New Kayfun v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docbrown121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2014
Morris, IL, USA
So I received my new v2 and I absolutely love it. I have no experience with rbas and building the coil wasn't hard at all. I built a microcoil that is a 1.7 ohm. I don't know what to use for the wick. I bought 15ft of Eko wool, but for the life of me I can't get more than one strand through. Any thoughts on what I should use for a wick, or suggestions to make the Eko wool better. Thanks in advance.
9y4ugyha.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I did my first build on a Russian yesterday - and used Ekowool too. I DID torch it, but it frayed like crazy, mostly cause I had to keep futzing with the coil. But it's wicking and working...I got the frayed ends moist with juice, and just sort of tucked them all in over the channels.
I don't like the idea of having to change out cotton all the time, so I'll probably try another build with Ekowool - if possible, a nice neat micro like yours. Looks great!!
Mine's 1.7 ohms, but it's just about 5 wraps, not a micro.

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
Not sure if yours will fit like this with the silica you have but, A good tip for inserting 2 strands of silica is to take one piece folded in half then just put a piece of wire threw the loop "loop of wire threw loop of silica" slide wire threw coil and gently pull the looped end of silica threw. You can then cut the loop or leave it up to you. I just use regular cotton and the navy nest. This is my favorite set up on my KFL+ wicks awesome because each end of wick returns to the wick coming from the coil feeding itself. Currently have had my cotton in for 5 days and don't see any need to change it out yet. Here are a couple vids hope this helps.

5:15 for inserting 2 strands, or even 3 as he shows if you think you need that much.
'STEAM SANDWICH COIL' for KAYFUN - REBUILD - YouTube

Navy nest build
'NAVY NEST' COIL for KAYFUN - TUTORIAL. - YouTube

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Those are good videos - hand't seen them, and I'm fiddling with my first Russian...thanks.
Actually, my first build was a lot like a "navy nest" except for the ends I tucked in being all frayed and sloppy... LOL

Not sure if yours will fit like this with the silica you have but, A good tip for inserting 2 strands of silica is to take one piece folded in half then just put a piece of wire threw the loop "loop of wire threw loop of silica" slide wire threw coil and gently pull the looped end of silica threw. You can then cut the loop or leave it up to you. I just use regular cotton and the navy nest. This is my favorite set up on my KFL+ wicks awesome because each end of wick returns to the wick coming from the coil feeding itself. Currently have had my cotton in for 5 days and don't see any need to change it out yet. Here are a couple vids hope this helps.

5:15 for inserting 2 strands, or even 3 as he shows if you think you need that much.
'STEAM SANDWICH COIL' for KAYFUN - REBUILD - YouTube

Navy nest build
'NAVY NEST' COIL for KAYFUN - TUTORIAL. - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread