• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My first bad luck with Canada Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Well - I guess it had to happen sometime :( I have been very fortunate with all my orders so far :) I placed two orders on Sun Feb 10th not realizing that Feb 11 was Family Day in BC - but that was ok - I got notices that both had shipped late Monday - so that was great service.

Now the first order (thankfully the one with my new EVOD) arrived on Friday Feb 15 and the Canada Post information only indicated that it would be delivered in 2-11 business days.

The second order hit the Richmond processing facility just 2 hours after the order that arrived on the 15th and indicated it would be delivered on Feb 15th. Well it stayed in transit and never arrived on the 15th. I waited until Monday Feb 18th and opened a ticket with the Vendor. Received a response very fast indicating they would open a ticket with Canada Post.

So yesterday the tracking updated to show that it was processed in Ottawa at 16:44 and went to in transit at 19:07. So I guess my DIY flavorings are taking the scenic tour of Canada. Not sure how long it will take to get back to Alberta, but I guess if it took 6 days to get from Richmond BC to Ottawa, Ontario it will likely take 5 days to make it's way back to Alberta.

I am just so thankful that it was not something I was desperately waiting for :blink: I sure hope this is not something that I get to experience too often.

Esharp

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
London, Ontario
Well if it's moving around in Canada at least you will get it eventually. Sometimes Canada post can really surprise you, and other times, not so much. I have an order coming in from the states that has to go through customs, now that's a guessing game as when you will get your order, or if they will even release it. At least when it stays in the Canadian system, you will get. Good Luck.

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Well if it's moving around in Canada at least you will get it eventually. Sometimes Canada post can really surprise you, and other times, not so much. I have an order coming in from the states that has to go through customs, now that's a guessing game as when you will get your order, or if they will even release it. At least when it stays in the Canadian system, you will get. Good Luck.

I definitely agree. I have had a few orders from the states and they are pretty much 2 weeks from when I order until I have received them. So I guess if this one arrives by Monday then it won't be any worse than those from the states. However, since there should be no customs involved - I guess it is just very sad when something shipped from BC to AB has to go via Ontario before it arrives.

I actually googled Lethbridge to see if there was another place with the same name. I did find a small community in Newfoundland - so I guess maybe it was on it's way there when my inquiry via the vendor halted it's process. Or who know maybe it actually went to NF and then back to Ottawa.

It is just too bad it is not premixed juice - cause by the time I received it I would not have to steep :D

Last edited:

GoatScrote

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Something about my address is really confusing for people. I get mail from all over the neighbourhood, wrong street number, wrong street name. The pizza guy even stops at my house regularly with someone else's 'za. I've had people show up to my house to fix my furnace, but I never called them, hell, I never heard of them. However, at this address, Canada Post, nor FedEx, DHL, Purolator, or UPS, has ever failed to deliver a parcel. I'm not sure why, since it happens with letter mail all the time, but there it is.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
Something about my address is really confusing for people. I get mail from all over the neighbourhood, wrong street number, wrong street name. The pizza guy even stops at my house regularly with someone else's 'za. I've had people show up to my house to fix my furnace, but I never called them, hell, I never heard of them. However, at this address, Canada Post, nor FedEx, DHL, Purolator, or UPS, has ever failed to deliver a parcel. I'm not sure why, since it happens with letter mail all the time, but there it is.

LOL.

I know this company that has a particular post office box and many people contact them to confirm the address. It seems that PO Box 123 can look suspicious...

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Well it is still in transit from Ottawa - so I am now wondering if that is where it really is. Not sure how you confuse Lethbridge, AB with Ottawa, ON - but then I guess Ottawa might just be where they sent it for sorting.

Looks like I will need to contact the vendor again - after the last inquiry - it updated to being at the Ottawa facility - so who really knows where it might be :confused:

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
Best one I have had so far was a mod I shipped to the States being delivered to me the day after I shipped it. ...... couldn't even read there own shipping label what part of sender and not receiver did you not understand ? Oh we'll I got my money back and they resent it no charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread