• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
OK, we all get new toys from time to time, and if you are like me, you want to tell somebody about it.
I thought a thread would be nice where we can post about what we got, are getting, or want, and how we feel about it, or any questions we may have before or after we get it.

So, Ok, Yes, I got something new today. So Nicfits, what did you get today? (Nicfits talking to self):confused:

I got 4 510 kits from electronicstix. I haven't got to try them out yet as they are still charging. I did cheat though and took a couple of drags off a partially charged battery, and all I can say is, if this thing puts out like it did with only a partial charge, I can't wait till in the morning when I can truely fire these bad boys up.
I got the black ones with manual batteries. I was hoping my wife would not like the manual batteries so they would all be mine, but guess what she likes them. :( LOL.

Just to let everyone know, if you have or are thinking of getting a 510, look at the holes in the attys. 3 out my 8 were partially blocked. One had glue or caulk over one of the holes and on the threads, and the other two it looks like the insulator that seperates the center conductor from outer ground sticks down a little too far and was blocking the holes.
Both these problems were easily remedied though. I used a toothe pick to remove the white glue/caulk from the threads, and then used a tiny drill bit to push the insulator up and away from the holes. A small wire will probably also work, just make sure you don't probe too deep and damage or break a battery wire.
(Note: these are the new two hole attys, not the 4 hole ones with two glued.)
I remember reading on another thread that someone was getting a real hard draw on their Dura C. I'd bet a dime to a doughnut, this was the cause.

Last edited:

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Well, I am vaping on one of my new 510s as I type this, and so far it is giving me the best throat hit I have ever gotten from an E-Cig. I love the manual switch. Weird, the bottom of the standard Joye box says the batteries are 3.0-3.2 volt Li-Ion. I would have expected 3.6 to 3.7.

It plumes vapor like crazy, the vape is also slightly warm, and to me it is the closest I have come to finding an E-cig that mimmicks the smoking characteristics of analogs.

Uhh,ohhh?

OK, whew, that scared me. I went to take another hit off my 510 and it did nothing, no battery light or vape. I went and stuck another battery on it and the atty was fine. I put the first battery on the charger for about 5 minutes and then tried it again, the led came back on and it produced vapor, but it flashed at me telling me that the battery needed recharging. I guess I wasn't paying attention. It may have already flashed at me, don't know. I did not notice any reduction in vapor though. That may be because I am still used to the vapor production from a 901 or 801, in this case it seemed normal to me. Well, I got about three hours of heavy vaping out of the first battery. Not bad I guess. These are the new smaller batteries. They are 180 Mah.

Anyway, my first impressions tell me, this is my new first choice for an E-Cig. I can't wait to get a passthrough for it.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
firdaddy,
My very first E-cig was a 401. I didn't like it at first and went to a penstyle because of the extremely small carts, plus it leaked like crazy on me. I went back to the 401 awhile back and found that I liked it better than I did my 901s. For me, it produced better flavor and like the 510, the vape is slightly warmed. It was my in experience that overfilling my carts was the cause for the leakage.
Some people say they only drip with their 401s, I don't drip at all with mine. And as long as I bat off any excess fluid from the cart I have no problems with leakage. You will like the 401, Just be prepared to refill the carts often. I get maybe two cigs worth out of a refill, if that much.
Fine if I am at home, a pain on the road.
I am getting pretty good mileage out of my 510 carts, they seem a little bigger than the 901s. I used a syringe to fill them I have not measured or counted drops yet to fully compare.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
yea the vapor is defintaly a little warm, which i like tremendously.. from the way your talking about the 510, that might be next on my list:)
damn it, i thought vapin was cheaper than smoking.. until you want to buy every single model out there:hubba:

I'm hearing ya! I'm thinking 501 for my next order of a new toy... Just to try. Not that I need it but, ya know! lol

keg

Mar 9, 2009
Dallas, TX
My first e-cigs were the 901 and 801 penstyle. Rubbish, I tell you. After some research I bit the bullet and bought a Screwdriver. Hands down this thing is amazing. I can go on and on about it. Love it. I could get a part time job as a fog machine and with my killer dance moves I'm sure I would be a hit. It does require some maintenence but no more then my others and with consitency every time. I'm ordering a Zi Moshi but it will be awhile before they are ready.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Nic,
Did you get your passthoughs in yet? Are you using them with a power-pack? Does anyone else besides me have a problem with the button? It seems like 50/50 when I press the button I actually engage the switch.... anyone else experience the same thing?

I ordered two passthroughs and recieved the package on Friday 05/15/09. It only had one passthrough in it. I called Jason, and he put another one in the mail and sent me a tracking number for it immediately. No complaints from me. Jason was real easy to work with and did not question it at all. He was apologetic for the mistake.

I am not using a power pack with mine. I am either running it through a USB 2.0 hub or plugged into a 120 volt wall adaptor. It's working fine for me. I also have briefly used it running just off the inline battery and found no difference in performance. My only dislike is the small lightweight cable. It appears to be very delicate and one would have to be careful not to accidentally tug on it. I have in the past noticed that my
USB connection(s) didn't/don't always make a proper connection when first plugged in, and have had to unplug and then replug. It would be nice if these passthroughs had a led light to let us know it is getting power from the USB connection, like a thumb drive.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Got a e-cigar from Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop today. Very freaking cool! Very similar to the DSE701 but with a better finish. Nice Vapor and the carts are the closest flavor to a real cigar I think I have ever found. Very impressed overall. 5 year warranty too.

Oh man, I am green with envy. :D
5 year warranty. Man that is awesome. I swore off buying any more stuff for a while. Now you I got the wants again.
Thanks frank, LOL....

Edit: I see that the gaurantee is valid as long as you only use Ruyan cartidges. I wonder if Ruyan juice does not leave as much or any gunk in the attys. Be interesting to find out how clean they run. Keep us informed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread