New From LA - IPV Mini 2 Paint Chip Solution & Other Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDB10r

Mar 28, 2015
Malibu, CA
Hey guys,

Been lurking for quite some time finally decided to sign up. I've been vaping for a little over 2 years now. I build custom mod holders out of Lexan (unbreakable). I also make custom mod wraps out of the best 3M Vinyl - I have a laser cad cutter at work and do the designs myself. I recently had to mirror polish my IPV 2 Mini which was formerly black because of a minor chip which just grew and grew. Not kidding - I never even took it out of my house, it was wrapped in vinyl up until the front rounded edges and that's where the chip appeared. I keep them all in microfiber sun glass pouches too. From there the black paint just easily came off with my fingernail... What a joke. Anyway, I've spent hours polishing it to a perfect mirror chrome finish. As I see it, polishing it or anodizing it is the only solution as getting a new outer shell will only result in the same thing - chipping paint. I'm about to put a new wrap on it. Thinking a dark gunmetal color carbon fiber. I still have the black CF vinyl screen cover on it but not sure if I want to two tone it.

I also have about 20 mech mods and drippers and three sub-ohm tanks for driving when I'm lazy and don't feel like dripping... but for now, here are my VW/VV mods wrapped in my carbon (except my newly chrome polished IPV Mini 2). Which will get a new wrap after I post this. I guess the one you'll most likely want to see is the chromed IPV Mini 2, not sure if anyone has done this yet besides me.

Anyway - I live in Oxnard & Malibu CA - anyone locals on here?

Here's a few of my beauties. I'm super OCD, so I have to keep all my vape stuff flawless.

Oh and anyone else on here have issues with the IPV Mini 1 or 2 paint wearing/chipping? I've seen plenty of threads about it. But since I'm new, I cant post in them. :)

Pics below:
IPV3 165w Upgrade - In house / weekend mod
IPV Mini 2 70w - Mostly in house / weekend mod
iStick Mini 30w - VCT / Kanger Subtank Mini / Aspire Atlantis - My daily mod, love this thing.
Still use my mech mods from time to time. Mainly my Switch Mod - which I love.

Pics:
View attachment 422868 View attachment 422871 View attachment 422870

Last edited:

Spookii

Mar 5, 2015
Ontario
Hey I'm interested in what you did to polish that ipv mini! My black one started with small chip other day and it's getting out of control. I was about to order a wrap for it but that's out... I'm ocd about my mods too and am ...... how bad the paint is. Could you go over polishing a little bit? Tried to look at your pic attachments bit show as bad links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread