Not open for further replies.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Ok, so for some reason, I went onto GoodPhophets website. Someone posted that they were having really good deals on drip tips and cartomizers so I decided to get some. 99¢ for drip tips is a great deal, so why not.

Anyway, before I knew it, I was purchasing DIY juice since that was on sale too. I have heard a little about it and tried to research, however on this subject, everything seems to be very confusing. I know all the risks of nicotine, and can handle that, I'm just not sure about mixing flavors to get the right results. I generally vape 70%pg/30%vg at 6-10mg of nic

I want to keep it as simple as possible to begin. So heres what I would like to know. What is the difference between all of these different company flavorings? I've seen lorann, flavorart, tpa. Whats the difference? Is there one that I should use? Whats the easiest that requires the least amount of steeping? Second, if I want to have more than just one flavor, how do I know how much of each I should add, is it just trial and error? Also, what is the best and cheapest place to get flavoring? Here is what I bought, other than flavoring, what else do I need?

120ml of 36mg PG base - it was $8.99
120ml of VG base (no nic) - it was $4.99
120ml of PG base (no nic) - it was $4.99
30 ml of TPA juicy fruit bubble gum flavor - $5
30ml of TPA Hawaiian Punch $5
30 ml of sucralose sweetner $5
a few 5 ml and 10ml empties.

Is there anything else I need? I already have syringes and gloves.

This all started because I saw the juicy fruit flavor. I have some joosey fruit ejuice from Kick Bass Vapors and wanted to add some more flavor. Now I think i'm over my head.

Also, I saw alot of the flavors that I have been ordering from companies like vapedudes. I am right in assuming all I need to do is mix that flavor with the correct amount of base?

YorkieGirl1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
The best advice I can give is to read as much as you can under DIY. Start with the stickies first. Youll need a calculator downloaded too which is a huge help (you can do it via simple math - but using the calculators on here, makes it so much easier). It looks like you have the basics to start a juice or two. If you are trying to achieve a 36mg nic juice, then yes you are correct - you would add the flavoring to the base (Loranns is typically 20%, Flavorart is typically 10%) - start low and add drops by 2 while tasting until you get the flavor you are looking for. I only use 1% or less of sweetner at the most - you can always add more, but taking away is difficult. I also have found Loranns to need less steep time than FlavorArt --Good Luck - its a very addictive hobby =)

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
The best advice I can give is to read as much as you can under DIY. Start with the stickies first. Youll need a calculator downloaded too which is a huge help (you can do it via simple math - but using the calculators on here, makes it so much easier). It looks like you have the basics to start a juice or two. If you are trying to achieve a 36mg nic juice, then yes you are correct - you would add the flavoring to the base (Loranns is typically 20%, Flavorart is typically 10%) - start low and add drops by 2 while tasting until you get the flavor you are looking for. I only use 1% or less of sweetner at the most - you can always add more, but taking away is difficult. I also have found Loranns to need less steep time than FlavorArt --Good Luck - its a very addictive hobby =)

Ok, I downloaded the ejuice calculator on my iPad, I see that helps. I bought tpa flavor, but only 2 of them. Do you recommend loranns?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Besides da stickies up top, I highly recommend HOOSIER"S BLOG! You'll thank him and me at some future point...
thumbsup.gif

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I also advise reading as much as you can before starting. Using 36 mg unflavored to start with is smart. Its gonna get messy, no matter what, in the beginning. Learn the ropes before going to higher nic.

I only use graduate syringes, but then I'm only making 30 mL of a juice at most. More than that and cylinders might be a help. I use glass bottles with eurodroppers for as many of my liquids as I can. They protect against any spilling from tipping a bottle over (will happen), and they allow for syringe dispensing. Fast, safe, accurate, and easy.

Everyone has their own opinions about particular flavors and companies. I happen to favor TPA and Capellas...although some Capellas can make me cough. I find Capellas tend to be fuller and sweeter in flavor, TPA lighter in general. Some Loranns are good too. I like their Naturals line, since they don't use PG.

%s are subjective. If you don't have issues with PG (like a lot of drying and chapness), then you can push to higher %s. I cannot do a lot of PG, so I use 10% flavor max, often only 5%. Most flavors are PG solutions.

Warning: most flavors you buy might smell great, and taste great at first in a juice, but they become less pleasant over time. I would say I have about a 10% success rate with various flavors. Most just sit unused. Some make me cough, so I don't use them. Some just get annoying over time, or give me a headache (peach does this to me). But flavors are pretty cheap, so get a bunch. You never know what you will really like!

Before you try complicated recipes, I recommend making a 5-10% 3-mL test batch of individual flavors and see how they are on their own. Then, if they don't cause mouth or stomach problems (some do) start playing with combos. Or not. Most of mine are single flavors I just like and can tolerate.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I also advise reading as much as you can before starting. Using 36 mg unflavored to start with is smart. Its gonna get messy, no matter what, in the beginning. Learn the ropes before going to higher nic.

I only use graduate syringes, but then I'm only making 30 mL of a juice at most. More than that and cylinders might be a help. I use glass bottles with eurodroppers for as many of my liquids as I can. They protect against any spilling from tipping a bottle over (will happen), and they allow for syringe dispensing. Fast, safe, accurate, and easy.

Everyone has their own opinions about particular flavors and companies. I happen to favor TPA and Capellas...although some Capellas can make me cough. I find Capellas tend to be fuller and sweeter in flavor, TPA lighter in general. Some Loranns are good too. I like their Naturals line, since they don't use PG.

%s are subjective. If you don't have issues with PG (like a lot of drying and chapness), then you can push to higher %s. I cannot do a lot of PG, so I use 10% flavor max, often only 5%. Most flavors are PG solutions.

Warning: most flavors you buy might smell great, and taste great at first in a juice, but they become less pleasant over time. I would say I have about a 10% success rate with various flavors. Most just sit unused. Some make me cough, so I don't use them. Some just get annoying over time, or give me a headache (peach does this to me). But flavors are pretty cheap, so get a bunch. You never know what you will really like!

Before you try complicated recipes, I recommend making a 5-10% 3-mL test batch of individual flavors and see how they are on their own. Then, if they don't cause mouth or stomach problems (some do) start playing with combos. Or not. Most of mine are single flavors I just like and can tolerate.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up canceling the order I placed with goodprophets because I found out I live around the corner from wizard labs. Their prices were super cheap so I ended up buying a lot. $5 for 240ml of pg, $8 for 60ml of 36mg nic base and just $1.49 for 8ml bottles of concentrated tpa flavoring.

I bought a bunch of bottles, syringes, a couple of graduated cylinders and about 20 different flavors.

I figure I will make a couple of simple 1 flavor juices and then try mixing them after i them to where I like.

Can anyone tell me if I need to add "cotton candy" flavor as sweeter to every flavor or just if it's not sweet enough? I want mostly sweet juices, like grape, spearmint, bubblegum, vanilla cake. How much of that sweeter do you add, I heard it was like 1 drop per 5ml

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread