Need new tank setup for joye eGo mega twist plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjstech

Oct 27, 2016
Hey everyone, consider my wife and I sort of semi-noobs but I'm trying to find a good tank setup for our eGo mega twist plus batteries. Currently we're using Kanger pro tank 2 with the single coil design. I have been rebuilding these coils with kanthal and cotton for many months but we are just fed up with the leaking issue. juice leaks all over the battery in time and it constantly spits. It's very high maintenance to disassemble and clean the coil. I read in another forum that many people installed two of the rubber "cups", one upside down so that it covers the middle air shaft. However this only prolongs the issue.

I wrap the .28 gauge wire 6 turns around an unfolded paper clip and it's usually around 2 - 2.3 ohms. Needless to say we can't really jack up the power without a burnt taste but that's ok, it shows there's plenty of headroom to move up with this battery. I'm ok with trying sub ohm coils and tanks if this battery can support it. Anyone have good recommendations? I'm looking for something that holds a good amount of juice, fires nice and warm, smooth lung hit. My wife uses this to keep off of cigarettes and she usually sticks with menthol ejuice because that's what she smoked before.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Would consider a whole new setup. I don't think I'm ready for full blown RDA, well I could handle it but the wife needs something easy, reliable and satisfying.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Kjstech this thread here in link -https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/ego-one-tank-series-%E2%80%93-clr-coil.697218/page-76

Talks about the ego one and clr coil which is rebuildable.I use the ego one mega v2 tank .
It is a bottom fill tank that holds 4 ml and is 22mm in diameter.
The clr rebuildable atomizer comes in .5 and 1ohm but can easily be rebuilt to the ohm you mentioned.

They do not leak if one simply flushes every other tank full by simply unscrewing coil head from base run water thru it and out the airholes then tissue dry.
See with bottom fill tanks un burnt eliqud from the coil when fired will flow down thru the coil heads positive
pin hole into the afc chamber.

If one just keeps filling the tank and vaping eventually e-liquid collects in the base and will eventually it
starst coming out the air flow holes,
So every couple of tank fills i flush out the base and it never ever leaks for me never !

In that link i posted go to page 76 and you can see the ego tanks the clr head fits into.
They range in size from 1.8 capacity of eliquid up to 4 ml of eliquid and tanks are either
19 or 22 mm diameter the smaller capacity tanks being the smaller diameter tank of course.

Kjstech

Oct 27, 2016
Thanks everyone. I did originally post this with Tapatalk on iPhone and did not notice there was a special category for tanks. I have been lurking a lot in there and reading other threads. Were going to try the innokin isub v 5ml. I did order it with a few different coil types to experiment with. standard kanthal .5 ohm, .5 ohm Clapton and kanthal 2.0 ohm. The battery we are using is the ego mega twist which is adjustable up to 30W. I did see some posts and instructions where people rebuilt these types of coils, and I also see innokin sells a rebuild-able coil called iSub RBA which is a little more than a coil but the fact you can rebuild it much more easily than snapping apart the prebuilt coils. Once we find what we like (clapton, kanthal, stainless) and what ohm rating feels good, I'll consider the RBA. I will be curious to see how long the prebuilt coils last.

One thing leads to another though... I could surely see getting hooked into going bigger as time goes on, like 100 watt or more mod, going deeper into RBA, etc... First thing was ease of use and reliability for the wife, but then you get used to it and want to explore. Great community here, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread