Need some serious Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpettroJoe

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Carthage, Mo
I wanted to ask you all here this because it feels more like a family here then other sections.

Should I get my wife a Provari?

Second question is how I should respond to her in the future from her comments of last night.

We were in the B&M last night and i was trying some different flavors and shes on the stool next to me when the kid helping asked her if she wanted to try any and she replies I don't vape YET, I looked over at her and was like ummm (i stayed silent).
she just turned 50 this month. She would have a smoke every once in a while in late teens and early 20s but probably not more then 3 a month if that much, and hasn't smoked anything in over 25 years. I asked her if she really wanted to vape later on and she said maybe. should I talk her out of this? should I let her vape with 0 nic? should i shave my head and run around in the rain screaming?

I just really dont know what to say, ya its up to her and wouldn't really bother me if she did but could it lead to using nic? i dont know and would just like some of your thoughts on this.

If she does then I know I can get some more Provari's hehe

Third question, how long should i let juice from mount baker Vapor steep for? just got some in my VaporMail today plus a free bottle of razzleberry pie

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
That is a tough one! Sounds like she is interested and maybe wants to join you. Not sure that it would necessarily lead to using nic. I have a friend who never really smoked much but enjoys vaping and is more or less using it for weight loss. Instead of eating something sweet she will vape something sweet and says it is working for her at 0 nic.

Maybe rather than just going straight for a Provari -- you could let her try it out on another device to see if she likes it OR--go straight for the Provari in any color except pink--and if she doesn't stay with it--then you have another back up! :)

As for the MBV juices--not sure what to say here except I have some that have been steeping since late Aug. and still are not there yet. Don't know if they need more aging time or if they are as good as they will get. Maybe your flavors will age quickly to your liking!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I wanted to ask you all here this because it feels more like a family here then other sections.

Second question is how I should respond to her in the future from her comments of last night.

We were in the B&M last night and i was trying some different flavors and shes on the stool next to me when the kid helping asked her if she wanted to try any and she replies I don't vape YET, I looked over at her and was like ummm (i stayed silent).
she just turned 50 this month. She would have a smoke every once in a while in late teens and early 20s but probably not more then 3 a month if that much, and hasn't smoked anything in over 25 years. I asked her if she really wanted to vape later on and she said maybe. should I talk her out of this? should I let her vape with 0 nic? should i shave my head and run around in the rain screaming?

I just really dont know what to say, ya its up to her and wouldn't really bother me if she did but could it lead to using nic? i dont know and would just like some of your thoughts on this.

Third question, how long should i let Juice from Mount Baker Vapor steep for? just got some in my VaporMail today plus a free bottle of razzleberry pie

Let her vape???? Excuse me while I bite your ankle.

There has been lots of discussions of ECF about non-smokers vaping. There are opinions coming from all sides, and, in one instance, I had to face the fact that I was being a hypocrite, but that's another story.

If she smoked at all, she got something out of it. Perhaps just hand to mouth satisfaction, but whatever, she enjoyed it. What about smokers who started vaping with nicotine and then went down to 0mg? Shouldn't they have stopped? There is something more to it than the nicotine itself or why else would they keep vaping? If we just needed nicotine, NRTs would have worked.

I don't see why it would lead to her using nicotine, since that doesn't appear to be what she was getting out of it in the first place. Non-smokers are starting to vape for a variety of reasons, like stress relief and craving for sweets, but you also have to admit it's fun. Why should you get to play with cool unusual toys, go to B&Ms that specialize in your toys, talk to people in B&Ms who share your hobby, try nifty juice flavors, make things to hold your toys, go on ECF and make new friends...etc, and she doesn't? Maybe she wants to play too. Just think of the fun you'd have together. Of course, it might get expensive, but at least you'd be able to use her gear. Would you be happier if she started collecting designer handbags? ProVaris are cheaper.

Unless you are absolutely sure what color/LED combo she would like, I wouldn't surprise her. You could look at the ProVape site together or get her a gift certificate. You might also suggest she sign up for ECF to see what we have to say about various models. If she doesn't like it, you have another ProVari or you can sell it in the classys.

If she has expressed an interest, it's something she has thought about. She may crave a cigarette sometimes, but talk herself out of it. Hopefully, she doesn't sneak one every once and awhile. Get her a ProVari.

You don't know me well yet, but the "O" in The Ocelot stands for opinionated; in fact, they both do.

Regarding steeping MBV, I just received some myself and I'm not sure. I got some in January and hated it, but now it tastes good. I don't think steeping for 11 months is necessary in most cases.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Let her vape???? Excuse me while I bite your ankle.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been vaping 0mg nic because of a recent injury and it really IS a stress reliever. I don't know that you should actively encourage your wife to vape, but maybe have some 0mg nic juice around? And absolutely don't say "No" when she finally asks to sample. :thumb:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Thank you Ocelot, that is sort of how i was thinking but didnt really trust my judgement about being able to do vaping things with her as i would really like to.

what flavors did you get? I got 30ml bottles of Banana cream pie, Butter Pecan, Caramel Apple and the free bottle was Razzleberry Pie, all are 12 nic.

The ones that had to steep for 11 months were butter cream, sweet cream and whipped cream. I bought them for an experiment and found them all too harsh. Now that I know better, I think the nic level I ordered was too high. I also got candy cane, but I think I let it steep because I was mad at the other bottle. The creams are now tolerable, but I'm sure the nic level is too high, so I may order them again a bit lower. The candy cane I turned out to like mixed with another juice, so I ordered more of that.

My recent order was:

Candy Cane - 12mg 80pg/20vg
Moo Juice - 12mg 65pg/35vg
Hawk Sauce -12mg 65pg/35vg
Blackberry - 12mg 65pg/35vg

They were all born on Nov. 6th, so I should try them. I'll let you know.

ETA: I didn't get a free bottle, although my order was high enough. Did you have to ask for it?

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
You're supposed to get a freebie if you spend over $15.00 excluding tax and shipping. So you should have got a free bottle. It's not like a sample or gift, it's stated on their website. I usually put into the comments the nic level and a general flavor, like any coffee flavor, else you might get a bottle of bacon juice. You can email or use their online help and let them know you didn't get your freebie. What they usually do is have you request it on your next order. Kind of sucks but saves them postage.

The ones that had to steep for 11 months were butter cream, sweet cream and whipped cream. I bought them for an experiment and found them all too harsh. Now that I know better, I think the nic level I ordered was too high. I also got candy cane, but I think I let it steep because I was mad at the other bottle. The creams are now tolerable, but I'm sure the nic level is too high, so I may order them again a bit lower. The candy cane I turned out to like mixed with another juice, so I ordered more of that.

My recent order was:

Candy Cane - 12mg 80pg/20vg
Moo Juice - 12mg 65pg/35vg
Hawk Sauce -12mg 65pg/35vg
Blackberry - 12mg 65pg/35vg

They were all born on Nov. 6th, so I should try them. I'll let you know.

ETA: I didn't get a free bottle, although my order was high enough. Did you have to ask for it?

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California

Third question, how long should i let Juice from Mount Baker Vapor steep for? just got some in my VaporMail today plus a free bottle of razzleberry pie

Wow, " Let her Vape ". I'm sure she has a mind of her own.

I think you should let her do what she wants to do. Since she's not a smoker it's a different ballpark in the New World!

Check out the Itaste VV3, she might prefer a more ego-like unit and that has a flat voltage output like the Provari.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Here's the thing... If Nicotine is indeed the drug we are addicted to, is it the additive from smoking that is killing us? Or is that the carbon monoxide, tar, and the thousand other burning carcinogens destroying our bodies?

Vaping on its own, IMO, is no more harmful than drinking tea, soda, or any other caffeinated beverage. After all, Nicotine and Caffeine aren't all that different from each other... We drink soda and coffee all day every day.

Now, if you were a minor child and wanted to vape, or even a young adult, I would advise against it... But honestly, at 50 it's her choice to make. She may be more than satisfied with a 0 nic juice, but I seriously don't think a small amount of nicotine is really all that harmful at all. IMO it gives the juice a bit more punch, and adds a bit of TH... The 0 nic juices are way too smooth for me...

Since I have started vaping I have gone from effectively zero exercise, and now I am running 20+ miles per week, and riding my bike 150 miles per week. I NEVER would have been able to do that while I was a smoker. I'm convinced that whatever bad things were going into my body are mostly gone now, and I attribute that to my switch from smoking to vaping.

blah blah, yada yada... If she wants to vape, don't get in her way... Happy wife = happy life!

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Vaping on its own, IMO, is no more harmful than drinking tea, soda, or any other caffeinated beverage. After all, Nicotine and Caffeine aren't all that different from each other... We drink soda and coffee all day every day.

If ONLY all the people who wanted to ban "e-cigs" would realize this!

Sorry for the tangent...carry on, please! :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread