Nautilus Mini coils vs basic Aspire coils - junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Tucson, AZ, USA
I have some rebuildables that I'm thinking of working with, but I'm new to them and that might be off in the future a bit. In the meantime, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm ready to put aside my Nautilus Mini tanks and just go back to my regular Aspire tanks. I'm getting better flavor and, more importantly, longer lifetime of coil heads, from my T3, clearos and glassomizers. I get a much more consistent vape from the basic setup. I can get weeks out of my basic Aspire heads versus 2-3 DAYS from the Nautilus Mini heads. All the heads for my Nautilus Mini and Aspires are BVC and authentic. I'm so frustrated with these Nautilus coils giving me a couple days of use and then they are shot or need to be cleaned up. And if I leave them in my drawer while I'm vaping another flavor, they almost always are shot when I go back to using them. Am I the only one fed up and frustrated with the high cost of these coils??

I do have a few Eleaf GS-Air M's on the way to me and I'm hoping that maybe these will work better than these overpriced Nautilus setups.

emc1

Mar 19, 2015
Chicago
Let me guess, you're using some sort of "Mocha Doughnut Cheescake Custard Cookie Cereal" juice ? Just joking though -

What's probably more accurate is that they don't suck - it's just not working for you because of some factor. Your juice might not agree with BVC, or the way you vape, or your device, who knows. I know that I've written off devices only to figure out later that it was my juice all along..

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Authentic aspire bvc's verified via scratch off security code or fakes?
Do you vape dark or sweet or colored liquids?
Vape them at 7 - 10w or 12 - 15+w?
Is your power device capable of stepping down output/down regulation/bucking voltage/regulating voltage accurately?

The BVC's have been the least hassle most reliable heads Ive ever used, I get extraordinary long head life from them, 50 ~ 80 mls of a know head killer, 100 ~ 200 mils of clear non sweet 50/50.

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
I have a Nautilus and I could get a week or so out of my coils, but they weren't they best tasting by the end.

I enjoyed the better vapor, but I never thought I got better flavor. The coils are way too expensive to keep changing out for maximum flavor so in the end it was just the push I needed to go to RTA's.

I am happy I did it! Flavor off.... burn off the coil and rewick it. Takes a minute tops. Changing juice... no need to have my first few hits mix flavors because I can't bring myself to waste a coil.. just toss a new bit of cotton in.

Never looking back! :)

mctess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Tucson, AZ, USA
I'm vaping higher than 50/50 as far as VG, but not 100 VG. Maybe 78 is the highest with one of my Charlie Noble juices. I'm at between 7-10W on an Istick. One of my ADVs is Alloy Blends Vented and that juice seems to turn very dark brown almost right away. I also have issues with POET lemon in the Nautilus Mini. I have Charlie Noble Tripoli in a full size Nautilus and that doesn't give me any issues and is high VG. At the same time, I've got some very high VG juice in my regular Aspires and they can sit for weeks and still vape like the coil is new. I can pick up a clearo that's been sitting in my drawer for weeks and there are no issues. But if I pick up a Nautilus Mini that's been sitting unvaped for a day or so, it's no good - this is with 50/50 juice too.

Last edited:

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I agree. The Nautilus Mini is my least favourite atty. Even my Aspire glassomizer taste better. There's some odd rubbery, oily flavour to the Natilus Mini - perhaps it's that humungous gasket at the bottom. I generally use my Kangers and only turn to the Nautilus mini when I want to change flavour and still have a lot of juice in the other tanks.

mctess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Tucson, AZ, USA
I'm not a fan of BVC either, so I use the BDC coils in my mini's (get the ones for the large Nautilus tank, they are interchangeable).
Percentage of VG is also a factor for BVC, too much and it doesn't wick very well. Not an issue for BDC.

I'll give that a try. I have some here in stock. I think I'm probably not going to buy anymore coils for these and, when they are out, move into trying my rebuildables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread