New Chinese clone of the Surefire Vapor .. Limited Edition #IMPROOF knurled 'King' mod >

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbeee

Sep 14, 2014
Hong Kong
Many of these Chinese clones will copy the original logos and everything ... very "blatant"

This clone we are talking about here even has "Made in the USA" etched on the fire button (and we know that Hong Kong is not part of the US) !

img_1252.jpg

Wow. That's scary. I just ordered a Vamo V5 for about 15 USD, an Aspire nautilus tank for about 10 USD, and a KangerTech Mini Protank 2 for about 3 USD from taobao (Chinese Ebay). These sellers are in Shenzhen, China (where it's probably made) and it's being delivered to the same city (where I'm at now) so I'll get it tomorrow. I sure hope they will be genuine.

Last edited:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Don't hold your breath !

KangerTech is actually a Chinese company that has a good reputation and good products, so Kanger don't need to clone anything from outside of China.

But buying a Kanger Mini Protank 2 for only 3 USD ... my bet that it's going to be a cheap Chinese clone of the original authentic Chinese Kanger Mini.

Last edited:

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
I'll post pics of it tomorrow after I get them. Actually I ordered 2 of each and 4 of the protanks.

I think there is some kind of code you can check on Kanger's site to see if it's authentic, but even then..I heard there are ways around it. I think you might be okay either with authentic or clone tanks..but I heard of bad experiences with fake coils...you might want to learn how to rebuild them or get Kayfun lite v2 plus, or some kind of tanks system to rebuild coils.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
How do you tell a clone from the original? Does the clone blatantly copy everything including all text on it (i.e. counterfeit) or does it say a different brand?

Use good judgment and common sense.
Only buy authentic mods from authorized retailers.
Plain and simple.
You will only get burned when you sacrifice good judgement for a better "deal"

I work within the industry and see a lot of mods.
I personally have never seen a clone sold as authentic from any vape store.

arbeee

Sep 14, 2014
Hong Kong
vapegear.jpg
Welp here it is (photo attached). The Aspire Nautilus is confirmed a counterfeit because I checked the scratch-off code with their website and it says it's been used like 2,743 times or something like that. The rest are probably fake too. Not much I can do since I'm buying it all on taobao which is the Chinese ebay. It's the only way to get the stuff same day or next day since I live in the same city as the sellers in Shenzhen, China. I don't see the "authorized dealers" in China either because all these companies are only selling their stuff to the western markets. Vaping isn't popular here. Perhaps I'll re-order all the genuine ones (well not the Vamo V5 since V6 is out) from a reputable site from the States (and, ironically, have it sent back to China) but it may take weeks or months to arrive. That said, everything seems to work fine so far. Amazing how genuine they all LOOK. They even got the laser engraved stickers on it and scratch off thing too, albeit with a code used a zillion times. Oh and the Halo juice is probably real. I paid more than the USD price for them. At least I hope so because that stuff goes in my lungs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread