NEW Clearomizer has burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
I've read a lot about clearomizers on here, cleaning, clogging, etc. i have a brand-new Kanger esmart 1.8ohm clearomizer, just filled it with a very light colored, 100% vg root beer liquid. I'm only halfway through the tank and I'm getting a distinct smell and taste of burned something. I've used this liquid in other tanks without problem (after refills and all); I keep my wicks wet, jeeze I usually keep it upside down in my pocket and make sure the wick Holes are submerged. I will say it didnt taste burnt the first few hits.
My only guesses right now are user error (maybe I'm using the lower resistance clearo too hard, too often) or some kind of defect? I have a 1.8 ohm clearo on another battery that I use the same way and no burnt taste there. Why is this?

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
maddog123 is right, it could be that the liquid can't wick fast enough. Slow wicking or too much power are the likely causes, I would start by reducing power if your device allows that. Thinning your liquid slightly with PG or water, no more than 5%, might help the esmart keep up. You might also find that shorter draws will help. Good luck!

PopaJoes

Moved On
Apr 20, 2015
Kent
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Thank you for all the info! I cant do anything to the clearomizer cause there is no rubber cap, just a little o-ring (tried to pull chimney out with tweezers then decided I was Not supposed to do that, haha)

So I will be slow and careful with the 100% VG. Won't use it in that tank again for sure, and mixed some 70% pg juice with what's already in it - and probably wont buy 100%VG again soon (I just wanted to try a variety of pg/vg ratios to see what I like best). Thanks again, I love how fast I got so many replies. This is my second post :D

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since you seem to be a new vaper, let me give you a tip. Vaping technique is not like smoking.

Most of us took relatively strong drags from our cigarettes. Well, especially with these "beginner" clearomizers, their tiny wicks and coils can't handle the power drag of a cigarette without causing a burnt taste because the tiny silica wick can not keep the coil sufficiently wet.

Take slow, longer draws from your e-cig. Sometimes you may need to do a "primer puff" or two; that's sucking on the mouthpiece without applying power. This will help keep the coil/wick wet enough to prevent dry or burnt hits.

Also, there are disposable clearos and clearos that accept replacement coil heads. The disposables must be thrown away once the coil & wick are burnt out. With the replacement type, just put the replacement coil head into the clearo and prime the wick.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Pull the rubber cap off, and remove the chimney. Then remove top little wich. then put back togeather and see if that works. coulid be thick juice.

I finally did what you suggested, and it fixed my problem as long as I don't screw the driptip on all the way...too tight in there.
Since you seem to be a new vaper, let me give you a tip. Vaping technique is not like smoking.

Most of us took relatively strong drags from our cigarettes. Well, especially with these "beginner" clearomizers, their tiny wicks and coils can't handle the power drag of a cigarette without causing a burnt taste because the tiny silica wick can not keep the coil sufficiently wet.

Take slow, longer draws from your e-cig. Sometimes you may need to do a "primer puff" or two; that's sucking on the mouthpiece without applying power. This will help keep the coil/wick wet enough to prevent dry or burnt hits.

Also, there are disposable clearos and clearos that accept replacement coil heads. The disposables must be thrown away once the coil & wick are burnt out. With the replacement type, just put the replacement coil head into the clearo and prime the wick.

Not new to vaping, but new to buying ejuice and clearomizers online instead of from a local tobacco store. Thank you though :)

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread