My introduction and Vision eGo V3 question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

Quick introduction and background. Ok, soo...I've been smoking a pack a day for about 15 years. About 2 weeks ago in the morning I coughed up chunks of brown stuff and I finally decided to quit deathsticks. I knew that nicotine patches, gum and chewing tobacco would not work for me, so I looked into getting one of those e-cigs. Talked about this with my co-worker, and hey, it turned out that his daughter was trying to sell her kit unsuccessfully on e-bay. So the next day he brought it in, I tried it and came to the conclusion that this is the way out from my addiction. Well I didn't know any better then, but after doing some research online it came to me that the Kit I bought wasn't really that good of a deal. The battery was a cheap knockoff of eGo (no 5 click system), unknown origin Atty with 2 pre-filled cartridges, charger set and almost full 30ML/24Mg strawberry juice. Paid $40 and would be kinda ...... if not for juice and charger. That same evening I learned a lot about e-cigs by watching YT reviews and looking up info provided by different online vendors. I learned about a need of supplies and batteries the hard way LOL. So anywayz, the next day I ordered eGo-T 900mha, one joyetech SR atty and 3 more empty cartridges (didn't want to go all out with my 1st vendor). 3 days later I got my package and was pleased. Only further down the road I learned much more about cartos, tanks, clearomizers, VV's mods and all that jazz. Watching reviewers on YT taking humongous puffs from different tanks, clearomizers e.t.c. and talking about how much flavor one can get out of those things, a week later I placed an order at the same vendor- vision eGo V3 2.4ohmz +6 empty cartridges (right after I placed the order I learned that you can replace used fillings in cartridges with fish tank filters from a pet-store- thnx Ms.T for the hint. I will order some e-liquid from your store as soon as im done with 3x15ML of awesome juices I got from a local retailer here in Minnesota). So anywayz, after 3 days I got my V3 in mail, oh boy I was exited. I didn't want to fill it up with the strawberry juice I got cuz I think it was expired (about 6 month lifespan right?) This last weekend I went down to get some of the good stuff from a good rated e-liquid manufacturer nearby. Got it, filled up ma stardust V3 clearomizer with Kentucky Blend Nr7...MMmmmm...IMO so much better than Atty with that metallic aftertaste and no more filling it up every 10min.
So I started using stardust V3 last Saturday, no problems what so ever, no cracks, no leaking on battery, wicks good, good draw. Was switching between my eGo-T 900mha and fake ego, everything worked fine till yesterday. I got home from work, decided to try out another juice I got. Vaped ma clearo pretty much dry, and took the unit apart for cleaning. Since I was vaping Kentucky blend Nr7 and I wanted to try watermelon, i knew that it would be impossible to clean out all the flavor. So I didn't go too hardcore, didn't boil the coil head, just blew it and dried the wicks real good with paper towel, rinsed the plastic tube and wiped out the mouthpiece and metal pipe thingy. Put it all back together, filled with watermelon juice, put it on eGo knockoff...baam nothing...button just blinked 3 times and thats all. I thought maybe the fake one was on its last leg, so I took my 2 week old 900mha, and guess what, the exact same thing. I freaked out...I put on the atty- baam same- 3 flashes and nothing. I began to smell just a slight smell like burning electrical stuff if I sniffed the battery.
Started to dig up info about this issue and here's my conclusion:
Apparently Stardusts (vision V3) for eGo center pole treads are too long, which causes the center contact platform on the battery to go in. I did manage to pull out that contact on both batteries, but it didnt help. I tried to turn the battery on and off- didn't help, still same 3x flashes. Tried charging the batts for 30min, nope. Also it seemed that the top part of the battery, where the treads were, were getting warm on their own...with nothing screwed on them. I found out that eGo's have this safety / recovery mode, and you have to charge a battery for like 8h to fix this issue. I didn't really have the balls to leave a malfunctioning battery on the charger overnight, so I just left it alone and went to sleep. One thing I noticed, when I screwed on the batt. in the charger, the red wall-charger LED came on, like it does when it's plugged in the outlet. Today I woke up with the hope that all that was just a bad nightmare, but it wasn't. I couldn't help myself with the nicotine withdrawal other than stealing a few of my wife's cloves (she smokes only when there is some drinking goin' on, but she really likes e-cigs, so we got 4.5ML sample bottle with blueberry juice with 0Mg nicotine in it for her) and sad as a panda can get headed out to work. Ok, so since I really didn't want to go back to analogs, after work I went down to the closest e-cig retailer. Told them what happened, what I did to try to fix it so far, and also asked if they carry eGo TWIST. Of course they did. Have to say everybody in the store was really nice and kind. One customer suggested trying to charge it in different outlets, he told that he had same problem and it helped. The sales guys told me that fake chargers could cause this. They offered to put my poor battery on their original joyetech charger for 20min. and offered to try out the selection of e-liquids they had, I just couldn't say No to that. Well, after 20min. as I was expecting, my batt. was still dead, same 3x flashes. I end up buying 1000mha eGo Twist stainless and a charger set. So now I'm sitting and writing this wall of text, keeping my eye on the charger with the probably dead battery (gonna actually try charging it for 8h, tho I think it won't work).
Ok I'm almost done here, just a few more things. I will send e-mail to online store where I was buying all the stuff, with explenation what happened. Thing is- after 1st week of using eGo-T I just threw out receipt which was also a warranty (kinda really stupid thing to do on my end). I just wanna let the guy know that there is some major problem with the long treaded center pole, and un-experienced user like me can mess up he's or her's equipment. Not really hoping on refund or replacement. Well now when I know that you shouldn't screw a clearo too far, just snug it lil bit, do you guys think it would be safe for me to use my clearo on my brand new twist? I'm scared to do it. :unsure:

P.S. Sorry for wall of text :blush: And also English is my 3rd language so sorry goofy style or grammar.

Have a wonderful day and keep on vaping!!!

I had the same problem when I attached Vision Clearomizer to my battery. I dont know all the technical terms because I am a newbee, but I saw a youtube video and it demonstrated how the center round pole in the battery can actually get pushed down too far if you screw the clearomizer on the battery too tight. Once it is pushed down, it will no longer make contact to charge or work. If you used a (tiny) flathead screwdriver, (I used one that came in a kit to fix the screws on glasses) you can gently lift up on that round center piece in the battery that makes contact with charger/clearomizer. I did this and it WORKED!!! I was so happy! I dont know if this might help yours or not, but it's definitely worth a try before you toss out the battery. :)

Joyetech Junkie

Jul 25, 2012
Fort Myers FL
Um I have been having the same problem! I went through 4 yes 4 eGo C upgrade 1000mAh passthrough battery's. I was able to get 1 of them working again but the other 3 nothing is happening. I am going to try the 8hr charge thing like you said but I will tell you that I havent had any problems with the V1 or V2 only the V3's..........I have already written my vendor about this and they are giving me a warranty with them but what a pain in the ....! I suggest to stay away from the V3's all together! Wow so glad you posted this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread