Need help understanding my v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_c

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Washington
Hey everyone so I just got my brand new v5. I have dual coil 1.8ohm Aspire bdc tanks and protank two tanks with single coil1.8ohm heads. I am using heather's heavenly vapes juice and I am wondering first of all if I should use watts or volts. Also I am wondering ways to make it taste better because I had it set at 6.5 watts with the aspire tank and it was tasting like burnt minty wood with my vanilla blade liquid from hhv. This is my first vv/vw device so I'm trying to get just a really broken down basic understanding of the device so that I don't burn coil heads because they aren't cheap and I also want a good tasting flavor and not this burnt flavor. Any help would be great.

Last edited:

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
Usually you can just let them sit after filling for 5 - 10 minutes then do a few dry pulls. Priming them just means getting liquid into the coil. The easiest way to do it is to take the tank off your mod/battery, plug the bottom and do a few pulls. If you see little air bubbles coming out of the holes in the coil then it wasn't primed.

I'll usually do that + let them soak. I find that the BDC's don't prime as easily as say Kanger coils because it's like a cartomizer.

Oh and don't worry about burning up the coil... They can take it. I pulse mine at 15 watts for dry burning.

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
I too am a new VAMO V5 owner. I purchased one to back up my Provari and got it last week. I have not been disappointed; I have, however, been confused. Today I started experimenting with the watts setting in RMS mode. I think I am beginning to understand why people like the variable wattage. Apparently different supply systems, flavors of e-liquids, and different PG/VG ratio e-liquids can be "tweaked" to the user's preference using RMS/Watts. I will continue to experiment with my new Mod.

I must say these things: I am in no way disappointed with my V5. I DO like the fact, that even though it will not fire a supply device under 1.2 ohms, it WILL read sub ohms! I have an IGO W, at .9 ohms, that I drip to on a mech mod. I can't use it on the V5. I CAN, however, put it on my V5 and get an accurate sub-ohm reading. I find this function invaluable and desirable.

I finally, must say, to make my post official: CAW! :2cool:

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
@Daniel_c

Your Vamo if you have not already done it you are operating in AVG/Mean mode. The correct operating mode is RMS.
Press and hold the Left (-) button for 10 sec. Note: at 3 sec you will see the battery voltage. Continue to hold the button

Ref PBusardo video 17 minutes in (the entire video is 35 minutes long)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLO3PTUek2o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread