need help with reo grand lp

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0t1c3r

Mar 15, 2011
USA
ive been using my eBaron dripper atomizer on my 3 yr old grand for months now with no problem. i bought a new reo grand LP and when i screw down the atty down my new reo shorts out and spring collapses. i had couple of spare springs and after i installed the second spring then pressed the fire button it shorted out again, collapsing the spring once again. now after the 3rd battery spring i reinstalled the atty and stopped turning after the lightest resistance and hit the fire button and seems to work just fine. but now theres a 2mm gap at between atty and 510 connector. it puzzles me cause on my original grand i screw atty all the way down and everything works great, with no gap at all. any ideas? thanks.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Could you post a pic of the 510 connection on the e-baron dripper.

New 510 connectors on the REOs tend to work themselves a little lower over time with attys going on and off.

Still to get one to short it normally takes some serious cranking .... or the atty has a wonky pos pin.

I imagine the 3y old one has compressed down as far as it will go ...... but the new connector will take some time.

When I get a new one I go easy on it and notice each time I take an atty off and on it will turn just a little farther.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
I agree with Tim and Rob, I googled the eBaron a bit and from what I can see it has one of those long(ish) early ERA type 510's...it tends to stand proud on a lot of mods and leave a gap so I doubt it's the Grand causing the issue...it was built with the provari in mind which does have one of the most forgiving 510's

one other issue...as I watched Pbusardo mangle another build (;)) I saw how you press that ceramic cup down onto the center pin (which is probably threaded not pressed)...you may have forced the whole center pin/insulator out after doing that a few times...try taking apart your build, remove the ceramic then put it back together again (no ceramic), stand it on a piece of wood (510 connector down) and tap the top with another piece of wood (don't beat it, lol) and see if the center pin/insulator gets driven in and sits more flush with the outer threaded edge.

Tip: if what you've done shorts and collapses the spring, meter it out and find the problem , don't just put another spring in and do it again?, and again??? Robs springs do a pretty good job but that's a lot of stress on the other components...just saying

n0t1c3r

Mar 15, 2011
USA
this is the atty

eBaron.jpg

n0t1c3r

Mar 15, 2011
USA
I agree with Tim and Rob, I googled the eBaron a bit and from what I can see it has one of those long(ish) early ERA type 510's...it tends to stand proud on a lot of mods and leave a gap so I doubt it's the Grand causing the issue...it was built with the provari in mind which does have one of the most forgiving 510's

one other issue...as I watched Pbusardo mangle another build (;)) I saw how you press that ceramic cup down onto the center pin (which is probably threaded not pressed)...you may have forced the whole center pin/insulator out after doing that a few times...try taking apart your build, remove the ceramic then put it back together again (no ceramic), stand it on a piece of wood (510 connector down) and tap the top with another piece of wood (don't beat it, lol) and see if the center pin/insulator gets driven in and sits more flush with the outer threaded edge.

Tip: if what you've done shorts and collapses the spring, meter it out and find the problem , don't just put another spring in and do it again?, and again??? Robs springs do a pretty good job but that's a lot of stress on the other components...just saying

the eBaron Pro dripper is meant for the provari, im using the spiral dripper which is a great atty. ive been using it with my 3yr old grand fine with no leaks no shorts. center pin on atty is fine, proper amount of reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread