Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
The last CASAA heard, the Navy was including e-cigarettes in their smoking policy. (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/158250-vaping-military-gets-bumed.html#post2594047)

But word got to CASAA (from a vendor near a Navy base) that sailors are coming in to buy e-cigarettes before they ship out, because the "decision has come down that they are okay." He says he heard this, "from over a dozen navy customers coming into my store to buy them before deploying. I'm located about 5 minutes from [redacted]. I can't find anything online to confirm it, but I even had one guy come in who never smoked buying a few to sell when underway. One guy said that his COB (Chief of the Boat) had one in hand ALWAYS on their last deployment."

Can any Navy personnel confirm this?? This would be an incredible win for e-cigarettes and a tool for fighting indoor bans elsewhere! If you want it to remain confidential, please email us at board@casaa.org.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
The last CASAA heard, the Navy was including e-cigarettes in their smoking policy. (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/158250-vaping-military-gets-bumed.html#post2594047)

But word got to CASAA (from a vendor near a Navy base) that sailors are coming in to buy e-cigarettes before they ship out, because the "decision has come down that they are okay." He says he heard this, "from over a dozen navy customers coming into my store to buy them before deploying. I'm located about 5 minutes from [redacted]. I can't find anything online to confirm it, but I even had one guy come in who never smoked buying a few to sell when underway. One guy said that his COB (Chief of the Boat) had one in hand ALWAYS on their last deployment."

Can any Navy personnel confirm this?? This would be an incredible win for e-cigarettes and a tool for fighting indoor bans elsewhere! If you want it to remain confidential, please email us at board@casaa.org.

Rhat would be outstanding news if true. It might be one COB smoker that gave his blessing. Let's hope not.

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
If that is official in any way, it would have to be a very new change.

As near as I can tell the official SECNAV policy hasn't changed (or at least hasn't been updated on the web).

The latest information I could find at BUMED indicates that SECNAV considers ENDS a tobacco product just like the FDA does and has always considered "all tobacco products are equal" and treated the same under tobacco use policy, so -- no exception for e-cigs.

Unless someone can present an official message outlining the policy change my guess is that this may be specific to one command. That's great for the Sailors at that command, but if that's the case all it will take is one official complaint to put the kibosh on it.

Of course, even if they couldn't regulate the use of e-cigs as a tobacco product, I'm willing to be some Sea Lawyer would be proclaiming the dangers of having non-approved battery chargers on board. It's always something with the anti's. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread