Need Help with Nes box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Hi I recently got into vaping and saw a NES Controller Mod and thought it looked awesome but I’m quite poor at the moment so I decided I would make one (yes I know how unoriginal nm)(FYR is this posted in the right place)

While I’ve done a bit of soldering here and there I really lack knowledge when it comes to batteries and most other things vaping related.

Firstly what chip to get the obvious choice would be a DNA 40 however I can’t find any cheap clone chips and the really deal cost too much. IF anyone knew where I could get a Kangxin DNA 40 chip that would be amazing.

The next choice on my list would be the DNA 30 however same issue and I also really would like at least 35W even though I rarely go that high 30w just seems a tad little

See that both these options were not great I started looking at YiHicigar chips and found the SX330 V1. This is a nice looking chip the screen looks like it would fit the traditional Nes screen position between the buttons, I assume I could just remove the on board buttons and wire up some new one like a DNA and the price is okish. The only other issue is the length of the board it looks a fair bit longer than even a DNA 30. Going of the screen both claim to be 0.96in screens making it almost x3 the length thus to long. Has anyone tried to put this in a DNA maybe I could go behind the buttons??

YiHiEcigar SX330 V1 35W link

$29.26 - Authentic YiHiEcigar SX330 V1 35W New Vapor Chip - Cigabuy

Look around on Cigabuy I also saw to really cheap hana style clones

Hana Modz DNA30 Clone Variable Wattage APV Mod - CigaBuy.com

Hana Modz DNA50 Clone Variable Wattage APV Mod - CigaBuy.com

It occurred to me that I could just use the chip out of one of these and seeing that it comes all prewired up I would end up saving myself some work off course I would have to replace the buttons and probably the 510 but that’s all. The only risk is that it is all glued in and impossible to remove or the board is massive? Is transplant the innards of a cheap clone a terrible idea or will it work? This currently is probably my preferred choice as I get 50W and a 0.3ohm min what do you guys think!

Lastly Batteries this is a hard one firstly I really do not know whether all these batteries are compatible with all the chips I just mentioned especially the 50w one. When I looked at Littup custom mods the known Seller of the NES Mod Box they state that they have a “2000 mAh 15c lithium-polymer battery pack” (when they say 15c I assume that mean 15amp continuous current.) to power a DNA 40 I’ve been told to get 20amp + batteries but I assume its alright if these guys do it. I also assume there are using 2x these batteries in Parallel… I have seen other people use these batteries as well which make me confident

Turnigy nano-tech 1000mah 1S 15C Round Cell

another option although I doubt it would fit would be 20c 7.4v

Turnigy nano-tech 1500mAh 2S 20-40C Lipo AIRSOFT Pack

or

Turnigy nano-tech 1500mAh 2S 20-40C Lipo AIRSOFT Pack

These 20c rated batteries just seem a little too big does anyone know if these would fit or have a better option?

The current dims I have for the Nes controller are

Width. - 17mm
Length - 125mm
Height - 55mm

I’m not sure if they are that accurate I assume the case is 1.2mm thick or so

I assume the chip will take up 25mm? So this might fit what do you guys think are these anyone tried this also these are 7.4V batteries v’s the 3.4V of the 1000mah round cell batteries. Also I sort off understand the safety issues with these batteries (ie never over charge, never drain flat, never damage ect) is there a safer option that I could fit into such a small enclosure and still get a decent battery life??

So many questions any help would be great!! Sorry for the Massive post! Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread