New Atty Primer

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
I know I'm not the only one who hates to deal with having to burn off the primer that gets put in the new atties, this can be a pain with the Mega & eGo-T Atties as they have a ton of primer in them so I like a lot of others clean them before I use them. I have a bunch of atties that are cleaned and waiting to be re-used sitting around for days sometimes weeks. So what is my question you ask? Why do the manufacturers need to use primer in the first place? I see that when I buy new empty cartamizors they are bone dry and it doesent seem to effect the life of the unit and my atties that have been cleaned and laying around for weeks are not adversely effected by being dry. Wouldn't it be easier all for them and us to just ship the atties dry and would it not be more cost effective for them as well. Or am I just being obtuse :blush: Thanks

goodsignal

Feb 26, 2011
Brooklyn
From reading some threads, it appears that they prime it so people can just start vaping without the risk for dry burning it, which apparently can shorten the life of the tungsten coil and can singe something in there that makes everything taste burnt. I think the primer tastes like crap too; so I just drop the atty in a cup of freshly boiled water; mix it around to get rid of any air bubbles; let it sit until the water cools down a bit; shake of the water; give a light blow through; load it with juice and start vaping. After a few drags, the juice saturates, the heat evaporates all the water, and everything is hunky dory.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Water is not always an Atty's best friend especially a brand new one, for a new Atty I suggest you blow out the primer from the factory then drip some of the juice of choice you are going to run through that new Atty to ensure your wick gets soaked good so it doesnt get burnt at all. With a reg 510/901/306/801 I fill them up to the bridge with the juice I'm going to run in it and let it soak for a bit, this insures that wick is primed with that liquid and sets the Atty up for me, never do I get stuck with a burnt taste and my Atty is primed and ready to go.

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
I agree to keep it simple and simply blow out the atty. Blow from the battery side and gently push a paper towel inside (Do NOT spin). You will not believe how much liquid will come out. Do it about 3 or 4 times for the Mega and eGo-T atty's. Make sure to use a clean section of paper towel for the 3 to 4 times you blow it out. Everytime I did this, I had zero bad taste. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread