New Ego user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betterbait

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Georgia USA
I didn't see a specific spot fro EGO but thought it was an advanced 510. Hope im in the right spot.

Anyway, got my Ego Yesterday from Cignot. They are very quick on shipping and replies to questions. I highly recommend. So, include with the Ego was a tip sheet about primer on the attys. Says to put a few drops of e-liquid on the bridge to try and burn it off. Well, because I am new, I didn't know e-liquid was a necessity. I thought it was for the advanced experimenter. I would have ordered som at the same time if I knew.

So, because I didn't do that and just put a pre-filled cart that came with it, I cant get rid of the burnt taste. Apparently pre-filled carts are no good with the EGO????

Is it because they run hotter? I have a Nicstick which has the same size atty and it works without the burnt taste, but damn, the pre-filled carts dont last but 20 puffs or so before it starts drying up. Any suggestions??

thanks

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Blow your atomizer out, rinse with hot water, blow some hot water through it, blow it out until it's dry. Drip a couple of drops of liquid on it (when you get some) or get some VG locally (Walmart, bakery supply store, whole-food or health-food store, more info in the DIY section) and drop a couple drops of that in there. The VG has a weird flavor by itself, and zero nicotine, but it will get you started and you'll be through it in a vew vapes.

Or just "vape through it", suffering until the bad taste goes away. May be a few vapes or a couple of carts, depending. New atomizers often come with "primer fluid" in them (it's just unflavored PG that's been in them for who-knows-how-long) that can taste pretty foul. Blow your new attys out and prime them first from now on. :)

Also, having a bottle or 2 of juice laying around will not only be useful, it will save your bacon when you don't order enough pre-filled carts. You can re-fill the carts (much cheaper than buying pre-filled), and you can drip a couple of drops directly onto the atomizer and get a decent vape while you're messing around with the carts. In fact, I've done away with the carts entirely, and just direct drip all the time. I don't even own a piece of cottony polyfil, and I don't remember the last time I had a cartridge on my 510 atty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread