Status
Not open for further replies.

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
hello guys,

I'm 35 years old, M from India. I have been smoking the analog since last 15 years. I did quit the analog many times through out this time. Couple of times I quit for 2 years but again got back to smoking for one reason or the other. I guess, that's why I'm alive today. About an year ago, I developed some pain in the intestines. Got medical checkups done and docs told me to give up smoking instantly. I have given up smoking many times in past but just this time it felt like I was unable to. Don't know why but I neglected all of the warnings. The pain started to grow. In the mornings it used to be fine but I smoked the first cigarette of the day, the pain used to re-appear .. So long story short, by night, I used to feel a lot of pain. I thought the end is near and I'm going to get into some major problem. The funny thing is, if I didn't smoke, I wouldn't feel anything wrong with me. So yeah, I was kind of battling with my own inner self all of the time.

Then I got to know about the eCigarettes. I searched them and ended up here on these forums. Although I recently registered my account but I have been reading posts and information here since many days. I ordered my first kit from one of the online merchants (i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post merchant names, would sound like i'm vouching for them so I better not). About a month ago I got my first eCigarette .. the eGo CE4 ecig. Now here's the real deal. Can you believe it? I can't ... I have not smoked a single analog cigarette since the time I started with my eCigarette! Yes sir, I can't believe that I've given up the analog cigarettes. I'm so so so happy that I got over all of the pain. NO PAIN since last 1 month. ZERO health problems. I feel like a horse again :)

I just wish to thank all of you for helping me out. The least I can do is say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you cool folks here. Your discussions and most of all, the nice people who put up these forums, you all have helped me kick the bloody dangerous analog cigarettes.

One more thing, in the beginning, I just kept puffing the vapes every 30 mins. I don't know if it was the craving or if it was the fear of quitting cigarettes .. I'm not sure. But I have learned to "respect" my eCigarette and puff only when I feel the "need" of nicotine. I guess, the best way to enjoy your eCigarette is to use it like analog cigarettes. I used to smoke a cigarette every 2 hours. I try to use my eCigarette the same way. And know what, I don't feel the need of smoking for 4 and sometimes 5 hours.

I cannot put it in words how happy I am to give up analog cigarettes. Someone said this and I will just repeat again, as soon as you replace the analog cigarettes with eCigarettes, you will feel great changes inside you. All of the pain in chest/stomach, tar/coughing, bad breath, etc. will be gone! Man, I can't tell you how happy I have become in just a few days. I've quit smoking but I'm still enjoying my favorite hobby .. I can proudly say, eCigarettes for life!

Apart from sharing my story, I have a few questions. I would really appreciate if a veteran can answer them for me. Please, do not take me wrong, I have searched through these forums a lot. but there is waaaay too much information and you can easily get confused what's right/wrong and what may work for you.

I ordered eGo CE4 from one of the merchants online. But like many people, I ran into this problem .. The atomizer started giving a burning smell. Since I have never opened an atomizer in past, I messed up the atomizer. I opened and saw the things inside, how it works and how it is assembled.

1). The problem is that the coil inside burnt the thread. Why does that happen?
2). What is the best way to avoid this problem in future?
3). The coil does not seem to be too strong and I don't think these cartomizers will work for too long. Are there any better cartomizers compatible with eGo CE4?
4). I bought my Mega eGo CE4 kit from ecigsunlimited but their shipping method is BAD. took 1 month to receive the kit. Any better merchants who can ship to India using Aramex or a similar fast shipping service?
5). I don't mind paying more but I stick with quality. Where can I find best quality cartomizers for eGo CE4?

Would appreciate any help you can provide. Once again, thank you a TON for all of the help you guys have provided.

On a side note, I did fill out the form and registered my comment at the FDA website. There can't be a better product for quitting analog cigarettes PERIOD

Regards,
Andy.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Hello there! Congratulations on quitting the analogs.

Your e-cig is an Ego-C the CE4 designation is for the atomizer. Your atomizer is burnt and beyond repair.
You can purchase another version of the CE4 that allows you to just replace the bottom part that contains the actual atomizer. They are version CE5, you can also purchase something called a Kangor T3. This also has replaceable bottom coils. They seem to be a favorite around here. I have 2 and I use them every day. They are easy to fill and they are easy to wash I wash mine every 3-4 days.

Others will be along that might have better explanations than me. I just wanted to let you know that the problem that you are having is common. The coils get dirty from use, so they burn up. There are many options out there, you have to research what is offered read and watch reviews both here on the forum and on You-Tube.
Check on You-Tube for the cleaning method, there are videos of just about anything e-cig related. Now that you have over 5 posts you can look up reviews of both product, and vendors for more information.

I wish you all the best and hope that you are able to find a vendor with fast shipping. I love to get my purchases as soon as possible, It is frustrating to have to wait. Best of luck!

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
Hello guys, thank you all for the kind words and suggestions. i'm researching about different cartomizers and will post as soon as i find some good compatible cartomizers with my eGo CE4.

I have some tips to share, that may be helpful if you are using the stardust cartomizers/clearomizers:

1. try not to let ur cartomizer run dry. i'd say, fill it up if it goes below half.
  2. before beginning to vape, make sure wiggle/shake your ecigarette a bit before using so that the eliquid spreads on the wick properly.
  3. whether or not u smell anything burnt, clean ur cartomizer every 7 days. just find a guide how to pull the central parts out and put the internal parts under the tap water jet. if there is any deposition of liquid or carbon on the coil, it should be cleaned properly. the coil is very sensitive, make sure not to pull the wick, you may damage your cartomizer.
  4. after cleaning, when you put the cartomizer together and pore eliquid inside, make sure to allow some time before starting to vape. make sure the wick properly absorbs the eliquid. wiggle the stick with the cartomizer attached.
  5. if u smell anything burnt, there's a trick that may work for you. take out the internal parts. you will see the wick hanging on both sides of the internal part. just fold the wick from one side and put it on top of the coil. so its like double wick around the coil. this will ensure that there is enough amount of eliquid going around the coil. this trick worked like a charm for me :)
My first cartomizer burnt out within 10 days because I did not know how to take care of it. However, the second cartomizer is still going great and it is close to 1 month and I feel if the coil didn't burn out on its own, I can protect the wick for at least another month. 2 months with one cartomizer is as sweet as it can get :D

gtseng

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
CA
Just want to share my game plan...

I quit the analog on 1/1/2013 and start using e-cig. I know this will work as soon as I had the first puff from e-cig. It's close enough to the analog for someone who wants to quit.

In the last 2 weeks, I quickly realized that in order to ensure success, I will need to improve both the hardware and the software, ie, the e-cig device and the e-liquid.

Hardware wise, my objective is to equip myself with devices that provide quality vaping experience and also have enough devices/batteries/configurations so that I will have e-cig available to me whenever and wherever I need it.

Software wise, the e-juice, my goal is to find a few flavors that will satisfy me and prevent me from craving the analog. My game plan is to use Tobacco flavor with both high nicotine and low (or even zero nic) juice. Use the high nic juice when my regular analog biological clock is ticking, and use low or no nic juice in between just to keep my mind out of it.

So far this game plan has been working out great... I have no desire to buy or use the analog, and I don't even have to fight that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread