• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

my first fasttech order coming soon ... little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
So I should be getting my first fasttech order in tomorrow or the next day. Based on a lot of threads I have read ... Products from fasttech can be in great shape and work perfectly, or some can be faulty. Since I am new to vaping, I don't really know exactly what to check or how to check to make sure that all of stuff got is in working order

What I got is:

- Vamo Vivi-Kit: Vamo V2, 2 Viva Novas (not Vision), 2 18350 Batteries, 1 charger (looks pretty cheap)

These batteries and charger look pretty cheap, I have heard some people say that they shouldn't be used? I'll most likely replace these, but can they be used for a least a couple of weeks?

Anyone use the Fasttech Viva Novas or know where they came from?

- 2 Panasonic NCR18650A Rechargeable 3100mAh 3.7V 18650

Are these good batteries for the Vamo?

- Kanger Protank Clearomizer with Pyrex Glass Tank (2.5mL) (authentic Kanger in black box with beauty ring and two replacement heads)

Not expecting this to be bad, this comes in an sealed black Kanger Box, 2 replacement heads and beauty ring

- EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer (1.5mL) (not Kanger)

I heard these are a crap shoot, some can be awesome, some not so much ... any feedback?

- CE4 / CE5 / CE6 / Vivi Nova Atomizer Coil Head (5-Pack)

I got these as replacement coils for the viva novas? Anyone try these out?

- 4 EVOD Replacement heads (2.4 ohm)

Reviews on the side were good ... anyone try these?

Also, should I wash all the tanks before using them... Viva Novas, EVOD, Kanger Protank?

Sorry for the long post, and any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Ecliptikz

Jun 1, 2013
USA
the vivi nova's are complete junk i used them and i felt like it was just not good i acctually got that same setup about a week and a half or so ago and the Vamo is good i'm using the batteries it came with and the charger and it's working just fine i did however order new batt's so i'm just swapping them out i really have not had a big problem other than sometimes my vamo is not firing when i push the botton but since this is my first inexpensive mod i really am able to tell if i want to pursue higher more advanced one's this setup should hold you over it has been great for me and i am using the batt's it came with plus the other ones i ordered till i run into some problems i hope not there has been non so far for me to post i use a kanger protank with my vamo evod bottoms get stuck so i use them on my vision spinner which is just fine for me

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
The Vamo should be good. Just make sure it turns on and that it fires properly once you attach a tank or evod on it.
The Panasonic Batteries should also be good. I have some and they work great.
Without knowing which charger you got I would say that it "should" work fine for a few weeks, but try to make sure that it doesn't overcharge.
The Protank should be awesome for you, just make sure you get some extra replacement heads.

The only part I would be really careful with is the EVOD's if they are not Kanger. I got a few from them and I'll give the following advise: Check to make sure that plastic tanks and tips are not cracked all ready (even inside), and make sure that you DO NOT put minty or citrus flavors in them.

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
Without knowing which charger you got I would say that it "should" work fine for a few weeks, but try to make sure that it doesn't overcharge.

hey, thanks a lot for the feedback. What do you mean by overcharged?

Edit: I just noticed Gully's comment

Wash the tanks before using,the charger should be ok until you get a better one but worth checking your batts with a multimeter(to double check that the charger is stopping at the right voltage)

Not too familiar with over-charging, I didn't know you can charge a battery past it's capacity ... Sounds like it would damage it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread