My love- hate relationship with Silver Bullet and why I can never be faithful to it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
I am sitting here depressed and vaping on my Silver Bullet. The SB was my first mod. I have had it almost 3 years and it’s never let me down. I have dropped it stepped on it and it just keeps going. I don’t really like my SB. It does not vape all that well. The puny 3.2 volts just don’t fire my favorite XXXL dual coils like my other mods. Even the LR Dual’s are just “OK” at 3.2 volts. Sure the battery will last almost all day, but unlike my Monkeyboxx, I have to constantly add juice. When I first got my Monkey it was beautiful, but after I dropped it on the tile floor, my Monkey was on its way back to Tom in North Florida to get repaired again. I can’t blame Monkey. It is a wooden box and when I drop it on tile, it cries and demands to go back to Tom. I had a brief relationship with a dual 18650 plastic VV mod, but after an atomizer got stuck and I tried to unscrew it, it left me forever. I have had several vaping relationships with different tube mods that use 1450’s or stacked 132-a’s to get 5 volts and I have to constantly change the batteries. Those mods soon land in the back drawer. All the ego stuff, well, let’s just say it is less than satisfying.

Every new mod is like a hot new relationship, but just like most relationships, mods don’t last, and I am back to the old Silver Bullet. I have a lot of mods. I fall in love with all of them. When they are new, I keep them with me all the time, but after a few days or weeks or maybe a month, they always fail and I am back to my SB. Whenever I get a new mod I say “I’ll get rid of my SB soon”. My problem is after a few weeks, the new mods get finicky and that’s the end for them. My Tekk Mod V2.0 was way cool. It vaped great. I never even dropped, it but it died in a month and you can’t change the batteries. (I am looking for someone to repair that one).

My latest mod is the Ego Booster. It was truly the bomb. It vaped like crazy and made all my old moods great again (Even the SB). Then I put it on a brand new ego 1000 mah pass-through battery and it died. When I checked the ego battery, I discovered it was not cutting off. When I screwed in a cart, it just keeps burning until the cartomizer glows red. I am pretty sure it’s what killed my $70 Ego Booster. (I have never seen a dual coil cartomizer pop until today). The guy at Happy Vapor is really nice. He is going to help me get my EB fixed, even if it is the fault of the X!!!! ego battery, but until he does, I am here with my SB contemplating my next mod? (When my EB comes back, I promise I will only vape it with my SB and AW batteries). As for now, I am back on the forum vaping at 3.2 and contemplating my next mod.

The mod I am dreaming about is metal, or unbreakable plastic, it is variable voltage with a simple dial, it uses an 18650 (or 2), it’s a bottom feeder it has a catch cup, it will accept dual coils, even the biggest tanks without an extension and charges via USB. It does not need a screw driver to adjust or have a touch pad to change voltage and simultaneously tell you the time in China. (I have almost pulled the trigger on a Provari but they say they don’t work great with dual coils and I would hate to drop one of those). I have seen the $300 mod that has a built in pump and computer but that little feeding tube does not look to sturdy, I don’t think you can use cartomizers and I want to see a every reviewer fall asleep and push it off the sofa onto a hard floor, but they never show you that!!!!!!!!!

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
I feel your pain, but I am a bit confused. ( like that's not normal for me :facepalm: )

Thanks to another ECF member, I recently joined the ranks of SB owners and I was
struck by how much hotter my SB hit. I have a 3.7v box mod and it metered out at
3.8v under load on a fresh batt. Yet, when I first fired a DC on my SB I actually got
a little burnt taste. The carto is a couple weeks old so the burnt taste was prolly a
little gunk burning off. It tasted fine after a few hits.

I haven't had the time to try to meter out the SB, but I attribute the hotter hit to
the copper spring and copper pos batt contact giving better conductivity. Even after
a couple hours use it still seems to be hitting a little harder than my trusty box which,
like I said, I know is around 3.8v.

So, I am confused when you bemoan your "puny 3.2v" on your SB, when I judge mine
is hitting like it's at 4v's or better. Are you using one of those lower voltage LifPo batts?
I am using AW's 2600mAh 18650 batts by the way.

Keep fighting the good fight :vapor:

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
Might I recommend a new Buzz Pro. It should handle a DC to your satisfaction and they are known for thier durability. With the new switching regulators he is using now, it should also stretch your batt life. Just a thought...

If you have the skills, you might also consider starting to build your own. Once you learn how to do your own 5v regulated or VV, you'll never be stuck without a good mod. I only keep spare mod parts around now (pots, chips, resistors, ect...) and I haven't missed a day at 4.7-5.2v vaping in months.

Funny story btw...

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Might I recommend a new Buzz Pro. It should handle a DC to your satisfaction and they are known for thier durability. With the new switching regulators he is using now, it should also stretch your batt life. Just a thought...

That's what I was thinking but, it won't take 18650s and I'm not sure how well it does with tanks.

The Galileo comes close but, no VV.

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
Mickey,

The only off the shelf mod I am aware of that will take 18650's and also provide vv is the Provari. Nice mod but I vape LR Dual Coils between 4.7 and 5.2v which the Provari just can't handle due to the cutoff.

As far as the Buzz Pro (which I don't own...I have an old Buzz), it will handle tanks such as the Liquinator or CE2 tanks no problem. If battery life is a concern, you should be able to get between 6-10 hrs of average vape time out of (2) 16340's. I get about 6hrs out of the old Buzz with a linear regulator. The new switching regulator is supose to greatly extend that time...

Here is a picture of a couple of my mods. On the right you can see the Buzz with the tank mounted...

102_5375.jpg

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
I have seen the $300 mod that has a built in pump and computer but that little feeding tube does not look to sturdy, I don’t think you can use cartomizers and I want to see a every reviewer fall asleep and push it off the sofa onto a hard floor, but they never show you that!!!!!!!!!

thats the eclipse. and its made of hard aluminum. (or so it says)

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Mickey,

The only off the shelf mod I am aware of that will take 18650's and also provide vv is the Provari. Nice mod but I vape LR Dual Coils between 4.7 and 5.2v which the Provari just can't handle due to the cutoff.

As far as the Buzz Pro (which I don't own...I have an old Buzz), it will handle tanks such as the Liquinator or CE2 tanks no problem. If battery life is a concern, you should be able to get between 6-10 hrs of average vape time out of (2) 16340's. I get about 6hrs out of the old Buzz with a linear regulator. The new switching regulator is supose to greatly extend that time...

Here is a picture of a couple of my mods. On the right you can see the Buzz with the tank mounted...

I may have given the wrong impression. I think the buzz is a great mod. I have a buzz pro on the way and I'm getting antsy. I got it during the recent sale. I was just pointing out that it didn't quite meet the OP's requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread