My eGo batts...So what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
So, one of my eGo batts from a kit I got from a forum supplier, bit the dust. In a big way! So I replaced it w/ a xl eGo batt from goodprofets, and it rocks. I have been using this thing for almost 10 hrs and it is still kicking. But I was getting between 2 and 6 hrs at the most from the standard eGo batts. Usually only two. Did I get inferior batts from my original kit? Or what. I am vaping like I normally do, I think. Anyone have a similar situation?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
The rule of thumb is that one should get about 1 hr of moderate vaping per each 100 mAh, so do your math. An eGo is 650 mAh, a Riva 750 mAh, your new XL is 900 mAh, I presume. Of course, if you're using a low resistance atomizers, you'll drain your battery faster.

No LRs, eGomega cartos all the way for me. But something is up. Because this battary lasts like it is supposed to, the other batts just never did.

That's definitely weird. I've had 3 eGo batts since July 9th, which I rotate, and one consistently winks out at 6 hrs, another around 8, and the last one lasted 11 hrs yesterday, all running on standard 510's with serious chain-vaping.

I really do wish there was more consistency with the equipment.

Last edited:

shaka55

Jul 7, 2010
hawaii
Thudd, I thought I would get in on this after your contact with me. As I said I’m still waiting from Joyetech to contact me about possible cloned eGo kits. See photos from the thread “A Real Joye eGo or Clone??”.

As many here suspect there are clones out there, but it could also be many of these kits are stale. I don’t know how long eGo kits have been around but the batteries wont last forever even if not used. So is it possible to unload old stock, or a vendor buys another vendor stock, or a vendor re-sales returned kits, or is it poorly developed clones? The only reason I even suggest the possible Stale Stock Conspiracy is that Janty is now advertising their eGo kits $55.95 but with a ten day warranty instead of their regular 3 month. Hmm, something is a brewing. How long does the grocer keep the veggies before they are thrown out?

I don’t expect companies to throw out their stale batteries but they should replenish their inventory conservatively. So ultimately it is left up to us. I would say buy only with a substantial warranty or maybe we can get these Vendors and/or companies to Stamp their Batteries with a Factory Birth Date.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Thudd, I thought I would get in on this after your contact with me. As I said I’m still waiting from Joyetech to contact me about possible cloned eGo kits. See photos from the thread “A Real Joye eGo or Clone??”.

As many here suspect there are clones out there, but it could also be many of these kits are stale. I don’t know how long eGo kits have been around but the batteries wont last forever even if not used. So is it possible to unload old stock, or a vendor buys another vendor stock, or a vendor re-sales returned kits, or is it poorly developed clones? The only reason I even suggest the possible Stale Stock Conspiracy is that Janty is now advertising their eGo kits $55.95 but with a ten day warranty instead of their regular 3 month. Hmm, something is a brewing. How long does the grocer keep the veggies before they are thrown out?

I don’t expect companies to throw out their stale batteries but they should replenish their inventory conservatively. So ultimately it is left up to us. I would say buy only with a substantial warranty or maybe we can get these Vendors and/or companies to Stamp their Batteries with a Factory Birth Date.

Right. Greenhouseone.com has the best warranty going right now, 1 year. I only bought local instead of from them because I needed it like yesterday. I intend to give them some business this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

I really hope that becomes a reality...or that someone starts producing quality ecigs (not just mods) here in the states.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That's definitely weird. I've had 3 eGo batts since July 9th, which I rotate, and one consistently winks out at 6 hrs, another around 8, and the last one lasted 11 hrs yesterday, all running on standard 510's with serious chain-vaping.

I really do wish there was more consistency with the equipment.

No argument. I just got some Rivas and had nothing but trouble with them. Weak, inconsistent, take 7-8 hours to charge. Got a replacement and still the same problems. And two of them died. You have no idea how frustrated I am. So you got yours from Rob at GP? I might get one, too. Thanks for the tip.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
That’s an incredible find Thudd, defiantly paste that baby to my vendor list. Do they verify replacement of batteries within the one year warranty?

They say they warranty everything, even attys and cartos(which is what I'll be buying). If they wern't an ECF supplier I might be a bit suspicious, but I will put trust in the fact that the powers that be have looked them over well enough. Check out their treads here: Greenhouse One - E-Cigarette Forum

No argument. I just got some Rivas and had nothing but trouble with them. Weak, inconsistent, take 7-8 hours to charge. Got a replacement and still the same problems. And two of them died. You have no idea how frustrated I am. So you got yours from Rob at GP? I might get one, too. Thanks for the tip.

No, I bought all my eGo's from Vapor Kings, my mother's too. Mom is 64 yrs old and I definitely wanted to get her something reliable after I'd tried mine out for a week or so. So far everything has been excellent--especially since the eGo batt is only expected to last 6 hrs per charge (11 hrs is a definite bonus lol). Mom's batts last her all day.

Same thing with the attys, I only buy from VK.

Right. Greenhouseone.com has the best warranty going right now, 1 year. I only bought local instead of from them because I needed it like yesterday. I intend to give them some business this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Definitely let us know how theirs compare!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
No, I bought all my eGo's from Vapor Kings, my mother's too. Mom is 64 yrs old and I definitely wanted to get her something reliable after I'd tried mine out for a week or so. So far everything has been excellent--especially since the eGo batt is only expected to last 6 hrs per charge (11 hrs is a definite bonus lol). Mom's batts last her all day.

Same thing with the attys, I only buy from VK.

Thanks. I like VK, too.

Nobodyatall

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Phoenix
As many here suspect there are clones out there, but it could also be many of these kits are stale.

There is another possibility regarding the so called "clones". It would be darned near impossible to prove tho.

There is typically a QC step before components leave a manufacturer. Parts that fail the test are simply shunted aside and quietly sold at bargain prices to unscrupulous dealers. Ergo, the clones would be assembled from the failed components or some failed components. Cuts losses to nil. This is an approach I have seen here and in Mexico. Not hard to do if the item in question has no verifiable markings on it to provide traceability.

Thought that might be entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread