Need help: Vamo turns off/dies when fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domcap

Nov 27, 2012
Austin tx
Hi i have only had this vamo for about 2 weeks and it is already not working. this is my second vamo and I am sick of them breaking. I just wanted to know if any of you have heard of this happening. When I turn on my vamo (it sometimes won't even turn on) it can display the voltage, ohms of atty, and everything else. As soon as i go to fire the device and hit the button, the device just turns off. (it is not the common problem the vamo's have with the center pin, also is not my batteries due to being at different level's of charge and they worked in another mod.) i would greatly appreciate the help.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    As said not enough inf?
    Only use IRM 18650 or IRM 18350.
    What reading on ohms just before shut down?
    Have you tryed changeing the coil/wick?

When vamo shuts down its a sign of a weak battery!

I remember This use to happen to me, I use flat top batteries 18650, Try this.
    Which version do you have earlyer versions had a spring problem.
    I use a small nut 1/4 inch screw between the spring and bottom of battery.

Domcap

Nov 27, 2012
    Austin tx
    the spring is the thick brass spring, and not the little skinny one. the battery is nice and snug in there, with no rattle room at all. i have flat top 350's and button 650 and neither work correctly in my vamo. It wasn't a gradual thing either, one day it just happened which makes me believe it is not the batteries themselves, because on of the batteries had just been charged and the other had been charged a week earlier and was at about half battery.

wecanslide

Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2013
    Daegu, South Korea
    I'm in the same position as you...mine shuts off after blinking a few times and displays "O2" on the screen. I've search a bit through the forums to see if anyone else has had this problem and came up shorts. It happen regardless of what I have attached to it or batteries in it. I had mine for about three weeks before it happened.

pdxtechdoctor

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 16, 2013
    pdxtechdoctor
    I would seriously do the ohm fix just in case,.. It's cheap and easy.. Mine had issue after using a nova clone.. Everything worked but it wouldn't fire. I haven't replaced the gasket yet, but I did see on a thread on a UK forum that talked about the ohm fix and they actually pulled the entire pin assembly out to replace the gasket.. There is about an inch or 1.5 inch of extra wire connecting that center pin.. I pull mine all the way out and then pulled the existing gasket out and it is only partially damaged.. Put it around the center pin and reinserted it half way and then screwed an RBA on.. works fine, but I know I'm going to need to replace it soon...

Could find the UK thread I saw, but I did find a pic that shows the pin pulled out so you can see how much extra wire there is...

CameraZOOM-20130313223653570.jpg
    +

nahoku

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I'm in the same position as you...mine shuts off after blinking a few times and displays "O2" on the screen. I've search a bit through the forums to see if anyone else has had this problem and came up shorts. It happen regardless of what I have attached to it or batteries in it. I had mine for about three weeks before it happened.

it doesn't matter what ohm it is at, it doesn't change what it does. it is not below or above the "safe" ohms to run. I am using an aw imr 650 and 350. and yes i can click the fire button when nothing is attached and it works. i think something may be shorting out.

You both probably screwed in your atomizers too tightly, thereby crushing the insulator and shorting the positive pin to ground. Do the ohm's fix like pdxtechdoctor suggested, or at least check out the gasket.

randomname79

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 16, 2013
    bolton ontario
    I had the same problem, I popped off the top cap and the black wire was left a little long when it was soldiered, snipped it off and resoldiered and I'm two weeks running perfect. The issue is sort of like a high resistance short. There's not enough current to bridge the gap until you fire it.

Domcap

Nov 27, 2012
    Austin tx
    I had the same problem, I popped off the top cap and the black wire was left a little long when it was soldiered, snipped it off and resoldiered and I'm two weeks running perfect. The issue is sort of like a high resistance short. There's not enough current to bridge the gap until you fire it.

thank you for your suggestion. that could be the problem because the black wire does seem a bit long. i don't have a soldering kit at the moment though. when i get one i will try that. thanks for the good info.

to the other two people above andrew... I told you that i knew it wasn't the center pin issue. i have already replaced the gasket and it isn't working. I know for a fact it isn't the center pin, WHICH IS WHY IN THE DESCRIPTION I SAID I KNOW IT WASN'T THE CENTER PIN. thanks for trying to share your worthless knowledge.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    thank you for your suggestion. that could be the problem because the black wire does seem a bit long. i don't have a soldering kit at the moment though. when i get one i will try that. thanks for the good info.

to the other two people above andrew... I told you that i knew it wasn't the center pin issue. i have already replaced the gasket and it isn't working. I know for a fact it isn't the center pin, WHICH IS WHY IN THE DESCRIPTION I SAID I KNOW IT WASN'T THE CENTER PIN. thanks for trying to share your worthless knowledge.

That's nice of you! I hope you feel proud now! :nah:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread