have quite as much flavor.
I just ordered the Aspire nautilus and Kanger Protank and hope that when they finally arrive one or both of them will be my new favorite.

For juices I found Viking Vapors right away and absolutely love them! Strong flavors, ability to customize and a really decent price. They also ship really fast, my order is generally in my hands in North Pole in 4 days! I have tried friends liquids and a couple of really inexpensive companies and have decided to stick with Viking.... Although I still spend 2x as much for the Kona Milkshake from Virgin Vapors which was my very first vape tried and still the crave when I am out having a few beers (can I plug the Alaskan Free Ride Ale now:)

So after about 4 months of trial and error I have now been almost totally smoke free for about 2 weeks and am really excited at the idea of switching.
I am also excited about reading and learning about others experiences.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum Jen. Glad to have you here!:)

You will really love your Nautillus (especially if you got the new BVC's (bottom vertical coils). I haven't yet tried them but everyone here on ECF raves about them. I bought my Protanks before they introduced the Aerotank (basically a protank with airflow control base). I have since updated them with a KangerTech Stainless Steel Aerotank Base.

Aerotank Base.jpg

When you are in the market for an upgrade to your battery, I highly recommend you look at the MVP v2

1. Huge (2600 mah) battery
2. Variable Voltage - Voltage can be adjusted from 3.3 ~ 5.0 in 0.1 volt increments
3. Variable Wattage - Wattage can be adjusted from 6.0 ~ 11.0 in 0.5 watt increments
4. Ohms Meter - Reads the resistance of your atomizer
5. Pass through ability (vape while charging)
6. $40 shipped at many online stores

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Hello and welcome, Jen. :) Just got back from visiting my dau. in Fairbanks this past Aug. You sure are correct about not much available locally. Did try the Artic Vapor's juice some time ago.

You will, for sure, enjoy the Nautilus. If it is the 5 ml Nauti and not the mini, be sure to grab some of the new bottom vertical coils, BVC. You do not say which Kanger ProTank you ordered. If it's single coil, save your burnt out coil housings. Later you might want to learn to recoil and wick with organic cotton balls. Actually, I started to rewick with the cotton before learning to do coils.

The iTaste MVP2 by Innokin is a really good box mod for beginners. I started on one and still use them. They are smaller than what you see on screen......about the size of a 100's size pack of cigarettes.

Read, read, read here and watch Phil Busardo, Grim Green, and Rip Tripper's utube video reviews. Join Casaa.org (free) and read up on what your state and the FDA are trying to do to vaping. You guys up there may need to storm the Capitol! :laugh:

Relax, have fun, compare gear and juices with your friends. Might want to start a little vaping group for "vape meets". One group (Scenic City Vapers) got started here in Feb. 2013 and now has near 2000 members. You will definitely have a blast not smoking! :toast:

Charbanger

Sep 21, 2014
Hibbing,MN,USA
Welcome Jen, I too am a new member to this site. I noticed you are looking forward to the Kanger Pro tank, I have just sworn off the pro tank myself (it was the first tank system I purchased) I was tired of replacing the coil every day. The pro tank 2 & 3 only seemed to work well with a new coil in it and then it only lasted a short time ( less than 24hrs on a 1.8 ohm coil.) Even though I could purchase 50 coils for 50 bucks, it was still costing me a dollar a day which seemed unnecessary. Well I finally found a solution, the Kayfun Lite Plus and a Provari Mod. Now, I too can experience the huge vape clouds that roam the instructional videos on Youtube :) When your Pro-tank arrives, try to keep the voltage down or you will get that burnt taste immediately and ruin your coil/wick, not to mention it will turn your juice brown quickly. Who knows the Protank might be perfect for you, it just wasn't for me. I hope you find that perfect vape, because it will change you forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread