Status
Not open for further replies.

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
OK.I currently have a riva 510lr..Like it alot,it was the first I bought after reading here for a week,but I missed the BFMod's..If only I could go back in time,but alas,I cannot..

I will be able to talk the wife into 1,,read 1 $100+ bfmod....ANd it will be my christmas present..The reo mini,and the phidias are the 2 I am currently salivating over..

I drive for a living,and need one that is shirt pocket friendly..that I can just bust out and work..AND I KNOW THEY BOTH DO...:p

I also want to use it at home..I have cart modded myself into a depression which only a BFM can extract me from..I have a decent cart mod going now,but A BFM to me,is the only way to go...

I was a 30 year PAD smoker,and have been clean for 48 days..I just think if I get a BFM it will be totally enough to put me over the edge of NEVER wanting a cig again as it will be a clean system.No more paper towels,tweasers,carrying "JUGS" of juice..and CARTS laying all over my desk in different modes of modding...AND I will be able to sell the riva to someone around here who needs to quit smoking,maybe even be so happy as to give it to them....

T/Y for any and all opinions..
Kevin

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
For 40 bucks more you can get an Ali'i.. just sayin..

I have a Phidias Feedimus that is very nice, but I prefer the feed system on the Ali'i. If the REO and Woody are your only options.. well I haven't tried a REO, but all the reviews can't be wrong. The Woody is great, takes a bit of time to get used to the feed system. So I don't know man..Both are proven great mods.

But i'd recommend the Ali'i for sure.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
For 40 bucks more you can get an Ali'i.. just sayin..

But i'd recommend the Ali'i for sure.

+1
I'm sure the other bottom feed mods are great... and I haven't personally tried any of them.

However, be sure to read the RNR Manufacturing thread on the Ali'i. Seems to be almost unanimous in glowing praise!

You can also view YouTube reviews of the Ali'i.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

(I'm with you on being tired of paper towels, spare batteries, etc. etc. Just tonight, my eGo, which I use by dripping, left a nice, big wet spot on my dress shirt, when I put it in my shirt pocket and didn't realise that there was surplus juice still in the atty!)

Full disclosure: I have an Ali'i on order...so I'm sure I'm prejudiced towards it!

Good luck, and happy vaping!

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Being a WetBox owner, here's what I have to offer:

Bottom feeding is AWESOME...especially in the car. If you want beautifully crafted devices, look at the Ali'i or Feedimus. If you want something that looks like it will take a beating, the Reo is probably for you. Being that the new mini-Reo and upcoming Reo Grand are made of aluminum and are 100% mechanical, you should have no issues with durability or failure during the life of the device.

Now, I would never discourage you from going with one of the RNR mods or the Feedimus, because they are works of art, but, you are talking about wooden mods, and that, in my eyes, is the difference maker.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Yea personal preference is the other factor. Some people prefer metal, some wood.

Being a WetBox owner, here's what I have to offer:

Bottom feeding is AWESOME...especially in the car. If you want beautifully crafted devices, look at the Ali'i or Feedimus. If you want something that looks like it will take a beating, the Reo is probably for you. Being that the new mini-Reo and upcoming Reo Grand are made of aluminum and are 100% mechanical, you should have no issues with durability or failure during the life of the device.

Now, I would never discourage you from going with one of the RNR mods or the Feedimus, because they are works of art, but, you are talking about wooden mods, and that, in my eyes, is the difference maker.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
I would recommend the Reo because I use it. I love the wood mods but, I know I would drop it and break it. The mini Reo is very sturdy and would break my tile floor before the tile breaks it. Yes, my vaping sanity is more important than my ugly tile floor LOL. If you are on the road all the time you might consider the Grande Reo that is coming out in about 10 days. It will hold a larger battery and 6ml of juice instead of 3. I am a heavy vaper and the Reo mini is great for a normal vaper. I need lots of battery and juice. It might be good for someone on the road all the time as well.
The Ali'i is very nice to , I know someone who has one and is very happy with it. If I was not able to get a Reo I would have definitely gotten an Ali''.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I would recommend the Reo because I use it. I love the wood mods but, I know I would drop it and break it. The mini Reo is very sturdy and would break my tile floor before the tile breaks it. Yes, my vaping sanity is more important than my ugly tile floor LOL. If you are on the road all the time you might consider the Grande Reo that is coming out in about 10 days. It will hold a larger battery and 6ml of juice instead of 3. I am a heavy vaper and the Reo mini is great for a normal vaper. I need lots of battery and juice. It might be good for someone on the road all the time as well.
The Ali'i is very nice to , I know someone who has one and is very happy with it. If I was not able to get a Reo I would have definitely gotten an Ali''.

I concur. Wood mods are beautiful...but I need the durability! I'm a bit of a klutz.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I have a wood REO, 2 REO Minis, and 2 Phidias mods. They all perform flawlessly, and I would not choose one over the other, but, if your looking for a "long-distance" mod, I would select one with the 18650 battery and a 6ml bottle. This setup will give you 2 days of hassle free vaping. I can only get a day or day and a half out of a 3ml bottle, and about the same time out of the 14500 battery. Hell, just do what I did and get them all!

Yellowman1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Seattle
I just purchased my 2nd phidias from Fono and I have been waiting for a month for my Ali'i to be delivered. I love and I mean Love the Phidias. It produces a quality vape that I haven't exp in any other mod I have tried. It is pocket friendly. I use mine everyday and keep it in my pocket. Fono provides you with a little wafer that you just slip in between the battery and the positive terminal. It takes about 3 seconds and everything on that PV can be done with one hand. I have never had an issue with leakage while it was in my pocket...ever. Not to mention the woodworking on the phidias is unsurpassed. The ali'i is beautiful but the woodworking is not on the same level. I have had numerous people say that and they are people who have worked with wood there whole lives. like I said I bought and am currently waiting for an ali'i. I think it is a great mod but my phidias is imo my best purchase. If you ever have an issue or need any advice, Fo, the creator of the Phidias, is with you every step of the way and provides customer service like I have not experienced cept for Isaac from Ikenvapes or Bruce from Clouds of Vapor. They are the trinity in customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread