My transition to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

daithi86

Jan 6, 2014
Ireland
Howdy all,
Just thought i'd share my transition with you folks. I'm 27 and been smoking since I was 18 - Marlboro Red 1ppd. Had a really bad flu before Christmas and was so sick I couldn't even smoke. Although I'm a healthcare professional, I really enjoyed smoking despite knowing how it was affecting my health, or at least i thought I enjoyed it.
Made the decision to try vaping as a means of getting away from the nasty elements of smoking, although being honest, I am not likely to ever stop consuming nicotine. I'm on my third day of using a VIP Photon Tank - much better than the crappy disposable ones. I'm going through about 2ml of 18mg liquid per day at the minute.
Day 1 I had 2 cigarettes - I expected them to be amazing and to feel/taste a lot better than the vapour, and to be honest, it wasn't. I've already begun to notice how much cigarette smoke tastes like dirt.
Day 2 I tried another cigarette to see if I was missing anything, and again didn't enjoy it, only smoked half of it.
Day 3, no cigarettes. I've had no cravings at all, and have come to the realisation that there is nothing better about smoking compared to vaping. I honestly couldn't find any justification to go back to smoking. Day 3 was also my first day back at work since stopping smoking, which was always going to be hard as all my colleagues smoke. I went outside for Coffee break anyway and vaped away while they all smoked and chatted - felt a bit self conscious as the photon tank is very noticeable but the smell of other peoples smoke is already starting to smell a bit foul to me.

This is quite honestly the best move i've ever made.

I really want to try some higher % VG liquid as I'm not really that interested in throat hit. Cherry is definitely my favourite flavour in all things. So if anyone knows of a higher % vg cherry flavour e-juice, let me know. Obviously somewhere that will ship to rainy Ireland.

David

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
Hi David and welcome to ECF. Amazing how something "bad" like the flu can impact our lives in positive ways. Congrats on your transition to vaping. Also glad you found some gear and juice that works for you. I haven't tried anything but 50/50 mixes, so have no input on a cherry juice with a higher vg %. I'm sure some folks here will offer their suggestions.

Thanks for sharing your experience and hope you find this community to be helpful and supportive. I've sure found it to be that way. Like you, I have no intent or desire to return to smoking. Vaping has been fantastic and I'm starting to get into some different flavors that have nothing to do with tobacco or menthol (I was a menthol smoker for years). Right now I've vaping some peach from one of the local shops here in Denver, Vapor Leaf. Tastes especially good tonight. Not sure why it tastes better tonight, but I sure am enjoying it.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
congrats on making the switch David.

there is a UK forum you can look through for sites locally to buy your eliquid and once you get 5 posts before 25 after the hour you can then post there also (posts include answers on this thread and other threads)

and welcome to the ECF
9pribk.gif
295xrtd.gif
9pribk.gif

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Welcome to ECF! Be sure to check out some UK juices as it will probably ship faster to you. A popular American juice vendor that specializes in VG juices is Virgin Vapors. Give them a shot for sure. I have recently been vaping higher VG juices lately and really like them. I'm more of a flavor person than a TH person, so VG is a lot easier on my throat and not as drying as higher PG liquids. Good luck in your adventure!

BigFatDan

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Suffield, CT
Congratulations on making the switch, Daithi.

I can't speak to any cherry flavored juice with a higher percent of VG.

However, I would highly recommend getting into DIY juicing as quickly as possible. It's an incredibly amazing feeling when after making 5-6 sample batches and finally coming up with a perfect tasting juice. Not to mention, it's fairly cheap, depending on where you buy and for how much.

WileECoyote

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2013
Woodbridge, VA, USA
www.zidrate.com
Welcome! I did the same thing recently as far as tasting an analog. I asked my wife for a puff off of her Newport. It had an herbaceous and chemical taste to it. She wants me to whip up some Newport flavored juice but I don't know if she understands what she is asking for. When you get the cravings, reach for you PV and vape away. If you slip, all is not lost, keep up the good fight. Happy vaping!

daithi86

Jan 6, 2014
Ireland
Thanks lads. I'll probably try Virgin Vapours first.
Dunno if I'm ready to try DIY mixing yet. But I probably will in time to come.

As regards slipping - I'm really hoping not to slip again. There's no real incentive to slip. My only worry would be if my PV stopped working for some reason. I've got 1 battery and two clearomizers in my starter kit. How often are those items likely to fail? I would like to avoid any critical situations. Although luckily, theres a Vape Shop about 10 minutes from home/work where I could get spares if I needed to.

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
I've got 1 battery and two clearomizers in my starter kit. How often are those items likely to fail? I would like to avoid any critical situations. Although luckily, theres a Vape Shop about 10 minutes from home/work where I could get spares if I needed to.

Hi daith and glad you joined ECF. You've gotten some good advice from the folks here. I would add one thing that has saved me more than once. Folks here suggested getting backups for all my gear and backups for my backups. I never want to be in the position too pick up an analog if one piece of equipment fails. And equipment does sometimes fail. A coil goes out. I drop and break my clearo. I forget to charge the battery before I run out the door. So I carry an extra battery, extra clear, juice and q-tips with me any time I walk out the door.

And again, hope you thoroughly enjoy your vaping journey. And that you continue to participate in ECF. Namaste.

MooseMan

Dec 9, 2013
Kentucky
My transition has been quite painless as well. Got a kit for Christmas, started using it on 12-27. Smoked one cig on 12-29 to see if it would help my dizziness (it didn't) and one on New Years Eve right before midnight (didn't really want it but wanted to end the year that way.
Haven't had a major craving yet. I too prefer vaping over smoking. Vape On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread