Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Best advice I can give is to wait. Save a few more bucks and get the Tesla.
tesla
I've had two Vamos. v1 bit the dirt at just three months old. v2 got put in last place after I got my Tesla. Yea it looks wierd, but weighs less than a Vamo with an 18650 in it. Menu is supper easy to use. No confussion about which mode your in. VMS or RMS. It's already programed for RMS mode. Sorry Vamo owners but I am one of you and after I got this everyone with a Vamo wants to use my Tesla. Just my two cents worth. BTW The vamo's I've had would work with button or flat top batteries.
Both units still fire at the 37 hrz cycle. Sorry if I'm wrong but that what I've learned about from ECF members.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html
And no I'm not trying to sell you on the Provari. I've got three and like my Lava tube just as much as every mod I have. They all work and that's fine wih me. I'm not a fanboy of any device except that one that keeps you from smoking.

Last edited:

Stephenst4470

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Detroit, Mi
casaa.org
tesla
I've had two Vamos. v1 bit the dirt at just three months old. v2 got put in last place after I got my Tesla. Yea it looks wierd, but weighs less than a Vamo with an 18650 in it. Menu is supper easy to use. No confussion about which mode your in. VMS or RMS. It's already programed for RMS mode. Sorry Vamo owners but I am one of you and after I got this everyone with a Vamo wants to use my Tesla. Just my two cents worth. BTW The vamo's I've had would work with button or flat top batteries.
Both units still fire at the 37 hrz cycle. Sorry if I'm wrong but that what I've learned about from ECF members.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html
And no I'm not trying to sell you on the Provari. I've got three and like my Lava tube just as much as every mod I have. They all work and that's fine wih me. I'm not a fanboy of any device except that one that keeps you from smoking.

This really depends on what he wants to do with it, the Tesla is restricted to one 18650 battery and won't run two 18350's. This limits output on any of these devices with the 33 hz pwm chip to around 12 watts. I haven't had any issues with my Vamos at all. The ZMax would be another option as well in the same price point as the Tesla.

jwark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
This really depends on what he wants to do with it, the Tesla is restricted to one 18650 battery and won't run two 18350's. This limits output on any of these devices with the 33 hz pwm chip to around 12 watts. I haven't had any issues with my Vamos at all. The ZMax would be another option as well in the same price point as the Tesla.

You took the words out of my mouth. I REALLY like the dual 18350 mode and how I can switch it to a single 18350 and make it considerably smaller. I might try some other devices at some point but the 18350 seems like, if nothing else, would be a great smaller device to use. Thanks for the info about the tesla though, I will keep that in mind for a future purchase. The Zmax to me seems overpriced. If I'm going to spend that much I was thinking I would just go all in with a provari.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
tesla
Both units still fire at the 37 hrz cycle.

The Tesla has a poor layout - when you click the buttons you can't see the menu screen. The units have a 33.3 Hz cycle regulated to output voltage. I'd take a Vamo over a Tesla any day. You may like the Tesla, and it is steampunkish looking, but that exposed battery is not a look I like. Doesn't protect the battery exterior either. I don't think anyone sells v1 Vamos anymore. The V2 is better. Sorry but the Vamo has more going for it with two size configurations than the Tesla - including better safety for the battery.

Here's PBusardo's review of the Tesla:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH2CgqMp4_k&list=UUc345z36sFqyC1BheWmW_Iw&index=8

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Got the goods. I'm extremely disappointed with the charger and the spacers. They look like they are supposed to screw into something? I don't see where. I have to perform a balancing act with them and they constantly pop out.

Is there some trick to this?

Hi jwark,
My apologies, sorry.I think those spacers wont screw in. Its these kind that fit without hassle:
15mm Charging Spacer Aluminum

Pic here;
**NEW** XTAR SP2, 2-bay Li-ion Charger

I feel a bit bad about this, and don't usually get these things mixed up. I'll be happy to order and pay for two of the right kind of spacers and have them shipped straight to you - that should be doable. Just PM me you want to do that.
Apparently quite a few people discovered this issue with the Xtar spacers as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread