Need some recommendations for a Sweet Menthol juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ams30gts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Los Angeles
I purchased a bunch of flavors from TPA and just can't get the combo right for a nice Sweet Menthol. I usually mix 2/3 ProThol and 1/3 Menthol Burst and it is pretty awesome. Nice cold throat feeling and has a good sweet taste to it. Trying to replicate something similar to it, but a little more sweet.

Note that I am making a 0 nic juice.

Here are the flavors I have here right now. All are from TPA

Menthol (Menthol crystals crushed then diluted in pg. 2/3 crushed crystals and rest pg)
Wintergreen
Spearmint
Peppermint
Creme de Menthe
Koolada
Cotton Candy

Here are the recipes I have tried so far and didn't really like any of them

70/30 PG/VG, 17% Flavor
5% Spearmint
3% Wintergreen
3% Menthol
3% Koolada
3% Cotton Candy

70/30 PG/VG, 20% Flavor
10% Creme de Menthe
10% Peppermint

50/50 PG/VG, 21% Flavor (This one got closer, but need to adjust to 4-5% Koolada and needs to be sweeter)
6% Menthol
6% Koolada
1% Spearmint
2% Peppermint
6% Cotton Candy

60/40 PG/VG, 25% Flavor (way too much Koolada, it's like a cough drop cold)
10% Menthol
10% Koolada
5% Peppermint

40/60 PG/VG, 19% Flavor
3% Menthol
3% Koolada
1% Spearmint
1% Wintergreen
11% Cotton Candy

50/50 PG/VG, 10% Flavor
10% Menthol

Last edited:

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
70/30 PG/VG, 17% Flavor
5% Spearmint
3% Wintergreen
3% Menthol
3% Koolada
3% Cotton Candy

I would eliminate the Wintergreen from this recipe. Also, you can add Menthol at 2%-3% to almost any 15% fruit recipe and have an excellent hitting Menthol vape.
You might eliminate the Spearmint to from your recipe for a plain Menthol taste.
menthol vapes don't have to be very complex mixtures. menthol can easily overpower almost any mixture.

Last edited:

ams30gts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Los Angeles
Is Prothol a slightly sweet, good tasting menthol? I've bought like 6 menthol tobacco liquids/flavors and 2 pure menthol flavors, and only 1 is any good! The reast are either bitter, or they have a medicine aftertaste.

It's pretty good. For me though it is a little weak in taste. I like a pretty big cold burst, just like smoking a menthol analog.

When I started vaping a couple months ago, I looked up the most popular menthol juices. Top 3 in no order was Volcano Menthol Burst, Vaporcast ProThol and Halo Menthol Ice.

ProThol wasn't strong enough for me and Menthol Burst was way too strong, so I mixed the 2 and found what I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread