Melbourne
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Drug talk

redeyes24321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Colorado
I find that vaping isn't so all or nothing like cigarettes. I can go hours without vaping and it doesn't bother me, but when I smoked cigarettes I was smoking one every two hours on the dot at work, and more when I was home. I find that vaping is much easier to set down for long periods of time. Even if I quit vaping, I will at least keep some gear around so if I ever feel the urge its there and I wont be tempted to buy a pack.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I find that vaping isn't so all or nothing like cigarettes. I can go hours without vaping and it doesn't bother me, but when I smoked cigarettes I was smoking one every two hours on the dot at work, and more when I was home. I find that vaping is much easier to set down for long periods of time. Even if I quit vaping, I will at least keep some gear around so if I ever feel the urge its there and I wont be tempted to buy a pack.
Really good idea.

Over the years I've seen people go back to smoking because they didn't keep any vaping gear.
Always keep some vaping gear on hand, even if you quit vaping.
:)

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
I enjoyed reading this post. It's good to know that there are a lot of people out there that also look forward to getting off nicotine and vaping all together. I've been vaping just under four months and as much as I enjoy the vaping experience, I really can't stand the maintenance involved any more. I'm getting too lazy and look forward to the day when I can walk out of the house without having to put together my vape case.

Mart

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
VA
I enjoyed reading this post. It's good to know that there are a lot of people out there that also look forward to getting off nicotine and vaping all together. I've been vaping just under four months and as much as I enjoy the vaping experience, I really can't stand the maintenance involved any more. I'm getting too lazy and look forward to the day when I can walk out of the house without having to put together my vape case.

Amen!!!!!!!

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
I have gone from 2.5 pad to 4ml o nic. lasting me a week. When I started vaping I purchased all the toys I could. Right now I have an ego-t pass thru and a cheap mechanical as backup. I use a kanger pro 2 tank set up and that is all. I hope to soon quit the vaping all together. Even when I stop vaping I will hang on to my set up for the just in case.

Hi. I read the whole thread and being new to vaping (my quit analog day was 9/18/13). I am with all of you that are thankful to be off the analogs and are planning to be off vaping in the future. Listed below is my entire stock of E-liquids that I will soon be starting on as about all my 12mg sample bottles have been vaped. I think I have enough equipment and liquid to last about 3-4 months and then I will start on the no nicotine flavors. You may notice that I have a bottle of 18mg no flavor fusion liquid in case of events like my car gets stolen, my condo catches on fire or even if I get a hangnail. I know I never want to smoke anything again so like some of you when I am through with vaping on a frequent basis I will keep my 'safe' stash handy. "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY FILL TANK PRESS BUTTON AND VAPE"

HALO E-LIQUIDS: (30ml bottles)
(1) Prime 15 – 6mg (ultra-light)
(2) Longhorn – 6mg (ultra-light)
(3) Torque 56 – 6mg (ultra-light)
(4) Tribeca – 6mg (ultra-light)
(5) Turkish Tobacco – 6mg (ultra-light)
(6) Captain Jack – 6mg (ultra-light)
(7) Sub-Zero – 6mg (ultra-light)
- Fusion 18mg nicotine (full)

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
I know I will not stop Vaping Nic liquids. I had planned to cut out the Nic and eventually vaping. I have Crones and have found that when I quit using Cigs,or when I cut down to 6mg,I had more attacks. I had one re-section when I was 15. A friend who has had 4 re-sections,told her Dr. that she had more attacks when she quit smoking. He told her that Nic did relax the intestine,but that the Cigs would kill her and to use the patch.

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
A big congrats to those who quit vaping. For me, vaping now is a hobby. I vape 12 or 11 mgs nic in my juice but i can see myself going for the 0 nic if i push myself. Quitting vaping may be nice for me since it will up my monthly savings for retirement significantly.

One of the thing that keeps me vaping is for tasting certain dairy desserts that i always miss out on since i am extremely lactose intolerant. Now i can 'taste' stuff like ice cream, a la mode, irish creme flavours without hitting the head every so often with the Poo Pourri spray later in the evening. :blink:

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Freaking quitter

lets all get in a car and beat em' up for showin us up --thats tooo fast; they say e cigs do not stop the addiction..

I haz no intentions of quitting vaping for a while and this just beans the ball into the glove at 100 mph, slow down grasshpper enjoy the vapes.

No really congrats nothing at our present flesh factor of needs is better than oxygen.. Wish ya well..

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
I haven't vaped for several months. After vaping 0mg for more than 2 years, vaping got to be kind of a chore to me. The funny thing is that I didn't even intend to stop vaping. I just didn't feel like vaping one day, and again the next, and so on and so on. I still have several bottles of untouched juice that I mixed just before this happened, they are just sitting there with my equipment ... frozen in time.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Good luck in your quest to be vape free Scoper :)

I lost my addiction to nic a long time ago now. :) But I've continued to enjoy vaping and while I most often use zero nic juice I also enjoy some 3-6 mg nic juice sometimes just because I enjoy it and see no reason not to. I've never felt in real danger of returning to smoking BUT when I look back on the past 3 years I do realize there were moments along the way it would have been VERY easy to pick up smoking again. :( Even though I felt confident I'd never smoke again after the first month of vaping I still had that urge to have a cigarette hit me out of the blue every few months for that entire first year. I remember at about the 18 month mark and again around the 2 year mark REALLY missing the feeling of smoking a cigarette. I love vaping, but its not the same as smoking and I missed smoking. I can honestly say no urge or desire for a cigarette at all in my third year, not even once. :)

I lost my need to try lots of new vaping toys over 6 months ago. Its still fun to try something new once in a while :D but no longer a burning desire. I've lots of RA's and material to rebuild with but honestly I've no interest in spending the time rebuilding. I like dripping with my old fashioned 510 attys which last me months and that is for me, is as simple as it gets and I like simple now :) I used to vape several different flavored juices during a single day but now I can vape the same flavor for many days without any need to change flavors. Often the only reason I change flavors is simply because I've emptied a bottle and need to start using a different one.

I've no plans to quit vaping but I didnt plan to quit smoking when I ordered my first ecig, so who knows whats in my future. :)

kittybite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Portland, OR
Scoper50, thank you for the great post! I'm three months in and started to get off analogs permanently. While I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase of vaping (i.e., puffing my head off), I'm already dropping my nic levels for the end goal. Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment - it helps people like me know that it's possible! :)

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Well guys, i quit! I haven't picked up an ecig since Monday. I'm currently on day 3 with no nicotine, and it's going pretty well. Day one was horrible. I had physical cravings for most of the day, but i pushed through it. As of today the physical cravings are gone. I still have metal cravings though. Triggers. But the only thing that will fix that is time.

I put all my vape stuff in a box and stuck it on the top shelf in a closet. It's a done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread