Never been a smoker, but I love vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged Orpheus

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2012
Southern Maryland
Well, I've never been a cigarette smoker, but I do enjoy the occasional cigar. I really enjoy the physical sensation of smoke/vapor rolling out of your mouth. I also have several friends that are smokers, and have managed to intrigue some of them into switching to e-cigs.

I should note that all the juice I buy is 0 nicotine, since I have no need for it.

Any other non-smokers out there that just love vaping?

mwplefty

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Chicago, IL
Well, I've never been a cigarette smoker, but I do enjoy the occasional cigar. I really enjoy the physical sensation of smoke/vapor rolling out of your mouth. I also have several friends that are smokers, and have managed to intrigue some of them into switching to e-cigs.

I should note that all the juice I buy is 0 nicotine, since I have no need for it.

I'm one of them. I enjoy the physical sensation/oral fixation as well. I also vape to curb other habits like biting my nails. One of my biggest reasons for vaping though is to help non-smokers switch to e-cigarettes. I've talked with a couple smoker friends about vaping in hopes that it would spark their interests. I vape indoors almost exclusively in order to normalize the behavior. The e-cig is perhaps the greatest invention of the 21st century, far exceeding any car, cell phone, or computer because this little device has the capability of saving up to 400,000 lives per year. I wish that this was around when my grandparents smoked because maybe two of them would still be alive today. I vape disposable e-cigs. It takes me 2 weeks to finish just one. Mine contain 1.6% nicotine.

Winged Orpheus

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2012
Southern Maryland
Yeah, it's definitely nice that I can do it indoors without worrying about smell or other nastiness. I love to vape while I'm playing video games or watching a TV show.

I also like using it in designated smoking areas, because i invariable get a lot of questions about it from smokers and I can introduce them to vaping.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Non-smoker here too. I go for zero or low-nicotine. Trying out all the flavors is what drew me to it, since I've got no stomach due to a disease. Since I can't eat, I want to at least TASTE! So I bounce around from fruity/sweet/candy flavors back to various tobacco flavors all the time.

While I'm here that reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: Does the nicotine level affect flavor? I've finally figured out that my preferred e-cig (the small, Volt-types, Halo G6, etc) don't particularly deal well with VG. As in, I can't taste it. I was wondering if upping the nicotine level would increase the flavor? Or would that just increase the throat hit? Which I could live without....never enjoyed the throat hit.

Winged Orpheus

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2012
Southern Maryland
I think the nicotine will only increase your throat hit. I know some juice vendors let you select the amount of flavor in your juice (regular/extra/double etc...). You could also try a lower resistance carto/atty to get some more kick out of the thicker juices. When I used the 3.7v devices I wasn't crazy about 3 ohm cartos but looooved the 2 ohm ones.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
vg does tend to lessen the flavor, if your a nonsmoker u dont want to up your nicotine. go with a pg base instead of vg. pg brings the flavor out more. i use my freedom smokes for a juice vendor and you can get extra flavor at a minimal extra charge :)

Non-smoker here too. I go for zero or low-nicotine. Trying out all the flavors is what drew me to it, since I've got no stomach due to a disease. Since I can't eat, I want to at least TASTE! So I bounce around from fruity/sweet/candy flavors back to various tobacco flavors all the time.

While I'm here that reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: Does the nicotine level affect flavor? I've finally figured out that my preferred e-cig (the small, Volt-types, Halo G6, etc) don't particularly deal well with VG. As in, I can't taste it. I was wondering if upping the nicotine level would increase the flavor? Or would that just increase the throat hit? Which I could live without....never enjoyed the throat hit.

hitman4274

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
south west florida
Sorry but I just don't get it most turn to vaping as a way to remove this albatross from our hands. Who would jump into this for no reason.
Why do they have oxygen bars? Hookah lounges? The social fixation?

i guess its because its a nice habit. why do people start smoking?

Peer pressure, or wanting look cool to friends. I don't know any smoker that wouldn't take back that moment if they could.

I'm no longer a smoker and I don't want to take that momment back. You only live once.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

mamma00

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2012
Texas

Well...my husband FINALLY quit smoking (thanks to vaping), so I would go with him to pick out flavors. Once I discovered they had ZERO nicotine, I had to try it. Now, I'm hooked. I love strawberries and creme. ; )

mamma00

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I appreciate that your opinion comes from a good place, a thought about the well being of others. But I gave what I thought was a pretty good reason. I had a disease called Menetrier's Disease (you can google that if you want, and it isn't mispelled, this is not "menier's disease" but something totally different. think stomach cancer) and after 2.5 years of being on Erbitux (a chemo drug, and yes that's 2.5 YEARS; I'm a patient mentioned by number in at least one medical journal) it stopped working and my choices were either wait to die, or have a total gastrectomy. I chose to have my entire stomach removed, in in place of that I have a tiny reservoir made from the upper end of my intestines. So I can eat about 4 grams of food at a time.

I became depressed. I wasn't a glutton, but I *enjoyed* food. A lot. All kinds. BBQ to sushi. Now, I can have a taste and that's about it. Vaping gives me a chance to sort of indulge in flavors again. I don't need the nicotine, and I have no issue with going days and days without vaping. But it brings me a measure of the joy I used to get from eating like a normal person. And that means a lot.

I don't mean for this to come off as a rant or an attack or even an overly verbose defense, but I'm sure it does, heh. But I'm just trying to explain my reasons. I mean no harm or disrespect. My best friend's mother just died from the effects of years of smoking, so I'm no stranger to the real harm of "the real thing."
:)

Sorry but I just don't get it most turn to vaping as a way to remove this albatross from our hands. Who would jump into this for no reason.

Winged Orpheus

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2012
Southern Maryland
I've always liked the physical act of smoking. I enjoy cigars, hookah, and other forms of tobacco that aren't cigarettes. To me, vaping is a way to get the pleasurable part of smoking with a lot less of the negative parts. I also hang out with a lot of smokers, and this gives me something to do around them without being tempted to start myself. It's a fun, enjoyable habit and I can expose more people to vaping at the same time. What's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread