My success story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinch

Jun 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I quit smoking on July 6 or 7. I had the e-cigarette (Joye 510) for a few weeks now but I just couldn't give up my precious tobacco. I would say "oh I used the e-cig for home but since I'm going out to do _____ I'll have a real cigarette." Ultimately I came to the realization that until I stopped entirely, I would always be opting for the real thing unless I was at home. So I finished the last cigarette in my pack, and said that's it!

My breathing is better, and I e-cig every day now. I can still get drunk and go out and be satisfied with vaping. At first I wasn't too crazy about the e-cig and I missed my tobacco, but I think the more I used it the more I could taste it, and I gradually trained my brain into recognizing a new source of nicotine distribution.

It's been over 2 weeks now, soon to be 3 weeks. I had my "holy ....., I'm cured!" moment yesterday when my friend offered me a cig and I politely turned it down. I didn't want it. It smelled disgusting and Mrs. T's Bananas Fosters Coffee sounded a lot tastier to me than tobacco. And on Monday, I went to a Dodger game and I was able to sit for all 9 innings without having to miss the game. I had a great time with beer, hot dogs, and peanuts and didn't have to sit outside the gate with smokers! After the game some guy was smoking in the crowd while exiting the stadium, and I was really mad at how inconsiderate it was and how bad it smelled.

Best part is, it's been over 100 degrees all week here in LA and I'm really glad to be able to vape inside and with my car windows rolled up and the A/C blasting.

Couldn't have done it without all the inspirational stories I read here first. Thanks everyone! My allergies are nearly all gone, and I feel like I can smell and taste for the first time in years. How is this possible? Were cigarettes REALLY doing this to me and I was just too addicted to accept it? :laugh:

Last edited:

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
A big congratulations to you! I smoked my last cigarette July 4th. I didn't think I would make it. Not because I wanted the tobacco so bad (although there were times, especially during the first few days) but because everytime I thought I was finally ready to quit, I would run out of liquid or have battery/atomizer problems. I am now fully stocked with five 30ml bottles and have a third battery on the way.

I got curious and tried one drag from a friends cigarette last night. Although I didn't cough my brains out like most of the people here when they try one, It did taste kinda nasty, and the TH wasn't nearly as good as my PV. So why go back? Cigarettes are just kinda lame. Can't believe I smoked them for 16 years.

Congratulations once more n your success and I hope you will contine to keep us informed about how it's going. :thumbs:

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
A BIG Congratulations to you Grinch on your success! You are well on your way to a healthier and hopefully longer future.

As a suggestion, be sure to stock up on supplies as soon as you can. Get yourself a few extra atomizers, perhaps a couple more batteries (better yet, make yourself a mod with a larger battery), plenty of e-juice and you'll have peace of mind knowing you'll never run out. I ordered 40 empty 510 carts (with filler) for around $10 from a company in China, I've built and have a half dozen mods with all-day and two-day batteries. You can never have enough it seems.

Kudos to you and here's to your future!

:toast:

Motorpsychle

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Eatonville, WA
Congratulations Grinch

I too have noticed my sinuses clearing up much faster than I expected them to, and my taste buds are slowly coming back to life :D

Although it doesn't usually get that hot(100º +) up here in Washington state, and I haven't smoked in any of my vehicles in years because I hated my cars smelling like ashtrays, when it does get warm enough to turn the ac on I use my pv with a smile on my face, knowing that it won't gunk up the interior of my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread