Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Did my first mixing today. Transferred 1/2 L of 100 mg nic into 4 glass bottles. Then I made 100 ml of 15 mg mix, Then I mixed a couple of 10 ml batches of juice from a Nude Nic sample pack. Guess I have to wait for a while now.

I worried about it for several weeks before I did it, trying to anticipate all the horrible things that could go wrong. Turned out to be quite straightforward.

Pouring the nic took patience. I got it in VG. Even thawed out overnight it was a slow pour. I was using a funnel and it took a long time to fill each glass bottle. Not a big deal really since I calculated that would be enough for 4 years at my current rate of consumption.

I started with NN flavors because people say they work fine with single flavors. I'll take my time working up to recipes.

I have some noobie questions.

After I finished I realized my whole plan depended on the nic in the 1/4 L bottles having started out thoroughly mixed onto the VG. Can I rely on that being the case? I could pour it all out into a glass measuring jug and mix it, and fill the bottles again. It would be annoying to have to do that but not a big deal. Next time I'll empty it into the jug and fill the bottles from there. But is it worth remixing the stuff I've already bottled? I'm thinking it must have been well mixed at Wiz Labs since they presumably poured it from a larger container into the 1/4 L bottles. can it separate out in the bottle?

I got some plastic syringes that I used for making the 15mg mix and the flavored juice. They are marked as one time use only. Seems like that would only be a problem if you needed a sterile syringe for medication or some such. Is it OK to wash them and reuse?

When I made the 15 mg nic mix I pulled the 100mg nic out of the bottle with a 10 ml syringe and needle. That worked fine, but only because the bottle was full. How do you get the nic out of the bottle once it gets down to where a needle won't reach the liquid? Maybe I need to get some graduated cylinders instead of using the syringe.

Anyway, this is a lot of fun. I'm not looking forward to the waiting part but I've got plenty of premixed juice in stock.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
..............After I finished I realized my whole plan depended on the nic in the 1/4 L bottles having started out thoroughly mixed onto the VG. Can I rely on that being the case? ..........

Supposedly they won't separate after being well mixed, but some have posted that they sometimes do. I'd guess that you'll be just fine but the rule of thumb is to shake everything first.

Welcome to diy. It's very rewarding and as you've already discovered, lot's of fun as well.

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
I wash and reuse my syringes over and over again! Just make sure they dry pretty well before storing them away in an enclosed space!

You should be absolutely fine just shaking up your base mixes with your nic. My suggestion when transferring your nicotine into your bottles is to use one of your syringes vs pouring into a bottle. Sounds like you may have figured that one out already, but others may need to read it!! Syringes are much faster!!

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I hope you are measuring the nic. You stated 4 bottles. 100 /4 =25mg. Here is a great chart to do things precisely.

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

The 4 bottles was just to divide up the 100mg into smaller amounts. Someone suggested doing that so it wouldn't be disturbed too often.

I did use e-juice-me-up. I picked that one mainly because it's downloadable.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Nude Nicotine's Coffee & Creme and Mayan Mocha found my worn out taste buds, happily. Those are the only ones out of 6-8 tried. Apple Pie and Peaches & Creme did nothing for me but ymmv.

I loved the Mayan Mocha. Nearly made me gag at first, it took several hours in the crock pot and a few days sitting on the shelf before it got good. I still don't get the Coffee Crème, the nasty taste is almost gone but still no coffee taste. But it's different every time I try it so I haven't given up.

Also:

Banana Cream - great
Guava Papaya - great
Chai Tea - very spicy. good but I couldn't vape it for a long period. maybe once in a while alongside something sweet.

Overall I'm pretty happy. My first shot at DIY gave me several good juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread