My Introduction .... Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
The Huge State Of Rhode Island
so i just joined today so hello all and thank you for reading my post.

my story is i started out smoking newports for a few years (sorry if that counts as advertising) then i wanted to quite so i got a prosmoke PV and was very happy with it until i got annoyed with buying carts, so i started smoking pipe tobacco and was inhaling it which is probably even worse then ciggs. idk what possessed me to look into e juice but i did and realized i could refill my prosmoke carts which was great but a pain in the ..... i realized the prosmoke was a rebranded joyetech m401 that i overpaid for .... i was ...... so i bought the joyetech M510-t and i love the tank system and the simplicity but now there's all these mods for it like cartomizers and clearomizers and different atomizers and that's where i get very confused. currently im just vaping on a joyetech M510-t with no issues on some flavored 50-50 juice i got from vaporbomb.

i currently have the Joyetech Ego 18650 Mod with a 2600mah battery in the mail to use on my 510.

i am new to this so if you see a complete fail on my part anywhere please point it out or if i should be doing something differently constructive criticism is always welcome.

thanks! and i look forward to meeting some fellow vapers =P

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
thanks =) and yeah my lungs are telling me im doing the right thing im still hacking up pipe tobacco gunk ugh so wont miss this.

anyways so i get that and atomizer is simply something that heats up and turns the liquid that's in a cart tank or dripped into vapor.
i get that a cartomizer is like a disposable atomizer that is attached to a cartridge.

but then there's cartomizers that are different from the disposable ones like there more expensive then atomizers?
and then there's clearomizers which im TOTALLY confused on but very interested because they look so cool!

i need help. or to be directed to a forum iv looked at a few with no such luck of understanding =P

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hi Jafaria, joined today also. Nice to meet you. I am also using a joyetech, a Ego-T. But I gotta say, some of the custom mod stuff that I am reading about on here sounds pretty interesting. Have you checked some of them out?

i have and there so interesting lol wish i understood half of them i really wanna know about these clearomizers they look so cool but then i read some bad things about them, then i think well i read bad things about everything at one point or another.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Atomizers - have a coil and no filler and you drip on them directly or put juice in a cartridge containing filler and place the cartridge on top of the atomizer.

Cartomizers - looks like atomizers but contains filler to hold juice and the filler surrounds a coil.

Clearomizers - plastic tube that has a metal post running through the middle that contains a coil either on the top or bottom. Usually the drip tip cap unscrews at the top and you pour your juice inside around the center post.

Carto/Tanks - a glass or plastic-type tank with a cartomizer running through the middle that has holes punched in the sides. You fill the tank up with juice and it seeps into the cartomizer through the holes on the sides.

I think you will love your Ego purchase and it will be a good starting point and satisfy you very well. I recommend the vivi nova tanks/clearomizers. You can look at reviews and information about them on Youtube. You will find some love atomizers, some love cartomizers, some love clearomizers and some love a carto/tank setup. Everyone loves different things and you have a wonderful opportunity on trying them all out eventually and seeing what satisfies you personally the most, which is what is most important and totally fun! Vaping is fun because there are so many flavors and options to try out, and always new inventions and gadgets coming out that are even better than the ones before! Best of luck to you!

igloo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Idaho
The nice thing about a coil wick setup is that usually it can hold 1.6-3.0mls also you can see your juice level, and the vape is a bit warmer arguable making the flavor come out more. If you want to try a good clearomizer I would suggest the kanger T3 they are easy to use and produce great flavor, TH, and vaper. I ll post a link below to a review by Pbusardo who is well known here and does great reviews. You may want to try out some boge cartomizers they last about a week or two, they are inexpensive and you can learn to fill them youtube aswell, Ill post a link. Dripping attys that are not rebuildable I find burn up quickly, and are expensive for what you get it also makes it impossible to switch juice, because you taste your old juice that was in there even after flushing them hope that helps watch the videos it should make a huge difference.

Clearomizer vid:

A PBusardo Review - The Clearomizer Shootout - YouTube

Carto fill vid:

A PBusardo Tutorial : Filling Boge 510 Cartomizers - YouTube

If you have any questions just keep asking and keep vaping, good job quiting and staying away from cancer sticks.

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
sweet hokus i deff know the feeling of being excited for a new arrival

and igloo the clearomizer video was very helpful but raised 2 questions

1 being i have a lot of different flavors so do i need a lot of clearomizers at 7 bucks each o_O?

2 you cant change the drip tip on the T3 and that style reminds me of an old man on a corncob pipe im all for customization so any pointers there?

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Welcome, Jfaria. I know it can seem overwhelming. Been there and there is still a lot I don't know about the big wide world of vaping. I like these clearomizers...Kanger T3 Rebuildable Clearomizer - Clear. I am not tech savvy whatsoever and I find them easy to fill and I like that the coil can be replaced and saves you the price of a whole new clearo.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
They come with 3 heads, so essentially they are like getting 3 of them. When a head is no longer any good, you simply unscrew it and screw on a new one. You should watch on Youtube to see what I mean. The tanks are reusable so you just buy the replaceable heads, which range from $2-$3 each and not real expensive. The initial investment is well worth it IMO. I've ended up over time having 6 of them in rotation. lol. I love them but maybe just get one and see if you like it. Also, the heads are rebuildable so keep the old heads and save them in case you want to venture in trying to make your own coils in the future, which alot of people do to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread