Need help figuring out what replacement battery to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mels0082

Sep 11, 2015
when you say it crapped out, what did it do? stop charging or stop working?
so at first, I had the kanger protank 3. I was having issues with it and read that a lot of other people were too. it wasn't producing a lot of vapor and tasted off, so I decided to buy the aspire nautilus, though it didn't really fix my problems. it was fine for a little while, then it started tasting like I was smoking chemicals (it was bad) and wasn't producing as much vapor still. changing the coils didn't help, so I figured it was the coils causing the issues and I bought new ones. it took away the chemical taste mostly, but I still was just not getting great hits, not as much vapor, the flavor sucked.. idk if it's because of the nautilus or it could very well be the coils I bought - I bought them from a random website and they aren't brand name but I read about them and people said they're just as good as the brand name ones. they were cheaper so I decided I'd try it.. didn't do anything to help. that's when I just gave up on it lol. I love getting nice flavor and a lot of vapor and it just wasn't delivering:(

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    so at first, I had the kanger protank 3. I was having issues with it and read that a lot of other people were too. it wasn't producing a lot of vapor and tasted off, so I decided to buy the aspire nautilus, though it didn't really fix my problems. it was fine for a little while, then it started tasting like I was smoking chemicals (it was bad) and wasn't producing as much vapor still. changing the coils didn't help, so I figured it was the coils causing the issues and I bought new ones. it took away the chemical taste mostly, but I still was just not getting great hits, not as much vapor, the flavor sucked.. idk if it's because of the nautilus or it could very well be the coils I bought - I bought them from a random website and they aren't brand name but I read about them and people said they're just as good as the brand name ones. they were cheaper so I decided I'd try it.. didn't do anything to help. that's when I just gave up on it lol. I love getting nice flavor and a lot of vapor and it just wasn't delivering:(

Did you put the proper resistance coils into the tank?

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    if i remember correctly, the mvp 3.0 is a 30 watt battery... if the tanks/ coils were the issue and the battery was still doing its thing, then different tank may make a world of difference - but before that, do you happen to recall the wattage you were running it at? the nautilus coils are usually good in the 9-14 watt range... not sure about protank 3... but you could put a kanger subtank mini with the vertical 1.2ohm or 1.5 ohm coil on that rascal and very likely be in business

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    if i remember correctly, the mvp 3.0 is a 30 watt battery... if the tanks/ coils were the issue and the battery was still doing its thing, then different tank may make a world of difference - but before that, do you happen to recall the wattage you were running it at? the nautilus coils are usually good in the 9-14 watt range... not sure about protank 3... but you could put a kanger subtank mini with the vertical 1.2ohm or 1.5 ohm coil on that rascal and very likely be in business

she should still be getting a fairly descent vape at lower wattage settings with the nautilus :rolleyes:

mels0082

Sep 11, 2015
    I actually just kept it on volts ... I believe 3.4-3.5 is what I kept it on. was that wrong of me to do? for some reason I always just preferred volts because it seemed simpler to me and I felt the flavor was better. I could never figure out the perfect wattage for me. but maybe i'll try what you're saying!

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    I actually just kept it on volts ... I believe 3.4-3.5 is what I kept it on. was that wrong of me to do? for some reason I always just preferred volts because it seemed simpler to me and I felt the flavor was better. I could never figure out the perfect wattage for me. but maybe i'll try what you're saying!

there's probably nothing wrong with your mvp; just lower the voltage if stuff tastes burnt; or raise it (slowly) if there's nothing happening.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    voltage and wattage are linked, by way of the resistance (ohms) of the coil you are using... 3.4volts on a 1.8ohm coil (standard nautilus coil) would be a snooch under 6.5 watts... i generally just adjust wattage, but works either way... typically, the 'sweet spot' with those coils is from 9-14 watts... so, part of issue may well have been not enough power hitting the coils... so, in the 3.9volts and up range...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread