National Geographic Called Out>>>Love It!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Finally, an article that doesn't need a broken link! Not a bad read! The Truth About E-Cigarettes

From the Article...
Scientists should continue investigating e-cigarettes, but rather than wildly speculating and panicking about the possible risks associated with the devices, we should focus on the data we already have about them. And that evidence indicates that e-cigarettes are a safer alternative to tobacco.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, Sorry if it has been.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
From the commentators:

Rookie
"E-Cigarettes are just another way to make money off of nicotine junkies. Do not be deceived by the “safety” hype.

It is the nicotine, folks, not the smoke.
Nicotine is, perhaps, the most addictive drug known to man.
It is, certainly, the most addictive licit drug.
The latest study out of Virginia Tech shows that nicotine, itself, is equally as da...."

rook·ie (rk) Definition
n.
1. Slang
a. An untrained or inexperienced recruit, as in the army or police.
b. An inexperienced person; a novice.
2. Sports A first-year player, especially in a professional sport.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
If you want to read more articles from the author of this piece (Cameron English), use the link below. I like his views on e-cigs (obviously), vaccines, and certain dieting myths, but I find many of his other views to be questionable.

http://www.policymic.com/profile/articleList?user_id=3399

I also found a related article that cites the article linked by the OP, which is very short and does a decent job of focusing on the point of scare-tactic media:
National Geographic And E-Cigarettes: Evidence-Based Or Culture War?

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Finally, an article that doesn't need a broken link! Not a bad read! The Truth About E-Cigarettes

From the Article...
Scientists should continue investigating e-cigarettes, but rather than wildly speculating and panicking about the possible risks associated with the devices, we should focus on the data we already have about them. And that evidence indicates that e-cigarettes are a safer alternative to tobacco.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, Sorry if it has been.
Edited...replied to wrong post!

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
If you want to read more articles from the author of this piece (Cameron English), use the link below. I like his views on e-cigs (obviously), vaccines, and certain dieting myths, but I find many of his other views to be questionable.

http://www.policymic.com/profile/articleList?user_id=3399

I also found a related article that cites the article linked by the OP, which is very short and does a decent job of focusing on the point of scare-tactic media:
National Geographic And E-Cigarettes: Evidence-Based Or Culture War?
Good find! He is definitely pro e-cig. Not scared to call out those who B.S. Thats always refreshing! Haven't read his other stuff tho..

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Good find! He is definitely pro e-cig. Not scared to call out those who B.S. Thats always refreshing! Haven't read his other stuff tho..

You should read through some of his other articles. Agree with him or not (and I don't agree with many of them), he's a good writer that makes some pretty strong points, which I always appreciate.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
You should read through some of his other articles. Agree with him or not (and I don't agree with many of them), he's a good writer that makes some pretty strong points, which I always appreciate.
Took your advice and started to read a few....interesting take on The Biggest Looser, and some others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread