My kayfun lite clone is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactix

Dec 17, 2014
New York
My base is screwed, one post hole is absolutely stripped, I can only get a tight fitted and not made for the base screw to actually fit and screw down all the way, meaning, I either need a new rta a new rda, or a replacement base for my svoe mesto clone.
Problem? I just can't seem to find a replacement base for this kayfun lite... $14.39 Kayfun Lite Styled Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5mL) - clear tank section at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Any ideas? If suggesting a new RTA, which should I go with while maintaining a decent budget, or even an RDA if you think it would save me on juice and time building.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Tried putting a piece of kanthal in the post hole for the screw to "bite" into ... or is it completely unthreaded?

If you like tanks I'd look into the Silverplay or Goblin. They're by all accounts better than a Kayfun and the closest thing to a dripping experience out right now when it comes to flavor and air flow. Best of all, they're $30-$40. Not bad given they are authentic and performance is top notch.

Tactix

Dec 17, 2014
New York
Tried putting a piece of kanthal in the post hole for the screw to "bite" into ... or is it completely unthreaded?

If you like tanks I'd look into the Silverplay or Goblin. They're by all accounts better than a Kayfun and the closest thing to a dripping experience out right now when it comes to flavor and air flow. Best of all, they're $30-$40. Not bad given they are authentic and performance is top notch.
Any links bro? And what do you mean putting kanthal in the hole? I should try this :O

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
I've wanted to upgrade my Kayfun Lite V1 with a V2 base and also have been unable to find one anywhere. I guess it doesn't make sense to sell the base alone, since it would likely be priced close the price of the full unit.

I have a Lemo and an Erlkonigin clone. The Erl vapes very much like the Kayfun Lite, but can be top filled. The Lemo has much more air flow and can handle much more wattage for bigger clouds. It all depends on how you like to vape. If you like the Kayfun mouth to lung style, then get a Kayfun V4. It's easier to use than the Lite V2. If you want more vapor, then get a Lemo or maybe even a Kanger Subtank.

I drip at home and use tanks on the go. I think RDAs are the best choice for high volume vapor and intense flavor. But they are not very portable and you have to redrip every 10-15 puffs. But the better taste and vapor experience makes it worthwhile for me at home. Plus I like the ability to change up flavors which each redrip if I want. The Holmes, Rogue and Tobh RDAs are my favorites for ease of use with great flavor. The Veritas is also great for flavor, but can be tricky for inexperienced builders.

Tactix

Dec 17, 2014
New York
Good find, really, But no need to be like that, really now. I looked at fasttech, type into the search bar "Kayfun lite replacement base" and have fun finding the one you just did, search set to relevance. Thanks for the find, now I don't need to worry. :)

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009156/2095802-replacement-base-for-kayfun-lite-kayfun-mini-v1 Would this one work as well? Looks a LOT more sleek, and has the SVM logo that my tank already has.

Last edited:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Any fix will just be temporary. FT sells several different replacement bases for $6 - $9 like $5.10 Replacement Base for 22mm Kayfun Lite Plus V2 & Kayfun Lite Five Pawns - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping or one of the others they offer. For a single coil addy, I still like my Kayfun clones but get better flavor and airflow from a Lemo, $31.69 Authentic Eleaf Lemo RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (5.0ml) - stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping unfortunately it's more expensive than the Kayfun clones. RDA's are also a good option with several available that hold enough juice/wick to last awhile, I use a Magma.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Good find, really, But no need to be like that, really now. I looked at fasttech, type into the search bar "Kayfun lite replacement base" and have fun finding the one you just did, search set to relevance. Thanks for the find, now I don't need to worry. :)

$5.74 Replacement Base for Kayfun Lite / Kayfun Mini V1 - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Would this one work as well? Looks a LOT more sleek, and has the SVM logo that my tank already has.

Yes it will.
Remember in searches Less is more - Kayfun Base
You will see they list about 6 variations. Most will interchange.
Quality varies. Read reviews if available.

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
I meant to say in my post that the base I cannot find is the base for the Kayfun Lite Plus v2 with dual 2mm Airholes. My dual airhole Kayfun has a nicer more open draw and I'd like to upgrade my other two single air hole Kayfuns to duals. I don't see the dual base at Fasttech. I like the Kayfun Lite Plus v2 dual 2mm Airholes with a nano clear bell cap over my Lemo for on the go because it's a lot smaller and lighter, especially on a small mech.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012

$5.74 Replacement Base for Kayfun Lite / Kayfun Mini V1 - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Would this one work as well? Looks a LOT more sleek, and has the SVM logo that my tank already has.

just type in kayfun next time. they show all the stuff for kayfun they sell, i was browsing the site earlier for kayfun replacements. dont be so specific on search parameters because sometimes it tries to include all your search terms and anything that doesnt include all the words you typed in the search bar possibly wont show up.

Tactix

Dec 17, 2014
New York
I meant to say in my post that the base I cannot find is the base for the Kayfun Lite Plus v2 with dual 2mm Airholes. My dual airhole Kayfun has a nicer more open draw and I'd like to upgrade my other two single air hole Kayfuns to duals. I don't see the dual base at Fasttech. I like the Kayfun Lite Plus v2 dual 2mm Airholes with a nano clear bell cap over my Lemo for on the go because it's a lot smaller and lighter, especially on a small mech.
I have heard the v2's are VERY hard to find even replacement screws for, that really stinks, but best of luck my man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread