My experience with the Blu and eGo-T thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaklaflubillibu

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Illinois
Got the Blu, then the eGo-T shortly thereafter. I enjoyed the Blu but sucked down the 10 cartos I got with it in 2 days. Fortunately, the eGo-T came in the day after I ran out of cartos and so I started vaping it with the LF Cherry VG juice that came with it.

After vaping 4 full tanks from the eGo-T, I can safely say I very much dislike the vapor it produces. I really wanted to enjoy it and learn to like it. I thought it was the juice or that it needed to break in, or be cleaned or something, but I ran several tanks, cleaned it (hot water rinsing 2 min, 100% EtOH end-over-end 10 min, dH20 rinse, then burn), then ran another tank. God, the taste is just awful and harsh. Just as bad after the clean as it was before.

In comparison, I refilled the cartos from the Blu with the same Cherry VG juice I thought was the culprit and BAM, awesome smooth, everything I wanted! It was hit or miss however with the 5 cartos I refilled. Although I refilled all cartos roughly the same, 2 would not vape properly after the refill. The ones that did vape vaped beautifully, and oh so tasty and smooth. Not hot and harsh/burnt and tasting like ... like the eGo-T did. The other refreshing thing about the Blu was that it was just like smoking a cigarette. I can hold it like a cigarette, put it to my mouth and draw naturally. With the eGo-T, even though I really tried to not mind having to push the button, I could not hold it naturally, and it just did not feel right. Going back to the Blu felt so right, and was so much more enjoyable! I wish I could get the best of both worlds.

Tomorrow, several Boge 510 cartos and 510 atty and a drip tip will arrive for the eGo-T battery, along with sampler juice pack from puresmoker. I hope to goodness dripping with the 510 atty or using the 510 cartos at least provides the same smooth taste the Blu provides. Although I won't get the natural feeling of the Blu, I can live with that as long as the taste is smooth and good.

Last edited:

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
I'm not a fan of the eGo-T either, but it sounds to me like you were either vaping primer and/or your VG liquid was too thick for the eGo-T atty to wick well. Either way, be sure to blow the primer out of the 510 attys before you use them. It didn't take long before using the button on the manual batteries became second nature to me. Best of luck to you.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Got the Blu, then the eGo-T shortly thereafter. I enjoyed the Blu but sucked down the 10 cartos I got with it in 2 days. Fortunately, the eGo-T came in the day after I ran out of cartos and so I started vaping it with the LF Cherry VG juice that came with it.

After vaping 4 full tanks from the eGo-T, I can safely say I very much dislike like the vapor it produces. I really wanted to enjoy it and learn to like it. I thought it was the juice or that it needed to break in, or be cleaned or something, but I ran several tanks, cleaned it (hot water rinsing 2 min, 100% EtOH end-over-end 10 min, dH20 rinse, then burn), then ran another tank. God, the taste is just awful and harsh. Just as bad after the clean as it was before.

In comparison, I refilled the cartos from the Blu with the same Cherry VG juice I thought was the culprit and BAM, awesome smooth, everything I wanted! It was hit or miss however with the 5 cartos I refilled. Although I refilled all cartos roughly the same, 2 would not vape properly after the refill. The ones that did vape vaped beautifully, and oh so tasty and smooth. Not hot and harsh/burnt and tasting like ... like the eGo-T did. The other refreshing thing about the Blu was that it was just like smoking a cigarette. I can hold it like a cigarette, put it to my mouth and draw naturally. With the eGo-T, even though I really tried to not mind having to push the button, I could not hold it naturally, and it just did not feel right. Going back to the Blu felt so right, and was so much more enjoyable! I wish I could get the best of both worlds.

Tomorrow, several Boge 510 cartos and 510 atty and a drip tip will arrive for the eGo-T battery, along with sampler juice pack from puresmoker. I hope to goodness dripping with the 510 atty or using the 510 cartos at least provides the same smooth taste the Blu provides. Although I won't get the natural feeling of the Blu, I can live with that as long as the taste is smooth and good.

Similar journey for me.
I thought I would not like the bigger eGo battery, but now I'm loving it. I only need one XL to last all day. Occasionally I find myself grabbing a second battery late at night if I've been using LR stuff throughout the day.

Now I alternate between these options. Depending on the situation, battery I grab, and the liquid/flavor, some are better in one thing than another to me.

510 Atties (LR and Regular) w/Drip tip and LUCID carts.
CE2 Cartomizer w/metal sleeves.
Boge LR and Regular Cartomizers
Vortex Cartomizers

I can't say any one Cartomizer/Atomizer type is the best for ALL liquids and situations...so I keep a box of them all handy and reach for the one I'm in a mood for.

I also have two tank attys still. I got my money's worth from them...and they still work, but I rarely ever reach for one.

Flaklaflubillibu

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Illinois
Update:

After receiving some new parts and a sample pack of 75/25 PG/VG juices today, I started out dripping 75/25 PG/VG Peachy Menthol onto a 510 atty and found it to be too harsh and not enough vapor, so after vaping some of that, I dripped on 75/25 PG/VG Mellonica. I could smell taste the melon, but I could still taste the peachy menthol. It was still too harsh, even though I liked the mixture of flavors... So, to boost the vapor and make for a less harsh taste, I dripped on some 100 VG Cherry. Bam! Vapor, less undesireable (to me) throat hit, and a tasty fruity blast!

Concurrently, I filled a Boge 510 cartomizer with 75/25 PG/VG Appleonia, and another carto with 100 VG Cherry. The appleonia was harsh and no vapor, and surprisingly, the 100 VG Cherry was just as nasty and burnt tasting as it was in my eGo-T tank/atty. That made me realize from my 510 atty dripping experiment above, that a mixture of 75/25 PG/VG Melonica and 100 VG Cherry with a pinch of 75/25 PG/VG peachy menthol might yield a good result with the eGo-T tank/atty. I mixed up the according juices in the tank, but had to rinse the tank/atty and do a dry burn first.

The result: After going the whole day with the Blu because I couldn't stand the eGo-T, the eGo-T flows once again! It vapes exceptional with the right combination of VG/PG and flavors. I think I read somewhere that 100 VG in the tank/atty is not recommended. I can now verify this 100%.

Last edited:

wacdenney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Georgia
I don't understand why you are so determined to like the EGO-T... It sound to me like you like your BLU just fine and there's nothing wrong with that. You will find no shortage of people here more than happy to bash the l88b models and especially BLU. Don't listen to them. If it works for you and it's keeping you from smoking then that's all that matters. Get yourself a PCC for the blu. The PCC's BLU sells are actually quite nice. You can get decent l88b batteries and atomizers so you can drip with your BLU here: Volcano E-Cigarette Accessories Online Vendor

I mainly use a KR808d-1 as my normal vape at work all day. I have a Riva and passthroughs that use at night watching TV or sitting at the computer. However, The one time I still use the old BLU is when I drink beer. I don't know why, but the BLU tobacco flavor is perfect for beer drinkin. Whatever....

Quit fighting the EGO and just use your crappy BLU and be glad you're not smoking!!

Flaklaflubillibu

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Illinois
This goes without saying, but with the Blu I was constantly futzing around changing cartos, swapping batteries, charging batteries, and constantly worrying about that blue light on the PCC. Is it on? Is it off? Oh gosh, I don't want the battery to discharge! With the eGo-T, I leave the house with one fully charged and filled eGo-T and an extra filled tank, and I am good to go the entire day with the need to swap the tank only very late in the day, with the battery still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread