Not open for further replies.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Mr. Darcy,

I forgot to update you - I'm sorry. I found my two DSE901 and tried them again. One of them smokes fairly good, but the other one sucks... Just for you - I started carrying it around and would take a puff off of it every once in awhile and it seems to be doing pretty good. I will continue using it off and one to see if I could get use to it, but right now I guess I am still a pen style girl.... :D

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
yeah,its the old luck of the draw at work again...
ecigs are like a box of chocolates--you never know what youre gonna get...hmm,that wouldnt be a bad signature for me really... very profound! :)

im a penstyle man myself,cos of the battery and cart life-but if i ever feel like i want something more cigarette like,i reach for my dse901s--mine are good ones,as you know... ;)

MNZ

NZ Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
I think the mini from myecig is a DSE901A version as opposed to a DSE901, Meltrex could confirm that for us.

Here is a page that shows the difference between the two, apart from internal differences I don't know about the most obvious one I can see is the shape of the mouthpiece, on the DSE901 it's round in shape and on the DSE901A it has a shaped mouthpiece

http://www.farseegroup.com/ProductShow.asp?ID=164

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
well my dse901s have the logo,but they also fit the shaped mouthpiece-either flat or round fit my model apparently...so the difference seems to be purely cosmetic
i suppose it just depends which cartridges you get...
dse901cart.jpg

ps-and the sedansa nano1 carts also seem to fit the dse901...oh and leafords smuke carts fit it also.

MNZ

NZ Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
You might be right Mr D it could just be a cosmetic change, but there could also be an alteration to the make it work guts of the thing too, it would certainly make sense if an improved atomizer design has been used to make it compatible with a currently available cartridge to cut down on development costs. The vid Dusty put up certainly seems to show the new version out performs vids I've seen of earler types. I'm well impressed with the performance in that vid. So much so I'm going to get one

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
well i bought one on 10th of may-still working with same atomiser-admittedly its had light use,and performance has obviously dipped a little from new,but its still going strong.another ones atomiser needed replaced within 2-3 weeks.

they arent my main smoke,i usually use penstyles for convenience,so its hard to say...if youre using them as your only ecig,and you vape constantly,then who knows?

its a combination of luck,treatment and usage that determines atomiser longevity... some last me a long time-some dont,for no apparent reason.

i find that every atomiser is an individual.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Nazareth said:
Dusty or Darcy or anyone- woudl you say the mini MyEcig is better vapor-wise than the MyEcig penstyle? How abotu hte length the carts last? What kind of comparison btwen the two? I think my next ecig is goign to be the MyEcig one- but just want an opinion on the two models
The Penstyle carts/battery last longer by definition, the difference between the two sizes of units. Vapor... it's that luck of the draw, whether you get a quality atomizer or subpar for either one.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
yes,the penstyle is always gonna last longer than any mini before needing a battery or cart change.

however,the amount of vapour produced by my dse901 is about as good in volume as a penstyle,and the vapour has a different consistency...its seems to have more substance to me when inhaled than the penstyle...less light,if you know what i mean...its hard to describe.

the drawback is the constant maintenance of changing batteries and carts...they really dont last long compared to the pen,and it can be a hassle...

but if youre in the market for a mini,this is widely regarded as a good one...

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
its seems to have more substance to... you know what i mean...its hard to describe.

Yeah- I know what ya mean- denser cloud, same or a bit better volume. I wonder why the mini produces betteer vapor thanhte Pen? I watched Dusty's videos of the Pen, and his 1 week update looked liekd the pen wasn't producing as good a dense voliminous cloud, but hte mini seemed to produce very good clouds after 1 week use- but I don't really wanna have to keep messin aroudn with Carts and batteries. Not sure yet what to try next for an E-cigg. I'd really liek an E-Pipe, but the reviews I see they don't last too long?

RatInDaHat

Peace, I'm outta here
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Mr. Darcy... You just nailed what i have been trying to figure out.

I really prefer my mini over all of my others. I think it is because of the vapor consistency. I couldn't put my finger on it, but you just did.. It hits harder and in a different way than the pen.

about my 1-week video for the pen, i think e-cig's liquid can be to blame for the major decrease in vapor. Clogging up atomizers and killing little babies.. that is all the e-cig.com liquid is good for. that's my opinion anyway.

-Dusty-

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA
I placed an order for a penstyle with http://www.myecig.com.
I got strawberry and apple cartridges. Mel threw in some free cartridges too!
He's a great guy to work with. Very prompt and friendly. He also lives in the next city over from me.

I'll let you guys know what I think when I get it.
I'm hoping to have it by Fri or Sat...

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
MrDarcy, Dusty- how long woudl you say the mini carts last? And the Pen? Could you go about 1/2 day on one cart of either with Pretty steady smoking? Less? More? Not dripping I mean- just straight Cart.

A real Cigg for me lasts for 10-11 full draws, My SmartFixx pen when the atomizer is good, the carts will last for a good 250+ full draws (I've gone as high as 420, but that was really really pushing it- it only tasted good for about 300-325 or so then was gettin pretty tasteless, but stil producing good vapor) but hte atomizers don't seem to last very long at all- I've got one I just started using 4 days ago and it's already not doing very well- SmartFixx sent me a replacement which I just received today, and it's doing very well, but it's also preprimed, we'll see hwat hap[pens after the priming diminishes. I'm gonna try boiling one of hte dying atomizers, then repriming it, see if that makes a difference, but I don't have high hopes.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Dusty-yeah,its just much more satisfying somehow,isnt it?

Naz-its hard to say mate.there are just too many factors to consider to say for sure...
individual cart quality,depth of drag,how you smoke,how you heat the atomiser before the main drag,how your atomiser performs etc...they all play their part,i think.

like dusty,i top up constantly also-as soon as i notice a drop in vapour...and i change to fresh batteries regularly too.

i dont really bother to measure it.i figure what you get-you get,it differs,and theres not a lot you can do about it except top up..its just not an exact science,im afraid.

id say that for me personally,the way i smoke and the hit i like,and if i dont top up...the penstyle cart lasts me maybe twice as long as the mini--approximately.

as i said,theres so many factors involved,that personally i think its just not possible for anyone to be totally definitive about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread