New Halo G6 owner with a couple questions for the more experienced ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wargasm

Sep 8, 2014
United States
New G6 (starter kit) owner here, had a few questions for the folks that have the maintenance and use of their e cig down.

First question, what method do you guys use to refill your cartomizers without overfilling? The liquids I got from Halo dont exactly offer a way to measure how much you've used. So I'm left to guessing roughly "a little" less than 1/7 of the bottle(since they are 7mg). Also, the 20 "drops" Halo suggests is a little difficult to measure as the drops seem to often gather at the top without seeping in - so I'm forced to make a seal between the cartomizer and fill bottle nozzle without seeing how many drops. Basically, I'm a little paranoid about burning it out with all the warnings of no over filling. Suggestions?

Next question, I got 2 auto draw batteries, is it safe to carry them around in your pocket without them activating from a gentle wind? Also, is it safe to carry the e cig put together without the rubber caps on the cartomizer? Or has yours leaked?

Lastly, what's your experience using non Halo liquids in your e cig?

Feel free to add any tips you might have!

Many thanks everyone!

-From Richmond, VA

VannyPak

Sep 2, 2014
Amarillo, TX
Hi Wargasm! Welcome to the forum!! On your cartos I would recommend 15-20 drops anything more than that will overflow it. Also I would recommend letting it sit for a minute or two and doing a primer puff just to must sure it has soaked into the fill. Also with the cartos the best taste will come from removing the plastic cap and using a drip tip that you can buy through Halo. If you really want the best flavor the mini tanks are the way to go.

Your auto draw batteries should be fine in your pocket. You drawing on them is what activates the battery. I would always unscrew my cartos from the battery and carry them in the plastic case they come in. No leaks.

If you really want to experiment with different eliquids again I would recommend getting some mini tanks. They're super easy to fill and use.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
The best way is counting drops...about 20-25 in a new carto. Sometimes you let it sit to soak in...or shake the liquid down like shaking an old style thermometer. Basically you are looking to get the top of the filler looking slushy but not pooling. Don't worry about over filling you won't hurt it...it would leak out of the bottom and you can just blow out the excess into a paper towel.

Try the small clearomizers (g6 tank...or mini tank....also sold as Kanger T4 elsewhere). They work well and you can see the fill level.

I only owned one auto cig-sized battery (my very first) and it was not Halo, but you should not have a problem with an assembled one in your pocket...it has a 5 second cut off I believe, so it won't over fire or anything. The cartomizer shouldn't leak if it's filled right. I used to carry a spare with the plastic cover (know as condoms in these parts), but no cover on the one I was using. Really, that set-up...auto battery with a cartomizer...is probably the most pocket friendly device ever made.

Last edited:

Wargasm

Sep 8, 2014
United States
Awesome, thanks. I've got the low resistance cartomizors. I was thinking with some of the talk of auto draw e cigs that it takes a bit to prime it and get what you want out of it, so that should hopefully help with that. It's still on the initial 8 hour charge, so I haven't quite had a chance to try it out. I'll try the 20 drop thing again and see if after a few drops they will seep into the hole. I'm hoping to stick with the small G6's and not the tanks, just to blend in and make it seem a little more normal until I can drop the habit all together. Thanks again

Wargasm

Sep 8, 2014
United States
The best way is counting drops...about 20-25 in a new carto. Sometimes you let it sit to soak in...or shake the liquid down like shaking an old style thermometer. Basically you are looking to get the top of the filler looking slushy but not pooling. Don't worry about over filling you won't hurt it...it would leak out of the bottom and you can just blow out the excess into a paper towel.

Try the small clearomizers (g6 tank...or mini tank....also sold as Kanger T4 elsewhere). They work well and you can see the fill level.

I only owned one auto cig-sized battery (my very first) and it was not Halo, but you should not have a problem with an assembled one in your pocket...it has a 5 second cut off I believe, so it won't over fire or anything. The cartomizer shouldn't leak if it's filled right. I used to carry a spare with the plastic cover (know as condoms in these parts), but no cover on the one I was using. Really, that set-up...auto battery with a cartomizer...is probably the most pocket friendly device ever made.

I'm tempted to put a different brands liquid in the cartomizer, but still unsure. Anyone tried with different results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread