Need recommendations on a Tube Mod with good threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Ok so I started with a Vamo 2 and after about a year the threads stripped on the 510 connection. Sooo stupid me got a Vamo 3 thinking it might be better and even though I used a airflow controller the threads are starting to strip on this one too! At least with this one I can use the ego threading.

I was looking at the smoktech SID or something like that. I already have an MVP 2 but would like a good tube mod also. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
What type of Vamos did you have? The chrome and gunmetal are plated brass, which is quite a bit softer than stainless steel, and can strip much easier. If you had the stainless models I'd be really shocked that the threads stripped.

the SID is aluminum I believe, which depending on the alloy is going to be just as weak, or just slightly stronger. You want something with stainless steel threads. The stainless zmaxes have stainless threads/top caps, obviously the stainless vamos do, just look around for stainless mods, and they will likely have steel threads.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
if you can strip a provari head you will probably be the first ever to do so. the whole head is milled from one solid piece of stainless steel nothing is pressfit. there are countless threads bout people dropping the provari and having the 510 of the device snap off inside the head with no damage. many of the better mods have better designed heads.

nothing against the vamo itself but you cant really expect superior machining on something that costs 25 bucks retail.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
^^ The devices themselves are SS, but the 510/eGo connectors are still plated brass...

Ah that would explain it then, what a shame, after getting rid of my gunmetal one I planned to pick up a stainless version eventually, but now I'm thinking otherwise if they don't even use stainless caps, how cheap! ;) Thanks for the heads up.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
My experiences from mech mod world.

Chemesis and bagua clone SS 510 threads held up great even though they were cut on loose side.

Omega clone tube mod brass 510 threads still work great but I can see they are wearing down after many miles.

All above mods have quirks and required tinkering.

Still looking for that $20 to $60ish vaping bliss mod w/o any quirks.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
My experiences from mech mod world.

Chemesis and bagua clone SS 510 threads held up great even though they were cut on loose side.

Omega clone tube mod brass 510 threads still work great but I can see they are wearing down after many miles.

All above mods have quirks and required tinkering.

Still looking for that $20 to $60ish vaping bliss mod w/o any quirks.

The EH Pro Maraxus may be worth a look for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread