My Personal Opinion on FDA and Ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigelty

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Long Island
I find it interesting that tobacco cigarettes are FDA approved, yet the FDA has created controversy that runs both hot and cold regarding the safety of ecigs.

Now,regular cigs contain horrible chemicals used in rat poison, welding substances, etc, etc. The ecig contains minute quantities of LESS harmful chemicals.

And in regards to PG in ecigs, from what I read, PG is in pharm medicines, foods and even condoms. Hence the fact PG is used in fireman training, theaters, clubs, etc where ppl inhale up to 50 gallons!

Ecigs are just a safer alternative. Ban sales to minors, warn the public of possible side effects and be done with it!

Actully, if I were in a position of political power and business, approving ecigs could actually create big markets...especially in the pharm dept ecig sales have drastically increased in the past year.

With that in mind, who are they kidding that they are concerned with our health? They care about money and control, brought on by addiction and social acceptance.

oldlady

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Charleston, SC
LOL! It is my understanding that the government does want to put an extra tax on stuff that is fattening. What next, huh?

I hate government regulation as much as anybody (if not more so!). However, there is a need to ensure product safety for stuff that is ingested. For example, I read a report (posted here somewhere) about a case where stuff--like cough syrup--was contaminated with the anti-freeze chemical and people died. We certainly don't want that to happen to any of us!

At the same time, we know e-cigs have been studied and approved by a company in New Zealand and a company (if not the NHS) in the UK. Why can't the FDA just take their word for it until proper testing procedures and standards can be put in place here?

I see no need for the FDA to go about banning stuff willy nilly because the drug companies and/or big tobacco can't stand the competition. THAT is crap. Indeed, THAT is corruption.

rickghouse

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
To put is simply, the FDA is in bed with Big Pharma & Big Tobacco. Our health is a non-issue with them. Tobacco tax revenue is at stake.

When they figure out how to add massive taxes to e-liquids, all of a sudden they will be in favor of e-cigs!

The FDA are a bunch of sactamonious, self-righteous b@$tards who obviously don't give a rat's bottom about our health.

Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread