• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My Experience Vaping in SA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aucorium

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I just thought it would help some other SA Vapers by posting my experiences with local products and suppliers.

I initially purchased a DURA C from Twisp (this is a rebadged Janty product) and was very happy with the device, large tank and battery life "reasonable". The main issue i've had is with Atomizers, the life on these doesnt seem that great (they get a burnt metal taste after a while and no amount of cleaning etc doesnt seem to help). I also have found that the juices and spares seem on the pricey side for me.

After a while I purchased from the electroniccigarettestore and got a starter kit (ECS 4081), passthrough and some juices. The price on atomizers and juices is a lot better than with the Twisp product.

Well when I got the passthrough hooked up to my computer, that is where my life changed - no more charging batteries and such! However, I must say that the 4081 cartridge for storing juice is pathetic so i've only really found it useful for dripping but it works really well like that. If you want a really cost effective computer vaping device, just go out and get a passthrough, atomizer and some juice and you are set.

Both suppliers offer good service (so far) and what I do now is use the DURA C for mobile vaping and the 4081 for home computer use.

gavin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2009
Joburg, South Africa
I just thought it would help some other SA Vapers by posting my experiences with local products and suppliers.

I initially purchased a DURA C from Twisp (this is a rebadged Janty product) and was very happy with the device, large tank and battery life "reasonable". The main issue i've had is with Atomizers, the life on these doesnt seem that great (they get a burnt metal taste after a while and no amount of cleaning etc doesnt seem to help). I also have found that the juices and spares seem on the pricey side for me.

After a while I purchased from the electroniccigarettestore and got a starter kit (ECS 4081), passthrough and some juices. The price on atomizers and juices is a lot better than with the Twisp product.

Well when I got the passthrough hooked up to my computer, that is where my life changed - no more charging batteries and such! However, I must say that the 4081 cartridge for storing juice is pathetic so i've only really found it useful for dripping but it works really well like that. If you want a really cost effective computer vaping device, just go out and get a passthrough, atomizer and some juice and you are set.

Both suppliers offer good service (so far) and what I do now is use the DURA C for mobile vaping and the 4081 for home computer use.

Hi, try soaking the atomizers overnight in 90 percent alcohol, available from most pharmacies, I've found it works well. Just rinse the atomizers afterwards with boiling water, dry with a hairdryer, then put in a full cart and let it soak up the liquid for 10 minutes before vaping. Also never let your atomizer get dry, they really need to stay wet. Buy the strongest juice and dilute it to save money.

TheDealer

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 23, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier ad

DominionZA

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Is the 901 for sale on the easycigarette website the same as the one that is rated quite well on this forum?

What is the cartridge size like, is it full of stuffing or like the 4081 which has a tiny impractical thing for mobile vaping?

I am looking for a mobile device, decent battery and cartridge life.

100%. I can personally highly rate this 901 from EasyCigarette. I love the thing. He order me 4 USB Passthroughs (901) too to try out. I recommended he stock them as it is so convenient and constant voltage. So expect those in stock with him soon.

And no... Not a mate of his :) I discovered him on BidOrBuy and within weeks he launched a site and is selling like mad. With his service and prices, I am not surprised. He has the best prices I have found anywhere in SA (and I check SA sites often) and often my shipment arrives same day.
If you purchase from him, please tell him DominionZA referred you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread