New guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unclepuffs

Dec 26, 2014
Maine
Hello all,
My name is Dave and I haven't had an analog cigerette in almost two years. I work a super high stress job and after two weeks of cold turkey I found myself in the local Cigerette Shopper to pick up a box or twenty of my brand. It was at that moment that the guy behind the counter who I have a pretty good relationship with intorduced me to an eGo style vape kit. It was cheap, I don't even remember the brand, but I bought it and some crap eliquid instead of analogs. I never looked back.

Flash forward to now, and because of a bit of loyalty and a lot of lack of research on my part I am still analog free, and still vaping off crappy bargin bin eGo's. My current brand is Puff. Not a great product but it works. The juice is meh. I just knew there had to be something better than this. At Thanksgiving my nephew (an advanced vaper) who had also vaped for many years showed up with a pack of smokes, while I showed up with my Puff. He took a drag off it and the very next day texted me to let me know he had ordered a VaporShark rDNA 40 and a Russian 91%. I did a quick search and decided that was a bit out of my price range. So I took my trusty bargin bin Puff, searched for eCig's in Google and ended up on PBusardo's Youtube channel. I watched quite a few video's and instead of feeling enlightened, I felt confused. I knew I didn't want an RDA or an RBA just yet because I wasn't sure how to build and know nothing of resistances and all that jazz. My confusion is not Phil's fault, his videos are super informative and entertaining, my confusion is because I am a binge watcher. I'd seen so many tanks and mods that I would never be able to make a choice!

So, I took a chance and on December 22nd I e-mailed Phil to ask his opinion. I wasn't sure if he would get back to me it was the holiday's and I am sure he gets tons of questions weekly. He got back to me within the hour, we e-mailed back and forth and he helped me narrow down what I was looking for perormance wise and ended up suggesting I go for the eLeaf iStick and a Aspire Nautilus Mini. I immediatly began looking for the best price, and immediatly began seeing other Aspire products as well. I can't order until next Friday but I settled on an eLeaf iStick, with a Nautilus tank and the Aspire Premium kit, getting me two mods and two tanks! I also am ordering two five packs of replacement coils. Super excited to get this stuff!

Watching Phil led me to GrimmGreen, and I also found RubyRoo...it will not be long before I order an RDA and a mechanical now as well.

Sorry this was so long, just very happy to see a community so willing to help people quit and stay off analog's and have a great hobby to boot! I don't know if Phil uses this forum, but if he does...Thank you for all your help brother! You were very patient and didn't have to go to such lenghts to help such a n00b!

Thanks for reading all,
Dave

Mccannch

Nov 10, 2014
NY
That's a great story. Glad you stuck with it so long. The products out there seem to get better every day and that is why there are so many choices out there. Seems that the iStick / nautilus combo is the sweet spot for starters these days. Hope you enjoy, also, never be afraid to ask for help here. It's a huge support group here and we all want everyone to succeed

DaniB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
New York
Welcome Dave

Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 9.36.08 AM.jpg

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Howdy,
Happy New Year to you!!
Congrats on the getting off Cancer Sticks, guess being in the right place at the right time would apply here.

What you vape on isn't as important as what you enjoy as I've learned. I know lots that are happy with a Blu style ecig and some that have to have high powered 300w on up box mods. Its all on what makes you happy and keeps you off those Cig's.

I personally prefer about the 100w box mod range and a RDA (Rebuild able Dripping Atomizer) at around .5 ohms but again that's my personal preference. Snoop around your locality to see if any of the B&M shops nearby have vape meets, clean out a drip tip and be curious as a lot of people will let you try their set-up's.

Expect to spend money as you progress further, the nic cravings subside and then its a hobby if nothing else. Chasing either the flavor or vapor will become a thing, once you hit the peek then you've done something most of us are still figuring out.

In the vape world the curious have all the fun so feel free to ask loads of questions, try loads of new things and learn what you can. I'd suggest learning to venture in to Rebuild able atomizers and if possible DYI juices as both these will save you loads of cash.

Replaceable battery mods are a wonderful thing, they reduce pollution and overall are cheaper in the long run.
Again, Welcome

Sincerely,
Midnight

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Hi, Dave.
I quit 15 months ago. Went a year with Halo Triton. (top coil clearo with VV) Still works great. For my vaperversary I treated myself to an iStick and a Naughty mini. It's so nice to have one device that lasts me more than a day.

Just be careful with the iStick's threads. I always use the adapter with a beauty ring. It saves the bat's threads and makes it easier to hold for me.

Shop around for sales on the coils, and don't bother with BDC, stick with the BVC.

I also really like the aspire vivinova S glass tanks. They take a different coil, but it's also an aspire BVC. And the tanks are $5 or $6 on sale.

Treat yourself to some great juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread