Need Help Regarding E-Juice...Instant Headaches, Chemical Aftertaste, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

netwreck94

Jan 4, 2012
BP, NY
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the vaping scene, but have been analog free for about 2 weeks. I purchased the Volcano Inferno, and will likely be getting a VV Mod (likely the LavaTube) soon as well. However, my main and most urgent issue is regarding the e-juice that these use. I started with some of the Johnson Creek Original Line and really liked their Cherry, Spiced Apple, and a few others. I then purchased some from Viking Vapor and from Volcano. In my opinion, all 8 of the Viking Vapor Juices I ordered were atrocious, all stinking/tasting of perfume and giving me an instant headache upon smelling them even without vaping...I haven't touched them since. I figured this was a case of "you get what you pay for" and then went ahead and ordered several bottles from Volcano as there were rave reviews on the 5 I ordered. This may have been another mistake...I received them today and while they smelled much, much better; when vaping they gave me that same immediate headache and left me with an aftertaste that could only be described as chemical. I can tell that the flavor is strong on inhale, but the exhale and ensuing headache with chemical after taste soon followed. I don't get what's going on here, just about everyone else loves these Volcano juices I ordered (and even the Viking Vapor) yet for some reason I cannot tolerate them. In contrast, I ordered the original Sample pack from Johnson Creek, and love just about every one of them...great flavor on inhale/exhale, no chemical or perfume taste, and most importantly no headache or nasty chemical aftertaste. One thing I did note was that the sample pack from JC was 100% PG Based, while the Volcano and Viking Vapor ones I ordered were 80/20 PG/VG. I've heard of a PG allergy with sore throats/hives/itching but never anything regarding VG and even more so in the regards to headaches/chemical taste and an overall "nasty feeling in the head". I'd hate to be stuck buying only from JC, and although I do like their juices, I love the idea of being able to try endless vendors and flavors...but not if I'm going to continue to waste money on ones that make me feel awful.

Any help is much appreciated, and also, if anyone is interested in 99% full bottles of 16mg---15mL Volcano in Grape, Cotton Candy (8mg), ChocoNilla, Vanilla, Jungle Fruit, or Sweet Tart please let me know...I'd certainly be willing to take a loss on them since they're likely of no use to me. I'm going to let them steep for a few days in hopes that it helps, but it didn't with the Viking Vapor so I doubt it will with these. There must be something in the Viking/Volcano that isn't in the Johnson but other than VG I can't think of what it is. I also have EIGHT 7.5mL bottles of Viking Vapor in various flavors if anyone wants those at a discount as well.

Thanks,

Evan

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I'm sorry your having problems Evan. You could try trading your juice in the PIF section.

Let them steep. You can even mix some juices together. I can't vape high VG either. I don't get the reaction you described, more of a heavy feeling in my chest with high VG.

I purchase my juice from nhaler, I think his juice is all PG. I also get juice from Vapor Bomb, usually 80pg/20vg and you can pick the ratio. You can get 100 pg from there as well.

BluSwatch

Crazy Mod Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Washington
You may want to try getting a sample pack (3 ml bottles) in PG only .... or see if someone on the DIY threads can send you a small amount of unflavored 100% PG, and unflavored 100% VG .... I suppose that would tell you if it's either the PG or VG.
If it's flavorings ... that would be harder to pin down. :(

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I'm sorry to hear about your problems netwreck94. Some have experienced reactions to:
PG
VG
Ethyl Maltol aka Cotton Candy, a sweetener in some juices.
I experienced issues with watermelon which has Ethyl Maltol in it. As soon as I gave it to a friend, who had no probs with it, my issues went away.
Good Luck, Vapoor.

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the vaping scene, but have been analog free for about 2 weeks. I purchased the Volcano Inferno, and will likely be getting a VV Mod (likely the LavaTube) soon as well. However, my main and most urgent issue is regarding the e-juice that these use. I started with some of the Johnson Creek Original Line and really liked their Cherry, Spiced Apple, and a few others. I then purchased some from Viking Vapor and from Volcano. In my opinion, all 8 of the Viking Vapor Juices I ordered were atrocious, all stinking/tasting of perfume and giving me an instant headache upon smelling them even without vaping...I haven't touched them since. I figured this was a case of "you get what you pay for" and then went ahead and ordered several bottles from Volcano as there were rave reviews on the 5 I ordered. This may have been another mistake...I received them today and while they smelled much, much better; when vaping they gave me that same immediate headache and left me with an aftertaste that could only be described as chemical. I can tell that the flavor is strong on inhale, but the exhale and ensuing headache with chemical after taste soon followed. I don't get what's going on here, just about everyone else loves these Volcano juices I ordered (and even the Viking Vapor) yet for some reason I cannot tolerate them. In contrast, I ordered the original Sample pack from Johnson Creek, and love just about every one of them...great flavor on inhale/exhale, no chemical or perfume taste, and most importantly no headache or nasty chemical aftertaste. One thing I did note was that the sample pack from JC was 100% PG Based, while the Volcano and Viking Vapor ones I ordered were 80/20 PG/VG. I've heard of a PG allergy with sore throats/hives/itching but never anything regarding VG and even more so in the regards to headaches/chemical taste and an overall "nasty feeling in the head". I'd hate to be stuck buying only from JC, and although I do like their juices, I love the idea of being able to try endless vendors and flavors...but not if I'm going to continue to waste money on ones that make me feel awful.

Any help is much appreciated, and also, if anyone is interested in 99% full bottles of 16mg---15mL Volcano in Grape, Cotton Candy (8mg), ChocoNilla, Vanilla, Jungle Fruit, or Sweet Tart please let me know...I'd certainly be willing to take a loss on them since they're likely of no use to me. I'm going to let them steep for a few days in hopes that it helps, but it didn't with the Viking Vapor so I doubt it will with these. There must be something in the Viking/Volcano that isn't in the Johnson but other than VG I can't think of what it is. I also have EIGHT 7.5mL bottles of Viking Vapor in various flavors if anyone wants those at a discount as well.

Thanks,

Evan

Muramasa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
hmm... sounds like nose sensitivity. I'm no doctor. no no. just that i have quite a sensitive nose (dulled with analog but back with vaping lol) and also morning sinus going on so yuh.
Try steeping the juices. i have issues with juices that r perfumy and smelling them gives me a slight headache. and i forgot to mention i suffer from migraine as well so certain smell do get me off. some juice when steeping them gets rid of the smell so all is well. maybe someone else with more experience can help u with that.
Sorry and good luck.

DZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Littleton, CO
One thought, you have been analog free for 2 weeks it might be your taste buds.

Another thought I bought over 40 different kinds of juice before I found a few I liked. Me, I don't like the Johnson creek juices, they make me gag. Taste is subjective. The only advise from me is keep going tell you find the ones you like.

The headache from my understanding would be the first signs of nic poisoning or so I have read on here, not stating that is what is going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread