My HILT MOSFET Mod

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
On my BP Mods HILT MOSFET Mod, I'm trying to build a coil in a RBA tank. It has an adjustable Voltage Output Range: 3.2-4.2V. What size coil should I make for MTL vaping? I tried a 28g 4/5 wrap coils and it wasn't good. Right now I'm trying a 28g 6/7 wrap and it's working better.

I'm just looking for opinions with this. I've been back and forth with my pod vapes and olde RBA's in the last couple years and got this new set-up recently.

Attachments

• 20240304_133117.jpg
    20240304_133117.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Maybe play around with a couple different ID coils? Different RTAs work, well differently. If the RTA is new, did it come with a couple prewound coils? If so, their ID might be a good place to start.

And, well, use one of the calculators to dial in the wraps to get the resistance you usually use?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I find that, up to a point, putting the coil up about the coil ID from the air intake (if on the bottom) is generally a good starting point. Too low and the air only hits one spot, too high and it just gets diffused.
So, say 3mm ID, put the bottom of the coil about 3 mm high.

Again, tanks vary in design, so of course ymmv. Er, ymWILLv ;)

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs
I find that, up to a point, putting the coil up about the coil ID from the air intake (if on the bottom) is generally a good starting point. Too low and the air only hits one spot, too high and it just gets diffused.
So, say 3mm ID, put the bottom of the coil about 3 mm high.

Again, tanks vary in design, so of course ymmv. Er, ymWILLv ;)
I've been playing with coil height in my Brunhildes. At the same time making smaller I.D. coils.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs
Um...

Might be best to only change one thing at a time. Hard to tell which change made the magic happen otherwise.
Of course. First come the air-jet (flow), then mastering the wrapping of round wire into tight coils...lol. That's all about tension.
And, yes, both DO affect the vape. Finding the sweet spot for yourself and a specific RTA (or any other topper!) is key.
I'm married to Brunhilde for the time being.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidOck

Users who are viewing this thread