RDA My first dripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diyguy

May 30, 2015
I've been vaping for only 2 months, and I'm happy with my Subtank Mini (on Coolfire IV mod). I like it a lot.

6mg nic juice seems about right for me, but I have several 3mg juices which don't cut it, nic-wise, in the Subtank, so I decided to get a dripper to get more nic effect, not waste the juice, and give dripping a shot.

Got a Plume Veil clone... I like it, but the 3mg still isn't really cutting it with some juices, and I have some questions:

- The dual coils (0.5ohm total, 26ga) take a while to heat up. I've been running at about 29 watts.

- What differences would I notice with a single coil? Would it heat faster, provide better flavor/nic hit?

- Airflow recommendations? I've been using full bottom airflow, with the top drip-tip airflow closed.

- Any other tips for this newbie dripper?

Thanks!

Broodmance

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2015
Houston
What is the advantage to going to .3 ohms? Faster heatup? I think my mod will fire only to .4 ohms. I have 28ga wire, so that's probably what I'll try next.

Faster ramp up. If you can't go below .4 can you put more wattage into the device?
That being said nothing wrong with 28 gauge. I'm not a fan cause it's thin and harderbto work with for me.

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
I think VHRB2014 has give the best advice for guage of wire for dual coil. 28 gauge will work well at 29 watts in dual coil. The ramp up time will be much quicker than 26 guage at that power level. Try to aim for a dual coil build at around .7 to .8 ohm with it and it should work well.

I have a plume vail and have my airflow set up the same as you and I get good flavour and vapor production.
The build I have in it right now is dual 26 gauge at .4 ohms run at 40 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread